• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix really wants to get into video games

yurinka

What about that rumored partnership with Sony that would make Gamepass completely irrelevant in a single day?
More than a rumor it was an image of a Dual Sense and Ghost of Tsuhima in their app. If they really have a deal, it would depend what kind of deal is, how it works, in which platform it work, what are the supported games, its pricing and its implementation etc.

Gamepass as of the end of June had around 18-19M subs, and in January 18M. The gaming industry will make 176B this year, so this Gamepass revenue represents a tiny portion of the industry. Gamepass would need to grow way more to be releveant.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
i don't even know why i have subbed to netflix for so long, their content sucks

HeZJpWx.gif

Last edited:

ripeavocado

Banned
Good, videogame development is 10x harder than cinema or tv and juding by the way they have handled them so far they are going to fail hard with games unless they can afford to just throw money at it until it works like Amazon is trying to do.

Last edited:

onesvenus

More than a rumor it was an image of a Dual Sense and Ghost of Tsuhima in their app. If they really have a deal, it would depend what kind of deal is, how it works, in which platform it work, what are the supported games, its pricing and its implementation etc.
Well, the thing is we tried to tell people that it was nothing more than a prototype using stock photos. If that deal existed do you think they'd have said what's on the OP?

Fbh

With their ability to get well known people to make straight to DVD quality stuff I expect great things in the world of gaming.

"Netflix to Partner with From Software to make....... Burger King Sneak King 2!!!!"

Top Bottom