• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix reinstates worker who spoke out against Dave Chappelle

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
You receive everyone with open arms?

Good luck with that.
vWkvF5f.jpg

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
"High anxiety and Asperger's is never a good fit for dating. I had paralysis attacks on dates and once had the ambulance came in the restaurant because I was dying from a tetany attack from anxiety. So difficult to text back saying how did the date go?"

:messenger_grinning_squinting:
At least I don't have blue hair.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
No I treat everyone I meet with a basic level of decency and respect. Like any normal person does.
I think most people do that chief, you're not a hero. But when tools like the person in question storm meetings thinking they/them and their ilk deserve respect, well..

Now, if someone on the street comes up to me with a mindset that they've already got my respect and starts spouting off, why should I give it?

Most if not ALL people have an agenda, your best friend to your family, everybody. Obviously things happen in life that make people aware of that, personally, i've just had ten months of finding out people really are just shit bags

I'd love to live in a world where everyone I met could just instantly get my respect but sadly nine times out of ten they should just eat shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I think most people do that chief, you're not a hero. But when tools like the person in question storm meetings thinking they/them and their ilk deserve respect, well..

Now, if someone on the street comes up to me with a mindset that they've already got my respect and starts spouting off, why should I give it?

Most if not ALL people have an agenda, your best friend to your family, everybody. Obviously things happen in life that make people aware of that, personally, i've just had ten months of finding out people really are just shit bags

I'd love to live in a world where everyone I met could just instantly get my respect but sadly nine times out of ten they should just eat shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah, I guess that's probably the best thing you got going for you buddy
At least I don't fake my "decency and respect", like you, buddy. See Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 how hypocritical these people are.

Winter John

Gold Member

I never claimed I was a hero son. You ain't got any idea of that person's mindset or the circumstances than I do when they went to that meeting

I never mentioned anything someone coming up to you in the street and spouting off so I don't know what's about. I guess your down to inventing scenarios now.

You having 10 months of finding out people you surround yourself with are shit bags doesn't equate to everybody being a shit bag. It also doesn't ALL people have some kind of agenda. Some do. Some don't. If your smart you'll figure it out pretty quickly. People ain't that complicated.

If you live in a world where you think 9/10 of the people you meet should eat shit, then I'd say you might want to ask yourself if maybe your the one with the problem.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I think you should probably sit it out now son. You reached your capacity with the avatar quote. Now your flailing around, licking ass for back up. It's undignified.
The only undignified person so far is you. But yes, will carry on. I also suggest the ignore button.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
The only undignified person so far is you. But yes, will carry on. I also suggest the ignore button.

Ignore you? Why the fuck would I ignore you? You're kibble. A light snack while I'm sitting in traffic. Tell me something guy. When your out there treating everyone you meet like shit. Do you ever stop to wonder if maybe it's kind of a huge warning sign that the only positive thing in your life is not having blue hair

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I never claimed I was a hero son. You ain't got any idea of that person's mindset or the circumstances than I do when they went to that meeting

I never mentioned anything someone coming up to you in the street and spouting off so I don't know what's about. I guess your down to inventing scenarios now.

You having 10 months of finding out people you surround yourself with are shit bags doesn't equate to everybody being a shit bag. It also doesn't ALL people have some kind of agenda. Some do. Some don't. If your smart you'll figure it out pretty quickly. People ain't that complicated.

If you live in a world where you think 9/10 of the people you meet should eat shit, then I'd say you might want to ask yourself if maybe your the one with the problem.
People are shit. Welcone to earth I guess.

belmarduk

Oh cmon dont compare that thing with philip, he was fat but he had his charme, the only charme this thing has are the entire package of lucky charms that she eat every morning...

OK.
The bitch looks like Carrie Nation.

carrie-nation-feature-543882879.jpg

She was an ardent prohibitionist who went around chopping up bars with her axe. It might be a more apt comparison, as Nation.. like this bitch, could also not stand to see others having fun in any way.

There was a great quote from the Rev on Squidbillies that went something along the lines of, "we can't just stand idly by while other people do things that WE don't approve of!"

Jaysen

Banned
People like Terry Field are part of what drove Dave Chappele’s friend to suicide. After that kind of outburst and hiring them back, netflix is staying true to their colors, even if they host Dave.
How the hell would you know what drove someone to kill themselves? The idiocy of Dave giving the impression that LGBTQ members caused it is just as awful as LGBTQ members claiming he caused it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

Mistake

How the hell would you know what drove someone to kill themselves? The idiocy of Dave giving the impression that LGBTQ members caused it is just as awful as LGBTQ members claiming he caused it.
Right, I’m sure getting death threats for a week on twitter had nothing to do with it /s

I said it was part of the reason, not the only contributing factor

MacReady13

So members of the LGBTQ crowd having a go at Dave saying he will cause trans deaths is A OK yet Dave coming to the quite logical conclusion that she was bullied and that she MAY have killed herself cause of these mother fuckers bullying her online is not ok and not a logical conclusion?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
So members of the LGBTQ crowd having a go at Dave saying he will cause trans deaths is A OK yet Dave coming to the quite logical conclusion that she was bullied and that she MAY have killed herself cause of these mother fuckers bullying her online is not ok and not a logical conclusion?
Woke mobs have put people to kill themselves a lot more.

MacReady13

Woke mobs have put people to kill themselves a lot more.
Without knowing exact numbers I would say you aren't too far from the truth here. 1 need only look at a place like RE and see how they completely dogpile on someone for not thinking the same way. It's astounding how fucking stupid these people are.

Jaysen

Banned
Who said that was ok?

Apparently Netflix has just fired an employee for leaking confidential information about the Chappelle special to Bloomberg. The saga continues!
This is not the pork orc from the OP but a different employee.

Apparently this employee is also the one organizing the upcoming walk out

Bravo Netflix Bravo!!! ....from now on this is how companies should treat these social activists. Social/Politics/Religious activism should have no business to be in workplace to begin with

zeorhymer

"Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant..."

Fucking "allies" make me sick. Don't climb over me to make yourselves look better.

"Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant..."

Fucking "allies" make me sick. Don't climb over me to make yourselves look better.
If this isn’t a case of play stupid games win stupid prizes, I don’t know what is.

Cyberpunkd

So I started watching it and it’s ok’ish, nothing special - I guess I just don’t get stream of consciousness monologue instead of just telling jokes.

But man - hilarious how people are freaking out about trans when right in the beginning he makes a joke about children molestation by the Catholic Church. The priorities people have for being enraged lol.

jason10mm

Gold Member
That special was awesome. Those two danger hair ladies in the third row were the best part :p

Chapelle dropping truth bombs as always.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's like 80k a year job outside of SF.

Eh, it's a good $115k - $145k (depending on numerous factors - but the high end will be for highly specialized work) over here in mid-sized, average cost of living, East Coast City USA. No one in my city would do it for less than $100k unless it was their first or one of their first gigs out of college. I could see seniors engineers only earning around $80k in smaller midwest markets though, sure.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just watched the Chappelle show. It's ok.

I'm not a big stand up fan to begin with, but for an hour show on NF it does the job.

I had to google the Daphne story to see if it was a real and it was. That was the best part of the show.

Top Bottom