• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix reportedly aiming to offer 50 games to subscribers by the end of 2022

gundalf

It's free and all games are individually on the app store.

Apple sadly can't do nothing at the moment.

But now I am wondering if you can play the games without a Netflix sub?

The Apple Store TOS does not allow that, so I suppose the game shares data with the netflix app to check if you have a valid sub to unlock itself, that would be a clever workaround and even work long term as long a full game unlock is still offered via IAP.

Last edited:
Netflix is not in trouble because they didn't get the growth they forecast.

They are in trouble because they're run by headless chickens.

Everything they've been saying is stupid. "discounted accounts with ads, limited to 480p", "let's hunt down people who buy netflix with 4 screen licence but are not using it on a single home and charge them extra for every screen" and, well... This.

Just focus on quality and quantity of releases please.

Last edited:
I’m looking at my. Netflix with the IPad here in US and nothing games related anywhere to be found. Is it just not available yet?

ShaneDH

Neo Member
i don't want fucking games on netflix for goodness sake. make better shows and support them for more than 3 seasons.

this is like me wanting books and signing up for spotify or wanting tv shows and signing up for audible. don't give me games when all i want are movies/tv shows.
Well you may be surprised but Spotify announced that they want to introduce audio books to the platform.

ShaneDH

Neo Member
Serious question... But can PC games ever get to a stage where they can be streamed?
What ye mean? PC games can be streamed right now on Nvidia GeForce Now and there are other options for streaming PC games like Shadow, I believe it's called.

Tangerine

I have read the new game from Ojiro Fumoto, the maker of Downwell, is meant to be decent. It's called Poinpy. Shame it's trapped on mobile. I'd like it on my Switch.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Awesome fun game, well worth downloading, shame it's not really getting any press.

I just played it myself. It's good yeah. Built for mobile, controls work well, it's got charm and above all it's fun and addictive. With unlocks when you die so you are always earning points towards your next unlock, each death. Obviously the further you get the better. The game changes as you get further too. Different enemies, level colours/theme etc.

Going back on it now to try and climb my furthest height yet! Higher score... whatever!

I think it's cool they have moonlighter and into the breach too now, I saw news article headlines but I couldn't see it available in the app yet. The latter is a mobile exclusive for netflix. Not sure about moonlighter. But they aren't doing terribly for a free addition to your subscription. Netflix Gaming as a whole. For mobile...it's not bad.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
No Thank You GIF by The Dungeon Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I honestly don't mind some dumb mobile games on Netflix. I won't play them on a phone, but I could see maybe burning a few mins on some word game or block smasher or something lol. Honestly though, don't really care either way. I find most if the recent conversation around Netflix to be a huge eye roll regardless of which "side" it's coming from.

Tangerine

It's nice to play a game on my phone that doesn't have microtranstions or advertisements, or a life meter where you can't progress any more till the following day, unless you pay of course. It's both strange and refreshing. Specifically this Downwell developers game, Poinpy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As it typically does, Netflix has officially announced the full list of television shows and movies coming to the streaming service in August as July wraps up. Recently, Netflix has begun teasing new video games that it is also adding to the service for mobile devices in upcoming months ahead of their arrival. In August 2022, that specifically includes four different video games -- including Twelve Minutes and the hotly anticipated Immortality.

Notably, Netflix lists all four titles as "Coming Soon" rather than having them set for specific dates. Given that Immortality was recently delayed to August 30th on all of its other announced platforms like Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam, it seems likely that it will also arrive on that date for Netflix. You can check out the full description of the four video games coming to Netflix in August 2022, straight from Netflix, for yourself below:

Netflix Heads Up!

• Description: "Play the smash hit charades game. Now with decks based on your favorite Netflix titles. Grab some friends and let the fun begin!"

Immortality

• Description: "A starlet, vanished. Her films, unreleased. Investigate the lost works of the silver-screen hopeful to unlock the secrets behind her disappearance."

Rival Pirates

• Description: "Make 'em walk the plank! Set sail, fire cannon balls and avoid traps to find treasure before your enemies in this swashbuckling adventure."

Twelve Minutes

• Description: "Tap and drag to escape a time-loop nightmare. This interactive thriller features the voices of James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley and Willem Dafoe."
As noted above, Netflix Heads Up!, Immortality, Rival Pirates, and Twelve Minutes are coming to Netflix in August 2022.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
i don't want fucking games on netflix for goodness sake. make better shows and support them for more than 3 seasons.
While I agree their output hasn’t been the strongest (and I don’t understand the reasoning behind shuttering shows if they are successful), consider that making really good tv shows isn’t just very very hard, there is some luck involved and it’s extremely expensive.

Also consider that we as media consumers “eat” media faster than they can produce it. Netflix may be running into trying to satiate a massive subscriber base that basically requires an unlimited supply of “good” media.

Also Prime and Disney also have these same issues. I’ve tried watching shows and movies on both and I see the same issue.

Don’t have an answer just food for thought.

Tangerine

Into the breach runs and works great on mobile, imo. That released in the last week or two, exclusive to netflix mobile gaming (mobile version only playable with netflix sub)

I've been enjoying the game from Downwell creator, into the breach and bowling ballers (the latter being a bit more mindless and reaction timing, but as a switch (every model) and series X player, I've been impressed...considering they are free mobile games. Well they appear free... I'm sure there's a hidden cost really.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's a cool concept I guess, helps diversify their product. But all of their energy should be directed towards producing actual good content that isn't preachy or chasing trends. For a brief time in the mid 2010's their catalog of original content was hard to beat. Almost up there with the best of HBO. Now the sad, pitiful Resident Evil series feels like some kind of sad self-parody of Netflix and serves as a shining example of everything wrong with their approach to production.

Last edited:

Rykan

Not all the woke content dominating the streaming service lineup. Not controversies such as Cuties/big mouth and certainly not yet another price hike roughly a year after the last one.

As Elon said, they are infected with the woke mind virus. Go woke go broke.

I still pay for it but I'm considering stopping supporting them and Disney plus too actually.
Oh you're "considering" stopping supporting them. Well well well, aren't you a man of principle?

Netflix is losing subscribers because of Competition, Recession, Inflation and the current state of the economy, but by all means keep latching onto over reactionary hysterical culture war BS. Because "TEH WOEK!!11!!" is definitely the largest threat to civilization and "the planet" right now. Uh huh.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Oh you're "considering" stopping supporting them. Well well well, aren't you a man of principle?

Netflix is losing subscribers because of Competition, Recession, Inflation and the current state of the economy, but by all means keep latching onto over reactionary hysterical culture war BS. Because "TEH WOEK!!11!!" is definitely the largest threat to civilization and "the planet" right now. Uh huh.

I think some people are conflating Netflix's lazy attitude toward cultivating good product with their simultaneous habit of courting what some would refer to as "woke". The former is their actual, real problem. The latter is just some unrelated side effect.

They still have shows like The Ranch and movies like The Gray Man. It's not like they're full tilt 100% half-shaven head, hair dyed blue, a guy as Fairy Godmother stuff.

Then we need to get into exactly what is "woke"? Individuals define it differently. Some people think casting a half Indian woman as Yennefer in The Witcher is some kind of progressive overreach, afterall.

Tangerine

What a pathetic way to virtue signal. Yes I was considering stopping supporting them. Is that alright? Well clearly not, silly question. I guess we should all just act right away without thinking first!? No I guess my thinking is wrong think. Disagree with you, you question my principals and straw man me. YOU question my principals though!? You don't know me. I never claimed wokeism was the biggest threat. What we are only allowed to be concerned with whatever the biggest threat is? Who put you in charge?

If you think that woke content and many consumers distain for it, isn't a factor in Netflix's earnings failings, you don't, in my opinion, realise the weight of the issue. You sound very frustrated. Maybe you'd feel safer on resetera, with no real diversity of thought allowed? Just a thought.

Rykan

What a pathetic way to virtue signal. Yes I was considering stopping supporting them. Is that alright? Well clearly not, silly question. I guess we should all just act right away without thinking first!? No I guess my thinking is wrong think. Disagree with you, you question my principals and straw man me. YOU question my principals though!? You don't know me. I never claimed wokeism was the biggest threat. What we are only allowed to be concerned with whatever the biggest threat is? Who put you in charge?

LOL you want to talk about Virtue signaling? You publically saying that you're "Considering stopping supporting" them is literally the very definition of virtue signalling. Perhaps the fact that even you, someone who is clearly "Very concerned" about this issue, is only just "thinking" about stopping should tell you that this isn't a big issue for most people.

I didn't "Straw Man" you at all. You're the one who made the comment that these companies are "spiraling the planet both culturally and morally". Don't try back paddle now.
If you think that woke content and many consumers distain for it, isn't a factor in Netflix's earnings failings, you don't, in my opinion, realise the weight of the issue. You sound very frustrated. Maybe you'd feel safer on resetera, with no real diversity of thought allowed? Just a thought.
Or perhaps you disproportionately weight this issue because you live in a cultural bubble that functions like an echo chamber? It's not like you don't even have a point. The overemphasis on representation and the implementation of it is an artistic concern that is worth debating. However, any point you might have had is completely overshadowed by your complete overexaggeration and hysterical reaction, making any discussion both pointless and impossible. Netflix having an increased focus on minority representation is not going to be the end of the world.

You know, it's funny. Do you have any idea how many times I've been told to "Go to Resetera"? Countless times. GAF members often pride themselves on "Diversity of thought" but the moment some people encounter a different opinion or are faced with pushback, they tell them to "Go to Resetera". You clearly don't value diversity of thought anywhere near as much as you seem to think you do.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
I canceled my subscriptions to Spotify, Netflix, game pass, Disney, PS+, DAZN, Shudder, and Prime is lit up long term.

I actually feel better about not seeing any of them leeching my bank account.

I sincerely suggest you all do the same for a few months. Take a vacation from being nickel and dimed to death via the modern internet. See what it does for you. Read some books. Sit on a beach. Spend your money on gifting GAF gold to retarded mutants.

Labadal

I'm not subbing to Netflix for games, but I also won't say now. I dowloaded Into the Breach on my phone, and it is good fun.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In total, Netflix has teased three new video games that are coming in October 2022 for mobile users.

More specifically, Netflix has revealed that Nailed It! Baking Bash, Spiritfarer, and Hello Kitty Happiness Parade are all set to join the subscription service in the near future. All three are notably listed as "Coming Soon" with no definite release dates announced, however. While some folks might be keen to play a video game adaptation of the popular Nailed It! series, Spiritfarer is definitely the headliner here as it was well received when it initially release for consoles and PC in 2020.

You can check out the full description of the three video games coming to Netflix in October 2022, straight from Netflix, below:

Nailed It! Baking Bash

• Description: "Calling all home bakers! Host a party for your pals to see who creates the best-looking – or worst-looking – cakes in this game based on the hit series."

Spiritfarer

• Description: "You're a ferrymaster to the great beyond. Build a boat to explore, then care for spirits before releasing them into the afterlife in this moving game."

Hello Kitty Happiness Parade

• Description: "Create a grand spectacle with Hello Kitty and friends. Make new allies and lean on your abilities to avoid traps that can rain on your parade!"
As noted above, Nailed It! Baking Bash, Spiritfarer, and Hello Kitty Happiness Parade are coming to Netflix in October 2022.

In total, Netflix has teased three new video games that are coming in October 2022 for mobile users.

More specifically, Netflix has revealed that Nailed It! Baking Bash, Spiritfarer, and Hello Kitty Happiness Parade are all set to join the subscription service in the near future. All three are notably listed as "Coming Soon" with no definite release dates announced, however. While some folks might be keen to play a video game adaptation of the popular Nailed It! series, Spiritfarer is definitely the headliner here as it was well received when it initially release for consoles and PC in 2020.

You can check out the full description of the three video games coming to Netflix in October 2022, straight from Netflix, below:

Nailed It! Baking Bash

• Description: "Calling all home bakers! Host a party for your pals to see who creates the best-looking – or worst-looking – cakes in this game based on the hit series."

Spiritfarer

• Description: "You're a ferrymaster to the great beyond. Build a boat to explore, then care for spirits before releasing them into the afterlife in this moving game."

Hello Kitty Happiness Parade

• Description: "Create a grand spectacle with Hello Kitty and friends. Make new allies and lean on your abilities to avoid traps that can rain on your parade!"
As noted above, Nailed It! Baking Bash, Spiritfarer, and Hello Kitty Happiness Parade are coming to Netflix in October 2022.
Spiritfarer is pretty good.

Top Bottom