• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Tomb Raider Casts Hayley Atwell as Lara Croft

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hayley Atwell recently returned to the Marvel Cinematic Universe by reprising the role of Peggy Carter for the animated series What If?, but it seems as if the actress is set to join another franchise that is far more well known within the world of video games. Set to take on the role of Lara Croft in an upcoming Tomb Raider series for Netflix, Atwell is definitely spreading her wings in the world of voice acting. Joining animated video game adaptations such as the wildly successful Castlevania, Croft seems like the obvious choice when it comes to bringing big-name video game characters to the small screen.

The update comes from Netflix itself as the site confirmed the British actress will be voicing Lara. Nothing else was said about the series in particular, but Tomb Raider is a big franchise with lots of lore. According to Netflix, this anime will be set after the events of Tomb Raider's reboot trilogy under Square Enix. The series will put Lara on a new hunt, and fans are thrilled to know Atwell will be joining along.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
6pdbr1r3cb331.jpg

I can see it.

TDiddyLive

Great choice… 20 years ago. She is amazing but way too old for the part.

Edit: never mind. Missed the anime part.

Last edited:

kunonabi

She would have been great pick for classic Lara. No real hope for an older reboot Lara being all that interesting.

Kupfer

Who the fuck watches dubbed anime anyway?
Or is it animated cartoon?

But I think she would make a great classic tomb raider lara croft for a real movie.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Someone needs to use a time machine and change this around to have a big breasted actress play in the movie and the flat chested actress play in the anime.

At first I was surprised that they chose someone who at least somewhat visually resembles Lara, but then I realized it's just the voice.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Obligatory Snoop gif.

Animated GIF

If it's only voice acting why didn't they just get Lara's current VA? I suppose this actress is popular enough to bring a bigger audience.
Wikipedia says she was in the Avengers films so her pay must have been high, I presume. (feel free to educate my caveman ass)

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Gold Member
I really like Hayley Atwell but what a shame it’s an anime.
Animes aren’t bad, but you could’ve picked anyone. She’d be great in live action.

killatopak

Gold Member
Can't say if her voice is distinct.

Might have watch a few of her works.

I only know her as the girl in captain america.

ZywyPL

Banned
Netflix really doesn’t know how to do anime, so I’ll pass hard on this.

Depends on the taste, I personally prefer stuff like Castlevania, Trese, Blood of Zeus, Witcher etc. which are very down to earth/believable, rather than original Japanese anime where the VA is over-exaggerated to absolutely retarded levels which totally kills the vibe for me.

Top Bottom