• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Tomb Raider Casts Hayley Atwell as Lara Croft

GHG

Gold Member
6pdbr1r3cb331.jpg

Ugh, not a fan of her look. Too sexy for a modern era. It's very distracting and not in a good way, she's not flattering for a modern audience.

Kuranghi

So with that Square Enix rumour/leak saying a potential new game would launch alongside this do we think thats a whole new AAA reboot or a smaller spin off game? I'd presume it means shes VOing that too? Maybe they'd use her likeness for the game, that would keep you guys fappin away. They could young-inize her a bit.

I'm kind of hoping for something more like Guardian of Light (Fuck Temple of Osiris, massive disappointment after GoL for me), overall I prefer GoL more than the 2013 reboot I think, the combat is so much more fun and getting a level long combo (ie never being hit) was so fun to attempt.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Atwell could have been an excellent live action Lara 10 years ago, but at 39 she's a bit too old now. It's a tremendously physical role. Looking forward to seeing how she is as her voice - although what the quality of the show will be like, given that it's Netflix anime is anyone's guess.

Saber

Gold Member
She looks great for an action live, too bad its just the voice.

At least I hope the anime is about a rich badass girl who explore tombs for the adrenaline, not a drama queen of feelings.

Ugh, not a fan of her look. Too sexy for a modern era. It's very distracting and not in a good way, she's not flattering for a modern audience.
If this was a game character especially for an Asian game, the meltdown on social media and online would be beyond epic.

Top Bottom