• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's "Q-Force" Teaser Trailer: "The first Queer Spy Division".....I don't think they thought this through...

CGiRanger

Banned

The comments are savaging it, and well, yeah. This almost feels like it has to be self-aware. I mean, with quotes such as:

"You can't pander to the gays, they can smell it."

How could it not be....right?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Morgan Freeman Wtf GIF

HarryKS

Netflix going a bit too far with that LGBTZXY stuff. There's just too much of it now, as if it's what people want.
If people wanted that type of content, they'd just sign up for specialized channels like OutTv.

CGiRanger

Banned
5 seconds into that trailer and already I want to straight up kill myself.

This is the second time in 24 hours I am legit annoyed some of my money helped to create an abomination.

Netflix, please stop.
I just am wondering who is in control of the purse strings at Netflix. Just how do all these godawful ideas keep getting approved? Who is approving all this? How does one look at the pitch/premise for these things and go "wow! I bet that'll be a big hit!", for real?

hemo memo

Gold Member
This Netflix gay push and shoving gay stuff into every show is turning people off at least in my region based on social media posts and people I meet in real life. It is so bad people I meet are seriously wondering if It is a requirement to greenlight the shows/seasons.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
What a fail.

If you want to make a show with gay characters, don't make them offensive gay stereotypes.

Looking at the backlash this trailer is getting, I wouldn't be surprised to see Netflix pull the plug on it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Looks like I cancelled netflix just in time.

Of course someone there is probably saying "We lost another one, just not enough 4 quadrant homogenized bland checklist material, we need more!"

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
This Netflix gay push and shoving gay stuff into every show is turning people off at least in my region based on social media posts and people I meet in real life. It is so bad people I meet are seriously wondering if It is a requirement to greenlight the shows/seasons.
It is.

BaneIsPain

I am not the target audience. If someone can enjoy brickle berry or big mouth, pretty sure there are fans of this show.

I use Netflix to watch asian dramas, "true crime" shows, weird movies, anime and Terrace House, and my children use it to watch cartoons when their YouTube time is over. My wife and I started watching Sweet Tooth and it's the most sanitized, by-the-numbers show ever. Netflix shows could be produced by an AI; just take an European or a lesser known American comic book, race-change a few characters and strip it of anything that makes it unique.

Last edited:

Amory

idk seems like it could be alright. not something i'd watch but the characters are clearly 'in on the joke'

netflix puts out so much garbage that this doesn't really stand out to me

Not something I would watch but not everything needs to be catered to my viewing pleasure
If only everyone had the attitude about everything…

Show looks horrendous, but so does like 90% of what Netflix puts out. Just goes to show how hard it is to actually create quality television.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's very rare I laugh out loud theses days to the crap they put otu
But this did it for me 😂
Sorry, I'm a bad person 😔😂

Last edited:

belmarduk

People whose delicate sensibilities have been so upset by the existence of a cartoon about gay spies can always switch to pureflix.

Last edited:
This seems like a self-aware, borderline satire kind of animated show in the veins of a number of great adult swim like shows.

I'll give it a watch, but sheesh, some of you guys are really jumping out of your seats really fast over this.

Not every thing that isn't attuned to what "life is supposed to be like" to you is some glorified pandering to an audience.

This looks like it shits on both audiences regardless of stance.

What a fail.

If you want to make a show with gay characters, don't make them offensive gay stereotypes.
I'm so glad people like you never existed decades ago.

Imagine all the amazing comedy shows, movies, stand up specials, if all of them hunkered themselves down and limit their jokes to what could be the least offensive.

Ridiculous.

oagboghi2

Seems like they're poking fun at themselves, and there really isn't that much TV out there that caters to gay people, so go for it. It's not for me but I hope others enjoy it.
Star Trek Lol GIF

This seems like a self-aware, borderline satire kind of animated show in the veins of a number of great adult swim like shows.

I'll give it a watch, but sheesh, some of you guys are really jumping out of your seats really fast over this.

Not every thing that isn't attuned to what "life is supposed to be like" to you is some glorified pandering to an audience.

This looks like it shits on both audiences regardless of stance.
Are you watching the same trailer we are?

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Is it so hard to just treat gay people like normal humans? They're not caricatures and they're not flawless either. Let's cut the horse shit. Nobody cares if you're a dude who likes sucking dicks at this point, but this pandering horse crap is obnoxious. Anything for these companies to make a buck.

I've had gay friends and coworkers, dated a couple bisexual women too. Have a lesbian aunt etc. They're all different people and it's so fucking insulting to keep insisting they all think alike.

Not treating people with respect is hella gay and I think even W Werewolfgrandma would agree with me there.

I hate this

GymWolf

I am not the target audience. If someone can enjoy brickle berry or big mouth, pretty sure there are fans of this show.
Brickleberry was shit and it was still 100x times better than this crap.
Is it so hard to just treat gay people like normal humans? They're not caricatures and they're not flawless either. Let's cut the horse shit. Nobody cares if you're a dude who likes sucking dicks at this point, but this pandering horse crap is obnoxious. Anything for these companies to make a buck.

I've had gay friends and coworkers, dated a couple bisexual women too. Have a lesbian aunt etc. They're all different people and it's so fucking insulting to keep insisting they all think alike.

Not treating people with respect is hella gay and I think even W Werewolfgrandma would agree with me there.

I hate this
The alphabet mob vocal minority got what they deserve.

They pushed the narrative that being gay is a major treat in someone characterization and now they are reaping the fruits of their work.

The fact that even reeeee hate this crap is sweet as hell, they wanted this.

Top Bottom