• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's "Q-Force" Teaser Trailer: "The first Queer Spy Division".....I don't think they thought this through...

Zeroing

Banned
Gabe Leidman and Sean Hayes are involved. They both seem gay to me.
*shrug*
I would just like to watch something meaningful that doesn’t go into stereotypes hence the joke about bussy *shrug*

In tv and cinema, gay characters were make mostly for laughts.

LMJ

That was hilarious for all the wrong reasons lol

How did they manage to make Xander (Drawn Together) an intentional completely offensive GAY STEREOTYPE seem tame lol

I'm dying here!

Do you want to know how you write a gay superhero I'll tell you, remember the recent Spiderman video game, yeah you just do that but with the same sex partner...

Mary Jane becomes Marty Johnson that's it lol

Not every single gay character needs to be portrayed like the most intense "queer eye for the straight guy" character...

DapperSloth

I am curious since the creator and most of the voice actors are gay, if they tried like making fun of themselves and/or the community, but it didn't go so well it seems.

CGiRanger

Banned
I am curious since the creator and most of the voice actors are gay, if they tried like making fun of themselves and/or the community, but it didn't go so well it seems.
Unfortunately the loud majorities in the community (who likely happen to be part of other "communities" online) are the very types who cannot even grasp the concept of laughing at oneself or self-deprecative humor. They're too easily offended.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Having a character's sexuality define them is such shoddy ass community college creative writing 101 tier garbo
Funny, for the last 6 years some people have been saying the exact opposite.
Thing is I've seen reactions to this and they all look so fake it's like a try not to laugh challenge.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I watched the first season, it was pretty good and it is pretty much self aware. The straight guy is my favourite character and for once the gays are far from being perfect. And there's no foreskin which was a big plus.

Heh heh, I see this dilemma on a board game forum I frequent. They want LGBT representation in games but since it's basically just art we are talking about how exactly do you have a gay (or straight or trans) character when the only thing you really know about them is how they look in card art? Maybe you get a little lore quote in there somewhere but unless the art is super gay or shows a guy literally fucking a woman you can just superimpose your personal sexual preference on the art virtually at will.

Seems so silly to me but some folk really get worked up over it to the tune of a round of golf claps whenever they can point to a card character that some tweet says is a gay character.

It reminds be of that "Rescue Me" show that had a fireman calendar photoshoot scene. One of the more naive guys was talked into putting a yellow handkerchief in his back pocket as a sort of gay dogwhistle.
Oh now that's hilarious, considering yellow means watersports.

Reactions: ebb

Ulysses 31

K7sd.gif

OZ9000

Banned
There is one key principle the LGBTABC crowd and the religious crowd have in common - trying to force themselves in every aspect of our fucking lives. Just stop it.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The comments are savaging it, and well, yeah. This almost feels like it has to be self-aware. I mean, with quotes such as:

"You can't pander to the gays, they can smell it."

How could it not be....right?

This is the issue here? Not the shit animation?

Top Bottom