• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ‘Lord of the Rings’ Movies in the Works at Warners, New Line

Oberstein

Rings of Power shows the weakness of Silmarillion era material WITHOUT full access to the actual Silmarillion. To give full benefit of doubt to the show creators, it's possible that most of the bizarre decisions they made were because they had to explicitly AVOID Silmarillion stuff even when intricately linked to the appendices info they did have rights to. Plus the decision to collapse it all into a single human lifetime. With those two constraints the end result was always gonna be dodgy.

Let's add the incompetent scriptwriters who swarm all over the streaming platforms.

Even if they would have the full rights to The Silmarillion, they would do something wrong with it.

I'll wait for the AI to improve, so we can have our own versions soon.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Let's add the incompetent scriptwriters who swarm all over the streaming platforms.

Even if they would have the full rights to The Silmarillion, they would do something wrong with it.

I'll wait for the AI to improve, so we can have our own versions soon.

Man, I loved these. Especially the Ringwraiths.

Top Bottom