• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bioshock titled 'Isolation' (UE5, Announcement expected Q1, 2022)

cormack12

Gold Member
Ay7TNt.jpg

Tommi84

Developed by who? Oh, well. Here we go... to shit again :messenger_sunglasses: Peppa will still be the best game. Lets hope those working with the MD and TR are the majority so the game is nice.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Seriously, good Gawd, I seriously hope not.

Maybe a bit more like the burial at see but not the main game, it's truly is awful for what was meant to be a BioShock game.
Well that said, w/o Ken Levine I don't have much faith in general. It'll just be weird. Regardless of story, each setting has a distinct feel and atmosphere that is hard to replicate.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

And the track record of this leaker is? I feel like that should always be disclosed before everyone posts what they want out of a new game

G-Bus

Banned
Enjoyed 1 and 2 and I didn't get too far in the 3rd one.

I think im equally excited for UE5 and this being a current gen only game.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Seriously, good Gawd, I seriously hope not.

Maybe a bit more like the burial at sea DLC, that was a bit better, but not the main game, it's truly is awful for what was meant to be a BioShock game.
just curious, you dislike 3 because of the gameplay or because it lacks horror element?

Paasei

Hmm, I think I have never actually finished part 2 for reasons I do not know/remember. Really liked the first and Infinite was cool, too.

If it's not gonna be made by Ken Levine's studio then it's just gonna be a poor man's imitation.

Speaking of which, I wonder what is that guy up to these days. They are still yet to announce whatever game they're working on and it's been years so what gives...

Yeah it’s like a MGS game without Kojima.

I don’t know Bioshock 2 was a good game and I don’t think Levine was involved. It didn’t have the “new” factor of the first game but I liked it more Gameplay wise than Infinite. I’m not too optimistic about this new one but I won’t write it off completely yet before even seeing anything on it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Im curious to see the difference between a 30fps and 60fps current gen UE5 exclusive.

I wonder if the visual upgrade that 30fps allowa will be worth sacrificing the silkiness of 60fps.

SnapShot

imagine this but in a new city and less fake scripted sequences, i'd be all over it, i loved infinite but can't help but wonder what it could have been if more of the pre-release stuff made it to the final game

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What do you think of the visual upgrade between tlou 1 & tlou 2 ?

Excellent.
Why? Do you think it will be a similer difference between a 30fps + 60fps on UE5 for current gen?
If so I disagree. 60fps games this gen like doom eternal, battlefield 1 etc compare very favourable to 30fps games like gears 4, uncharted 4, TLOU2 etc etc

Perrott

Gold Member
While the details discussed here all fake, a Q1 2022 announcement for the title sounds logical to me - especially given how it is said to be a PS5 timed exclusive of sorts.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I don't know guys, never quite understood whether i liked the Bioshocks or not, i mean, sure, the 1st one had a terrific atmosphere and setting but i don't think it played particularly well, i.e, it wasn't anything special gameplay-wise IMO.
The 2nd one was...more of the same (and felt more like a big expansion pack/DLC) while the 3rd one (infinite), well, from a pure gameplay perspective it was one of the most overhyped and mediocre "AAA" experiences back in the day full of scripted events, linearity and even more mediocre gameplay/shooting, i really felt bad spending 60 bucks on it at the end.

The Levine guy is - always in my honest opinion - overhyped.

These games - besides the atmosphere - need something else/extra, a (much) better and engaging A.I, more complex gameplay systems, less linearity and better shooting mechanics/feel.

Don't know how to feel about these news tbh, personally, i'm not expecting anything "special" since it'll be in the same (kinda boring and linear) fashion of the first 3, guess we'll haver to wait and see(?).

Last edited:

iorek21

Is it really necessary to revive this franchise? The original trilogy was already great enough and “complete”.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The original is one of my fav games of all time. Never played infinite. 2 was ok. Was hoping for a grand return to Rapture.

day 1 on UE5 though. Hopefully this is one of those real next gen showcases

sircaw

Banned
just curious, you dislike 3 because of the gameplay or because it lacks horror element?
I found the environments boring, too much open running and gunning, it's not meant to be some weird version of quake, The items or clothing RPG elements in the game did not fit at all well, i mean it felt like a really shitty bolt-on that they tried to squeeze in at the last minute to add some depth to the game.

Picking up silver, yawn, boring enemies, stupid skyhooks.

The tonics were rubbish, I mean why break an already fantastic system from games one and two. The experimentation with them was so bland i stopped using them all together halfway through the game.

The whole world to me was simply bland, Rapture was just so much more fun to explore and navigate.

I can not stress how disappointed I was with this game,

I don't have many gaming regrets but this game is top of them.

There were some positives, like nice art and finally uninstalling the game. :messenger_grinning:

Kev Kev

love love love the bioshock games (i need to replay bioshock 2 bc i was overhyped and got let down). bioshock in space would be aaaaamazing. put in VR and i will give you all my moneys

I don't know guys, never quite understood whether i liked the Bioshocks or not, i mean, sure, the 1st one had a terrific atmosphere and setting but i don't think it played particularly well, i.e, it wasn't anything special gameplay-wise IMO.
The 2nd one was...more of the same (and felt more like a big expansion pack/DLC) while the 3rd one (infinite), well, from a pure gameplay perspective it was one of the most overhyped and mediocre "AAA" experiences back in the day full of scripted events, linearity and even more mediocre gameplay/shooting, i really felt bad spending 60 bucks on it at the end.

The Levine guy is - always in my honest opinion - overhyped.

These games - besides the atmosphere - need something else/extra, a (much) better and engaging A.I, more complex gameplay systems, less linearity and better shooting mechanics/feel.

Don't know how to feel about these news tbh, personally, i'm not expecting anything "special" since it'll be in the same (kinda boring and linear) fashion of the first 3, guess we'll haver to wait and see(?).
sounds like bioshock games just arent your thing

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is it really necessary to revive this franchise? The original trilogy was already great enough and “complete”.

The "original trilogy" had a final game that was barely connected to the first two. Another game with a tangent that keeps the spirit of the games isn't a bad thing.

. . .I mean, fun games aren't a bad thing in general.

Top Bottom