• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crash Bandicoot Game May Be Announced At The Game Awards

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A package full of Crash Bandicoot goodies is seemingly being sent out to the gaming press, and as per the showcase of YouTuber Canadian Guy Eh, the box appears to be teasing a future announcement. It's portrayed as a pizza box, and at the bottom of the supposed bill, it reads "Hungry for more? Try our new Wumpa pizza for $12.08." Though it appears a random and unspecific statement on the surface, Canadian Guy Eh was quick to point out that this year's Game Awards are set to occur on December 8, the date of which matches the stated price of the 'Wumpa Pizza.'

This tease is what's getting the most attention; unsurprising, as it's slightly cryptic nature may be teasing a new project.

It's worth noting that there is currently only one source for this tease, that being Canadian Guy Eh. However, he showcased the box in detail and showed off all the merch, which included a Crash-themed t-shirt, charging case, and mouse-pad. All of them looked official, so the odds of this being staged are slim-to-none.

Kuranghi

Crash 4 was a let down, please be better. None of that fucking padding, having hundreds of levels and having to beat them all loads of times. I don't mind replaying levels for a time trial or to go back and get some boxes I missed, a secret gem route, death run route, etc but this was different from that, it felt like padding. Crash 1-3 had really hard parts but it wasn't like oh heres a 5 minute long gauntlet of nitro crates to bounce through, thats not fun thats just a chore.

The new design of crash was kinda shite too, just make him look more like he did before, it was great.

TheGecko

Banned
Crash Trilogy on ALL consoles had some weird effect that messed up the side scrolling parts. The entire level apart from crash would blur.... I've seen this on PS4, Xbox and Switch yet its not there on PC version. I actually noticed it before I'd tried the PC version and it gave me a headache.

It's still not fixed so they can go fuck themselves.

Jinzo Prime

A package full of Crash Bandicoot goodies is seemingly being sent out to the gaming press, and as per the showcase of YouTuber Canadian Guy Eh, the box appears to be teasing a future announcement. It's portrayed as a pizza box, and at the bottom of the supposed bill, it reads "Hungry for more? Try our new Wumpa pizza for $12.08." Though it appears a random and unspecific statement on the surface, Canadian Guy Eh was quick to point out that this year's Game Awards are set to occur on December 8, the date of which matches the stated price of the 'Wumpa Pizza.'

This tease is what's getting the most attention; unsurprising, as it's slightly cryptic nature may be teasing a new project.

It's worth noting that there is currently only one source for this tease, that being Canadian Guy Eh. However, he showcased the box in detail and showed off all the merch, which included a Crash-themed t-shirt, charging case, and mouse-pad. All of them looked official, so the odds of this being staged are slim-to-none.

Canadian Guy Eh gets invited to private play sections for the Crash/Spyro games and in return posts "rumors" and hypes up the series. He is like Jackfrags, but for Crash instead of Battlefield, so he is a good, but biased source.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
GIF by Originals

MagnesD3

They need to hire better level designers if a Crash 5 happens.
Id say its less that and more an understanding of understanding good 3d platformer collectable/completionist game design. Crash 4 has great levels but is terrible to 100% which is something that is really important to get right in a platformer especially when all Crash 1-3 do it well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom