• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Data Map shows the most preferred gaming system for each European country (No Russia)

bitbydeath

The data is not wrong, it's framed incorrectly by the OP. This is a map of most searched console on Google by country. People should make a habit of actually looking at the source material, that includes OP's.
Check This Out GIF

Doczu

Wait a fucking second. Poland is Switch country?
Guys, two generations ago Nintendo was practically non existent here. When did thst happen?

Oh and WTF Hungary bros? Xbox? Microsoft?
anakin skywalker GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I find Poland really surprising. I go to Poland a few times a year and I've never seen a big Nintendo presence. A few weeks ago I was in Empik (Polish entertainment store) and I didn't see a single Switch game. PS4/5, Xbox and PC games sure, but nothing for the Switch.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
PS5 in the poorest countries (plus Germany and Norway, I guess) where the thing has barely been available at all?
And XBox in the UK?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

EDIT: ah, this makes more sense. The countries with PS5 are those that can’t find one, of course.

The data is not wrong, it's framed incorrectly by the OP. This is a map of most searched console on Google by country. People should make a habit of actually looking at the source material, that includes OP's.

Last edited:
Everyone I know is who had a PS4 switched over to Series X this gen in the UK. I think it was partly down to the console being easier to buy than PS5 and because of the Bethesda acquisition.

Edit: Just to be clear, I’m only talking about a handful of people but I’m sure that there are other people out there who made similar choices based on the acquisition and Xbox consoles being easier to pick up.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Nintendo : for the player 🤣 always loved Nintendo, I always get those machines next to my regular Xbox consoles .

DavidGzz

Didn't the 360 win in the UK? I think it makes sense, XSX is 360 2. Especially next year.

Last edited:
There will not be many gaming consoles at all in Russia for the foreseeable future. Sure, some of them can import privately (quite expensively I assume), and run it via vpn, but the performance will be crap.

rofif

Banned
Poland and switch ?! WHAT ?!
I dont know a single person in switch. I've never even seen it in person.

Must be kids power

Zathalus

ITT: console X cannot possibly be the best in country Y as I have personally never seen them and can thus speak for tens of millions of other people.

Three

wait Xbox is the num 1 preferred in UK?
thats very weird cause i thought UK is like a very huge market for Playstation? while the US is actually almost 50/50 between Playstation and Xbox?
These are number of searches despite OP not making that clear in the title. These are not sales. We know that the PS5 is leading in sales in the UK.

Mozza

This is bs, and not accurate at all. I dont know anyone who plays switch in my country or hell any eastern europe. We're all PS or PC. No way this list is legit.
So by the same token I do not know anyone who owns a Playstation, so to small of a pool to take any notice of from either side.

Last edited:
This kind of assumes that the audience for both systems are the same and while I'm sure there is some overlap, a purchase of the Switch is not necessarily at the expense of a purchase of the PS5.

No it doesn't. I even brought up as a handheld the Switch doesn't have competition. For Sony to gain more ground on this map, raising the price isn't going to help.

wait Xbox is the num 1 preferred in UK?
thats very weird cause i thought UK is like a very huge market for Playstation? while the US is actually almost 50/50 between Playstation and Xbox?

?

360 beat the PS3 badly in the Uk

Xbox One was only a few million behind PS4 despite all the issues.

Xbox Series is selling better there than both than both 360 and Xbox One currently. X and P5 are constrained, S is more available.

Makes sense to me why there would be higher interest in Xbox in the Uk right now. Unless you're talking about sales, the map isn't about sales, it's about preferred interest per country that's trending.

Rossco EZ

No it doesn't. I even brought up as a handheld the Switch doesn't have competition. For Sony to gain more ground on this map, raising the price isn't going to help.

?

360 beat the PS3 badly in the Uk

Xbox One was only a few million behind PS4 despite all the issues.

Xbox Series is selling better there than both than both 360 and Xbox One currently. X and P5 are constrained, S is more available.

Makes sense to me why there would be higher interest in Xbox in the Uk right now. Unless you're talking about sales, the map isn't about sales, it's about preferred interest per country that's trending.
nvm

Last edited:
First off, whoever made this map sucks at geography. They put Switzerland under Poland. That is thr Czech Republic, and Switzerland is to the left of Austria. Can't believe someone published this. Makes me think the whole thing is full of bs.

Rykan

If it's not the same audience, then there is no ground being lost here. You can't say that Sony needs to "prevent" losing more ground to Switch while also saying that they aren't targetting the same audience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom