• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny 2 Survey Asks About the Addition of Space Combat, Offline Progression, Single-Player Content, and More

SnapShot

Bungie has recently sent out a closed survey to some players. The survey asks about adding potential features to Destiny 2, including Space Combat, Third-Person Combat, Offline Progression, Single Player Content, and a Prestige System.

destiny-2-survey-space-battles-offline-progression-single-player-content.jpg

One of the questions asked in the survey was what new features players would like to see added to Destiny 2 in the future. The question featured a bunch of options to choose from, including Competitive leaderboards, Third-person combat, more open-world maps, and more.

You can check out the complete list of options below. (thanks, Ecothedragon37)

Wooxsvan

none. i want all new combat systems. more abilities, less bullet sponge fights w/ immune phases. mass open worlds w/ towns and quests and stories in each. basically a different game that i thought destiny woulda been

They should just re-release the destiny 1 campaign for solo play.

Destiny 2 is so fucking confusing. After I got to the tower I had no idea what to do because it's a shitty live service game and you can go in any direction and just fuck off.

Wooxsvan

Or other settings like deadzone adjustment. Honestly feels like a game made for people who can’t play shooters on a controller.

Destiny 3 would be good if Sony poured huge cash into it like Activision did with Forsaken.
It would be a nice surprise if that one of the reasons bungie was interested in being acquired again was for a huge investment in order to reset the game.
Marathon's concept just puts me to sleep though. I want a meaty MMO PVE experience

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I would find it extremely hilarious and awesome if years later they do a full on single player campaign expansion.

I would buy it!

Last edited:

skneogaf

They should end destiny 2 and release a F2P destiny game that has all of destiny 1 and 2 in it that we can transfer what we already bought and go from there with dlc.

Dthomp

lol, a closed survey? You really want varying opinions don't ya Bungo?

They could remake Destiny 1 AND add mantling and 60FPS and it is immediately a better put together game then Destiny 2.

Reboot that game with those additions, go back to YEARLY big DLCs based around story and take some of that 3.6 billion for a SMALL team to do a once a year mini season meant to cover months 3-6 after the big DLCs with mini story beats to set up the next DLC.

Go back to the D1 focus on leveling with the top numbers being locked behind Raids again, and ditch the stupid token system that made many people just not bother. Focus on the core pillars of the game: (Strikes lead to Nightfalls), (Casual PVP Mode leads to IB leads to Trials) (Story being great leading you into Raids)

But in all honestly, this survey is "What do we need to put into our future dud Marathon to get you to play that instead?"

Last edited:

Dynasty8

They could remake Destiny 1 AND add mantling and 60FPS and it is immediately a better put together game then Destiny 2.

Reboot that game with those additions, go back to YEARLY big DLCs based around story and take some of that 3.6 billion for a SMALL team to do a once a year mini season meant to cover months 3-6 after the big DLCs with mini story beats to set up the next DLC.

Go back to the D1 focus on leveling with the top numbers being locked behind Raids again, and ditch the stupid token system that made many people just not bother. Focus on the core pillars of the game: (Strikes>Nightfalls), (Casual PVP Mode>IB>Trials) (Story being great>Raids)

But in all honestly, this survey is "What do we need to put into our future dud Marathon to get you to play that instead?"

Jesus Christ...thank God you're not in charge of Bungie.

unlurkified

Go back to the D1 focus on leveling with the top numbers being locked behind Raids again, and ditch the stupid token system that made many people just not bother. Focus on the core pillars of the game: (Strikes lead to Nightfalls), (Casual PVP Mode leads to IB leads to Trials) (Story being great leading you into Raids)

Some good ideas. I think raids just need to be made a tad easier and have the power cap from them again like it was in D1. Trying to get through Vow of the Disciple with three other randoms is what led to my two friends and I quitting. You shouldn’t have to spend 30 minutes explaining the mechanics of a raid to first-timers every time.

Also, they’re obviously banking on Marathon being a hit but I don’t think they can capture lightning in a bottle a second time. The game looks a lot like trend-chasing.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

I just want Destiny 3.
Stop changing the same game over and over and over. I am not coming back to see the changes
I don't understand why Bungie would shoot themselves in the foot by making Destiny 3 and do a player reset. It's not going to happen.
If Guild Wars survives in his old engine, Destiny looks beautiful and functional enough to last them another 5 years.

Fuck you Bungie. Give me back the content you vaulted then I wont feel like you fucked us over. That's the first step for me to want to even consider listening to you.

I've never seen a dev aa slimy and full of shit as Bungie with D2. Maybe 343 comes close.

Darchaos

Im back playing Destiny 1 with my lvl 40 and 400 light warlock. And its a so much better setting, gritty and dark and you can feel the sense of mysteries all around. And im surprised how many players i see in the tower and out in the world, it actually feels alive. This and 60fps and a fov meter, and Destiny 2 would be dead, and that is why bungie wont do it.

Its noticeble that bungie still loved Destiny there and then, not just money. It is a bit scarry though to open Eververse and know what the future will bring.
Ofcourse D2 has better qol, but thats not all a game needs.

Oh man, why did you have to go and do Destiny this dirty Bungie? It was something special and i will always love this world.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Or other settings like deadzone adjustment. Honestly feels like a game made for people who can’t play shooters on a controller.
You don't need precise and tight controls when you can just amp up aim-assist to the max. Destiny feels like a 20 year old Halo game - and we've come a long way since. Even CoD added dynamic and deadzone sliders in the options menu.

FUBARx89

After the state of game on Thursday telling their community to fuck off, they don't have the manpower to do new pvp maps, make one new set of armour (despite all the everest shit they make) & reskin it across ritual vendors & gave up with gambit and essentially killed it, they can fuck themselves.

Anyone thinking they'll implement any significant new gameplay systems need to give their head a shake. They've blatantly not got the staff due to Marathon and readily admitted it in the state of game.

They wanna hope Marathon works out (which I have doubt it will, at least immediately) cause all their eggs seem to be in a single basket.

Last edited:

the_master

I don't understand why Bungie would shoot themselves in the foot by making Destiny 3 and do a player reset. It's not going to happen.
If Guild Wars survives in his old engine, Destiny looks beautiful and functional enough to last them another 5 years.
That is what I want, a new and fresh Destiny. They clearly didn't want to. Alternatively, I'd like to be able to access all single player episodes and strikes there have been.

Destiny 2 is too much for them to manage, and they're running out of Destiny 1 content to recycle. They have to make a Destiny 3, nice and barebones, then they'll bring back Destiny 2 content as 'new' content.

Top Bottom