• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Details on FFVII Remake and Crisis Core Reunion Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
FXEN2rMX0AEA_1p

• Fully voiced & newly arranged OST
  • New gameplay changes (linkeable attacks, always accessible Limit Breaks)
  • Running on UE4, with PC aiming for 120 FPS and PS5 & XSX/S going for 60 FPS.
  • Crisis core will be 'Very" Faithful to the original.l
  • No plans to remake Dirge Of Cerberus & Before Crisis as of right now
  • Nomura still considers VII games to be connected
  • The team wasn't sure whether the Remake project would be 2 or 3 games
  • Crisis Core Reunion producer Mariko Sato assures that the text about Sephiroth's hair care routine is still in the remaster.
  • All 3D character models, as well as UI and background graphics have been completely remade for this new edition of the game.
  • The user interface (UI) has also been optimized for the latest hardware generations and various skip features have been added for an even more enjoyable and convenient gameplay experience.
  • Many background music tracks have been given new arrangements by the original composer Takeharu Ishimoto.
  • What’s more, full voice-over has been added to scenes that were previously text-only, so you can now enjoy the entire story fully voiced.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
FXEN2rMX0AEA_1p

• Fully voiced & newly arranged OST
  • New gameplay changes (linkeable attacks, always accessible Limit Breaks)
  • Running on UE4, with PC aiming for 120 FPS and PS5 & XSX/S going for 60 FPS.
  • Crisis core will be 'Very" Faithful to the original.l
  • No plans to remake Dirge Of Cerberus & Before Crisis as of right now
  • Nomura still considers VII games to be connected
  • The team wasn't sure whether the Remake project would be 2 or 3 games
  • Crisis Core Reunion producer Mariko Sato assures that the text about Sephiroth's hair care routine is still in the remaster.
If the games are connected then we can assume there will be no “zack is alive” in rebirth.

Synless

Feels to me that since FF7:R ran at a perfect 60fps on ps5 that FF7:Re should have zero issues running at 120fps on ps5.

Larxia

If the games are connected then we can assume there will be no “zack is alive” in rebirth.
I don't really see why since FF VII Remake already proved otherwise and that mostly anything can happen.
It's probably just a Zack from a different timeline where things happened differently given what the game is doing

fart town usa

Gold Member
Probably Gackt related licensing issues ?

This is it. The cost of Gackt wouldn't make sense. The original deal was very strict and didn't cover digital releases and spending more on what would have been a smaller market(at the time) just wouldn't work.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Ha, appreciate it. That was always so frustrating prior to the PSPgo being able to be soft-modded. I'd be sitting there looking at the PSN store saying, "I don't effing want Dissidia! I want Crisis Core and the FF remakes!" :messenger_grinning_sweat:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I like everything except for the additional voice-over. Most JRPG dialog is a) bad, and b) goes on for twice as long as it needs to. Voice over just makes those issues 10x worse.

Wish they’d take a cue from Xenoblade series and realize it’s totally okay to have text dialog.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I like everything except for the additional voice-over. Most JRPG dialog is a) bad, and b) goes on for twice as long as it needs to. Voice over just makes those issues 10x worse.

Wish they’d take a cue from Xenoblade series and realize it’s totally okay to have text dialog.
If they get the script dialed in and good voice actors, the story could be something really special. Crisis Core really tugs at the heart strings at times and I say that as someone who usually rolls their eyes at JRPG/Anime stories, ha.

I hear you though, bad VA can really drag a game down.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
If they get the script dialed in and good voice actors, the story could be something really special. Crisis Core really tugs at the heart strings at times and I say that as someone who usually rolls their eyes at JRPG/Anime stories, ha.

I hear you though, bad VA can really drag a game down.
Oh yeah I think they will have some great voice actors! We’ve come a long way from the 90s when they’d apparently just get some interns to do the VA, lol

I was more concerned about the quality of the writing. JRPG dialog can be really melodramatic and long-winded. Then even with the most talented voice actors, the VA just brings more attention to the poor writing instead of increasing the immersion.

fart town usa

Gold Member
How about a spoiler tag next time buddy? There are people who have not played the game, including me.
I hear ya but to be fair, these are things that we knew before Crisis Core was even an idea. The original FF7 went over Zack, Crisis Core just shows his story and the events leading up to FF7.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I hear ya but to be fair, these are things that we knew before Crisis Core was even an idea. The original FF7 went over Zack, Crisis Core just shows his story and the events leading up to FF7.
I get that, but it’s still a spoiler and needs a spoiler tag regardless. There are also people who have not played 7 believe it or not, especially some of the younger gamers on the forum. Not me, I’ve definitely played that though lol

I get that, but it’s still a spoiler and needs a spoiler tag regardless. There are also people who have not played 7 believe it or not, especially some of the younger gamers on the forum. Not me, I’ve definitely played that though lol
So you're complaining about spoilers for a 25 year old game that you've already played.

Top Bottom