• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New details on Resident Evil 4 Remake

Would be cool if it had a first-person option.
Maybe I'm not being open-minded, but that has really proven to be a very either/or design choice. The two views do so much, so differently that the entire game has to be designed around a specific one. Having the option to switch would almost mean they would have to have two entirely different design documents that can change between each other on the fly at any moment. I'm sure someone will drop a game that does both, but I'd be interested to see if it actually does both well.

Last edited:

Edder1

If it's RE4 then it's probably cross gen if it's already being announced, this was one of my fears. Cross gen is killing me, slowly.

Last edited:
If it's RE4 then it's probably cross gen if it's already being announced, this was one of my fears. Cross gen is killing me, slowly.

Unfortunately, it's halfway through February of 2022 and it's still damned hard to get a PS5(XSX too, but not as bad?).

It's also tax refund season and I know from my GameStop employment days, during that time you can't find *any* system, doesn't matter what. They buy it all.

Couple it with ongoing Covid issues, supply chains, a massive install base, etc..

I forsee it being around a while, probably well over another year.

On topic---I hope this is done right. Additional content, I'm for. Cut content? No. I don't want another half-assed RE3 situation.

This is one of those games that I didn't think ever needed a remake, but here we are.

ToxicWeeb

Banned
  • The village scene & a "decent portion of the game" take place at night now

This is stupid because one of the coolest things about the village is the day-night cycle. You arrive during the day and when things are getting weirder and more dangerous it turns to night. It's a nice contrast. It's a nice horror trope too, "oh shit it's getting dark and I'm stuck in this place". Also having one part during the day makes us see the village better.

This change shows they are trying to make thing as spooky as possible, which is kinda lame.

Top Bottom