• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dev Update For Witchfire (Dark Fantasy FPS)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The first-person, dark fantasy shooter finally give some news

Sans_titre.png

Adrian Chmielarz, co-founder of The Astronauts, provided an update on a testing phase they recently completed.
Don't get your hopes up, he says they're not nearing the end of development at all. But, as every DevOps enthusiast knows, testing early help find what can be wrong, and therefore avoid propagating problems too far into the project which would be very expensive to fix.
In this case, besides the bugs, inevitable at this stage of development, their questions were mainly on the difficulty of the game and the obvious elements for the developers, but completely obscure to people outside the project.

gX5KNeb.gif

On the difficulty side, their goal is to have a rather high challenge. Let’s not forget that they themselves refer to Witchfire as "Dark Souls of shooters".
But they are well aware that they cannot be objective on this point, as they have been working on the game every day for the past few years.
The tests therefore allow them to adjust the difficulty and reveal elements that break the game or bypass mechanics desired by the development team. In this regard, he indicates that there will be several ways to play, without going into detail.

PdE1nfP.gif

Finally, we learn about the composition of the team: two designers, four graphic designers and three developers. Animation and music are outsourced.
On the publishing side, they would like to do it themselves, as with their previous title, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but they are not sure yet.

vTSrDQE.gif

Witchfire still does not have a release date. You can find the full article on their blog.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I remember thinking it looked great too when I first saw it. I really hope they hold their ground on difficulty. We need games that reward overcoming difficulty through skill and patience rather than reward you for existing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom