• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DualSense colors revealed; Cosmic Red and Midnight Black

That all black is super sexy. Way better than the normal white one.

Red isn't great, but the regular white one neither.
The black one is the way to go.

A black PS5 might also look good and not like shit. Hope they release one soon

Soodanim

That black looks fire! Why didnt they just release the console in black Ill never know.
Good or bad, it stands out.

Then they will sell different faceplates, so that's an additional revenue source and happy consumers.

Watch for the limited/deluxe/pre-order edition bonuses that come with faceplates when these production issues are a thing of the past.

It's about fucking time.
Will be picking up one of each.
Now, where the hell are the black and red consoles to match?
Are we going to have to wait for the 6nm "slim" refresh to get a damn black one?

Esca

Both look nice but I have two controllers atm. I'm holding out for an purple one like the ds4 or something else that really catches my eye

Kuranghi

Damn I literally just sent one of my Dualsenses in for repair, I should've coloured it in with a black marker to trick them into sending me a black one back.

NickFire

Son of a nerf herder, I would have waited to buy my second had they announced these just a little bit sooner. That red looks sweet.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Now i just need to wait for a "Cosmic Red PS 5" and iam finally able to buy a PS 5 or at least a black one

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I might hold out for a camo dualsense as I loved my DS4.

CBd4Mqd.jpg

K' Dash

Page me when they reveal a controller with proper stick placement and a battery that lasts more than half an hour.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
you made this image lol. google doesnt show that when you google magenta
Even then the image taken is at a moment when the light was glaring off the controller. That's like holding up a black controller close to a light and showing how it looks gray.

LMJ

They can put out as many color variations as they can imagine, but it's not fucking news at all.

it is new game related info, by its very definition it is news lol

• INFORMAL
    information not previously known to someone.
    "this was hardly news to her"
  • a person or thing considered interesting enough to be reported in the news.
    "Chanel became the hottest news in fashion"

As nice as the new colors are, i'm more excited for the increased mutli-level support of the Dual Sense and it's capabilities...Many were afraid it would just be ignored as the generation went on (like the PS4 pad IE)

TheContact

Love the colors since I wasn’t a fan of the all white. Time for the consoles to follow suit. I still wonder why they don’t just offer more colors. Are the logistics really that difficult or is it another reason?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My favorite color is black, but I have never owned a red controller before. I went with the Cosmic Red. I’ve owned grey transparent controllers before, green tinted 3rd party, and your standard black, white, and grey. I would do an Anniversary controller again. The DualShock 4 20th Anniversary edition is probably my all time favorite.

How nice would these choice of colours be.

Fkhhj68.jpg

Make your own! The Dualsense is really easy to take apart and swap parts on, I bought joycon shells from this seller and the fit/finish was actually batter than the factory joycon shells. You can get buttons, stick hats, triggers and shells including the "bra" piece around the sticks.

At this rate, by the time I can get my hands on a PS5, there'll be a black, or white, Dualsense with color face buttons available.

[Sigma]

Im gonna go for the red here for now. I'll get the black later(may be sooner because I feel like im already wearing out the DualSense playing Returnal and Battlefield 4 lol). They still look too safe color wise though for my taste, Colorware has the best options in colors but I don't want to spend that much money on a controller that isn't a pro controller of sort but i understand they got to make money somehow.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Make your own! The Dualsense is really easy to take apart and swap parts on, I bought joycon shells from this seller and the fit/finish was actually batter than the factory joycon shells. You can get buttons, stick hats, triggers and shells including the "bra" piece around the sticks.

Good idea unless you don't want to void your warranty!

Top Bottom