• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dying Light 2 update adds VRR and Balanced Mode on PS5 and FSR 2.0 for all platforms

MaKTaiL

IVu2CFF.jpg

New options:
Added a new Color Grading option in Video settings. Try “Gritty” to make your game look similar to the 2019 gameplay presentations.
Added possibility to toggle Chromatic Aberration (on/off) in Video settings.

Changes to Infected:
More Biters are now roaming the The City.
Biters are now more aggressive at night.
Virals are now much more vigilant and will leave their hideouts more eagerly if they hear a fight nearby.
From now on enemies without any items are not lootable. No more empty loot!
You will encounter more Special Infected at night.
Be wary of Dark Hollows and Forsaken Stores during the day – encounters there can be quite VOLATILE.

General improvements:
Various graphical improvements, including new screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) implementation.
Various image clarity improvements, including new temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) implementation and improved texture filtering.
Added ability to quickly reconnect to disconnected sessions in co-op.
Weapon mods can now increase weapons’ maximum durability.
Added a new option in the Extras menu – check how far you’ve traveled in game. Especially useful for the Ultramarathon achievement!

PlayStation 5 improvements:
Added Balanced Mode – 1296p at 60 FPS, upscaled to 4K using FSR.
Added Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support for “Performance Mode” – up to 120 FPS.
Both Performance Mode and Quality Mode output image upscaled to 4K using FSR.
Resolution Mode works in native 4K/30 FPS.

Xbox Series X improvements:
Increased resolution for Balanced Mode to 1404p at 60 FPS, upscaled to 4K using FSR.
Both Performance Mode and Quality Mode output image upscaled to 4K using FSR.
Resolution Mode works in native 4K/30 FPS.

Xbox Series S improvements:
Quality mode outputs an upscaled 4K image using FSR.

Last-gen improvements:
PlayStation 4 Pro outputs an upscaled 4K image using FSR.
Improved effects quality on Xbox One X. Console outputs 1200p image, upscaled to 4K using FSR.

PC improvements:
Added AMD FSR 2.0 support.
Improved management of GPU memory in DirectX 12 mode, especially when Ray-Tracing is enabled.
Ability to toggle DualShocks’ Adaptive Triggers in Accessibility settings.
Improved support for wide-screen resolutions.
Added new graphical option for particle effects – Medium.

Did they ever add cross-gen? Can PS4 and PS5 actually play co-op together yet? Or Xbox One and Series X, for that matter? All these features added, and I'm pretty sure I still can't play with my friends.

Hugare

Wow, what a huge patch

Excited to see how FSR 2.0 looks on the PS5 version

Techland is the best in terms of support

winjer

Gold Member
Strange that they specify FSR 2.0 on PC.
But for consoles just mention FSR. Is it using FSR 1.0 on consoles?

Hugare

Game looks better on PS5, but it sucks that the new Balance Mode isnt Quality Mode (Ray Tracing) at 60 fps

Instead, it's Resolution Mode at 60 fps (aiming for 4K upscaled)

Especially now with FSR, an option with full ray tracing (including GI) at 1080p upscaled with FSR would be awesome.

Just like in Metro Exodus and Cyberpunk, RT makes a lot of difference in this game, so I would rather play at a lower resolution with all the RT features

Not that great of an update for ps5. The balanced mode looks better than 1080p did at least but it's far from being impressive graphically. Meanwhile, they made the resolution and quality modes look worse and feel like ass. I uses to play the resolution mode because it looked beautiful and was a decently smooth 30 fps. Not anymore. Don't know what happened. I think if they had gotten 1440p on ps5 like the sx I would've been content with that. 1296p is meh. Why couldn't the consoles have gotten FSR? That woulda been the solution.

What the hell, that looks like fortnite.

also no zombies on street.

im really looking forward to dead island 2.
Blue skies and green grass? Not in my zombie game!

Seriously though, it's all part of the lore. Zombies mostly sleep inside buildings in the daytime, and are on the streets at night. Because of this, buildings are safer at night, and the streets are safer in the daytime. There are some on the streets by day and in buildings at night, just not as many.

People also have to do a lot of gardening to have food to survive, and they generally do so on rooftops, where it's harder for zombies to reach.

It's a good game, but as mentioned above, it sucks there's still no cross-gen play. Dead Island 2 looks good as well, though, and it seems like it will offer some fairly different gameplay.

Hugare

Pls explain..genuinely curious.
I used to play it on Performance Mode, and it was 1080p. The new Balance Mode runs it at a higher resolution but keeping the 60 fps cap, so it looks noticeable sharper.

They also improved their TAA sollution, so that probably also helped image quality considerably.

They also implemented some new color profiles that makes the game look less vibrant and more alike the E3 reveal presentation.

I used to play it on Performance Mode, and it was 1080p. The new Balance Mode runs it at a higher resolution but keeping the 60 fps cap, so it looks noticeable sharper.

They also improved their TAA sollution, so that probably also helped image quality considerably.

They also implemented some new color profiles that makes the game look less vibrant and more alike the E3 reveal presentation.
I was getting tons of frame drops on performance mode. Haven’t noticed any with the new update.

Hugare

I was getting tons of frame drops on performance mode. Haven’t noticed any with the new update.
Probably due to FSR helping with some extra frames + some engine optimizations

Good, because this is one of those games that the 30 FPS option seems slooow compared to others

I'm playing on PC at 40 FPS, and its already a huge improvement over 30

MaKTaiL

Have read it, what am i missing?
No where does it mention FSR 2.0 for consoles.
Your question was for FSR, not FSR 2.0. In that case, you are right, it does not mention FSR 2.0 but it does mention FSR for consoles (it does not state which version though).

Top Bottom