• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster Potentially Leaked

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new Final Fantasy game has been potentially leaked. The leak comes the way of retailer Instant Gaming, which, at the moment of publishing claims "Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster" is in development. Accompanying the listing is the box art for the game and a 2023 release window. And that's the extent of details in the listing, other than word that the game is being developed and published by Square Enix, suggesting it is an internal project.

At the moment of publishing, it's unclear if this is a placeholder or speculation by the retailer. Sometimes retailers, especially of the smaller variety, will post listings for rumored games to have the listing ready for when an announcement is made or to simply attract attention. In other words, take the listing and everything it claims with a grain of salt.

Metnut

2023? It really takes years to remaster an old PSX game?

We’ll see how Triangle Strategy turns out first. Could be a revival for the genre of Triangle and FFT remaster do well. Baldur’s Gate 3 is quite different but does share a lot in common combat to FFT.

SpiceRacz

day-one-stella-rae.gif

ethomaz

Banned
I should love a remake instead remaster.

I just have two wishes.

- Cut off the fucking grind.
- Rework the stages that completely block you from progressing and force you to restart the whole game.

The rest can stay as it is now.
What stage is that?
About the grind if you are trying to level up all classes to one single character sure but if not there is no grind… at least I don’t remember… it was very smooth and progressive play.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I hope they don't fuck with the art, the sprite style was perfect and meshed great with the 3D backgrounds.

Also if they mess up the sound effects it won't even feel like the same game, some of them like the sound when a character is grabbing another in a cut scene are ingrained in my brain.
All i would want is for them to make refreshing job hires until you find the right starsign quicker

What stage is that?
About the grind if you are trying to level up all classes to one single character sure but if not there is no grind… at least I don’t remember… it was very smooth and progressive play.
Probably means Wiegraf, which is fair, but at the same time videogame general rule of thumb is that if the game is asking you to save at a time that is not when you normally save, you should probably save it in a second file.

Graciaus

All I ask is a pc release so people can make more mods. The rom hacking community has made some crazy stuff. The base game is fine but I could never go back to it.

SilentUser

I will be cautious with this remaster as the original game remains as one of the greatest titles I've ever played. Still love that art style, even the blocky scenarios (perhaps nostalgia is playing a big role here lol), the soundtrack, story and the job system.

A top 3 Final Fantasy, no cap. Them making this game for a 3rd time leaves me curious as to why they don’t just make a proper sequel or remake it though

Madflavor

We've been loooong overdue for a PC Port of FFT. I'm stoked for this.
Didn't we already get this with War of the Lions? I'd rather have a true sequel

I wouldn't want a sequel without Matsuno. When you don't have Matsuno, you get Tactics Advance 1&2. Neither are "bad" games, but don't begin to hold a candle to FFT.

V4skunk

Banned
I just have two wishes.

- Rework the stages that completely block you from progressing and force you to restart the whole game.

FFT has no grind until you start to abuse the brave/faith mechanism to max it out.

Naked Lunch

No remaster needed.
Just port the PSP game to modern consoles.
Easily one of the best games ever made.

I just have two wishes.

I see some posters giving you crap - but FFT definitely has some early stages and boss fights where if you dont level up at least a little - they're impossible to clear. The game takes a bit to learn the mechanics and job switching and such - where the first time playing without having this knowledge you could be building incorrectly or in-efficiently. I had to restart like twice back in the 90s my first playthrus.

Barakov

Gold Member

A new Final Fantasy game has been potentially leaked. The leak comes the way of retailer Instant Gaming, which, at the moment of publishing claims "Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster" is in development. Accompanying the listing is the box art for the game and a 2023 release window. And that's the extent of details in the listing, other than word that the game is being developed and published by Square Enix, suggesting it is an internal project.

At the moment of publishing, it's unclear if this is a placeholder or speculation by the retailer. Sometimes retailers, especially of the smaller variety, will post listings for rumored games to have the listing ready for when an announcement is made or to simply attract attention. In other words, take the listing and everything it claims with a grain of salt.
Oh ye--
Instant Gaming ?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

LOOK GUYS HALF LIFE III IS HAPPENING !!!!! RELEASING IN 2022 !!!!!
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I hope it's true.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Ninja, double attack, win.

I played this game a ton. At first it felt impossible, I scraped by during the first chapters. But when it clicked and I made some builds it was easy mode. But loved every second of it. FFT has perhaps the best story in the franchise. Its part of Ivalice. Its insta good.

Shifty1897

What stage is that?
The game was and is still difficult and grindy. Some difficulty spikes in particular are just fiendish. The first one I can remember was like the fifth mission in the game when you start at the bottom of a hill that is full of enemy archers. If you hadn't spec'd your team a certain way, you'd have to grind for three hours to unlock classes and abilities strong enough to counter them. Also random encounters level scale, which means they're more difficult than the story missions if you stop and grind too many times.

Top Bottom