• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forum Avatar Request Thread

Kadayi

Banned
Mista Mista
Take all the time you need mate. Thank you!

P7p19kA.png

IYbyIfw.png

OJEzREN.png

mfOa4Ai.png

L85yU2B.png

voY1caB.png

Sorry to ask for yet another avatar edit, but can someone take my avatar and remove the background and make it transparent? I was inspired to have it done by Mista. If you need a full size image I can post it when I get home in like 30 minutes or so.

Here is the full image: https://funkyimg.com/i/31Xvf.jpeg

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Sorry to ask for yet another avatar edit, but can someone take my avatar and remove the background and make it transparent? I was inspired to have it done by Mista. If you need a full size image I can post it when I get home in like 30 minutes or so.

Here is the full image: https://funkyimg.com/i/31Xvf.jpeg

JiJ7ixv.png

BUgoDmF.png

The original is a bit low Rez (barely larger than Avatar size). If you can find a better quality version with a bit more context I can probably do a better job as the aliasing on low res images sucks donkey balls. Plus it would be nice to get the cat mask in as well on the Avatar.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I found a full size image for the water pillar image as well as a fire pillar alternate image as well, but I don’t know if that can be edited quite as easily. I think they were originally pngs, but I had to save them as jpegs to upload them. If you need me to link you to them, I can, but they are on a Facebook page. Anyways, here are the full sized jpegs: https://funkyimg.com/i/31ZcK.jpeg and https://funkyimg.com/i/31ZcS.jpeg

Ah perfect. I'll have a look at those tonight.

Kadayi

Banned
Awesome. So, they are good enough quality then? The originals on the Facebook page were actually just jpegs too, so I was worried about that. Thank you so much, Kadayi. You the man.

Yeah, they'll be fine in terms of size. The larger size means when I'm selecting the mask areas there will be more pixels to play with which will result in tighter cleaner masking and less aliasing issues. Also will be able to do a better composition on the Avatar Crop. The incoming format doesn't matter because I'll be taking it into photoshop regardless to do the masking and then saving it out as a PNG as PNGs save Alpha Channel information (the transparency data) whereas Jpegs don't.

Kadayi

Banned
Awesome. So, they are good enough quality then? The originals on the Facebook page were actually just jpegs too, so I was worried about that. Thank you so much, Kadayi. You the man.

Ok 1080

uXLnZCD.png

Plus a few of 400 x 400 avatar options with different crops

JEysNsS.png
UDcL7n4.png
P3XxyEc.png

Try them out see which works best for you. If you need a different crop let me know.

Enjoy

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I can’t save the 1080 image at all. Tried on my iPad Pro in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox to no avail. I tried on my S9+ too, but that didn’t work either. Can you post a direct link to it or help me with that somehow? I like the third crop. Could you maybe give me a couple of more options like that if possible? If not, I think it might be nearly perfect. Lol. Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I can’t save the 1080 image at all. Tried on my iPad Pro in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox to no avail. I tried on my S9+ too, but that didn’t work either. Can you post a direct link to it or help me with that somehow? I like the third crop. Could you maybe give me a couple of more options like that if possible? If not, I think it might be nearly perfect. Lol. Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

WeTransfer link below (good for 7 days)

To the 1080 PNG and all the 400 PNGs.

I made another couple of crops, but tbh they're all very much of a muchness: -

kKyn1ZU.png
9NZfDoz.png
iBhrnQs.png
oTSvzKh.png
VMXdKWD.png

Enjoy

Kad

killatopak

Gold Member
Trying to be active again in gaf but my avatar didn’t survive the transition when the site got upgraded.

I’d be thankful if my avatar could have a res bump for the new generation. Hopefully with transparency intact. My old one is kinda blurry with the past gaf max picture size.

Here’s the original picture

9c5a648a677aa08d2873495330259d96.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Trying to be active again in gaf but my avatar didn’t survive the transition when the site got upgraded.

I’d be thankful if my avatar could have a res bump for the new generation. Hopefully with transparency intact. My old one is kinda blurry with the past gaf max picture size.

Here’s the original picture

9c5a648a677aa08d2873495330259d96.jpg

Thanks a lot.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow night for you

Kadayi

Banned
Last edited:
You didn't even have the decency to say thank you last time, and you expect to be indulged again?

giphy.gif

Yeah, that's not how things work.

I did say thank you. It was before you did the work, but still. I was thankful for your time and effort. :messenger_pensive: I thought I did thank you afterwards too, but I guess I didn’t. I’m really sorry, man. I didn’t mean anything by it.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Mista Mista
These are the closest I was able to get them to fit within GAFs avatar sizing limits.

Option 1: still stretches it out a bit but fits

EK5GrvA.png

Option 2: this one is 400x400, but I feel there's too much room up at the top in order to get it to that size
s04kNN3.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom