• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Frogger Game Announced for Apple Arcade

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Apple Arcade officially revealed the Konami-developed Frogger and the Rumbling Ruins on Tuesday, with Frogger delving into ancient ruins and hunting for treasure. Screenshots from the game's App Store page give a glimpse into its gameplay featuring an isometric perspective and potentially revamped controls with one image showing what could be tilt-based mechanics. The description advertises Frogger and the Rumbling Ruins as having "more than 100 stages" and teasing boss battles later in the game.

Xenon

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

I think this is a sequel to Toy Town Frogger from a while back.
This Sheep played that during the Apple Arcade trial on my apple iOS iPhone.
I would like to continue with Apple Arcade but the trial is over and I don't want to spend 5 bucks a month.

That's not the point lol. Why limit to 1 mobile platform??? Losing customers. It would be different if this was like an Apple console thing.

Well if Apple ends up making a console like rumors are suggesting, that shouldn't be a problem in the future ;).

But also like theHFIC theHFIC said it's not just mobile, you got a family of devices including Mac tablets, PCs and Apple TVs. It's like what Microsoft is doing with GamePass, in a way.

I think this is a sequel to Toy Town Frogger from a while back.
This Sheep played that during the Apple Arcade trial on my apple iOS iPhone.
I would like to continue with Apple Arcade but the trial is over and I don't want to spend 5 bucks a month.

I might take the plunge and get an Apple TV to play this and a couple other games on there. Can you pay month-to-month?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Neat I guess. I personally like Apple Arcade. It basically is "free" for me, since I already had to pay for iCloud and Apple Music, so I just combined into whatever their package deal is. I don't really understand the hate for it; Apple is pumping money into (usually) indie devs for platform exclusivity on some of the games, similar to basically every other gaming platform company.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't thin you can. They will take your credit card number and bill each month.
You can easily cancel it Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions on an iPhone. You can even buy it for one month, cancel it immediately, and you'll still have access for the rest of the month.

theHFIC

I might take the plunge and get an Apple TV to play this and a couple other games on there. Can you pay month-to-month?
They can bill month to month but you have to put a card up front. This can be a credit card or an iTunes/Apple gift card. If the only Apple device you have would be the Apple TV, you'd be able to manage your subscriptions from the Settings app on the ATV and cancel from there.

They can bill month to month but you have to put a card up front. This can be a credit card or an iTunes/Apple gift card. If the only Apple device you have would be the Apple TV, you'd be able to manage your subscriptions from the Settings app on the ATV and cancel from there.

Sounds good enough for me, then. That Fantasian game and Air Twister look like they'd be good fun for a month or two.

Top Bottom