• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for April 2023 announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
Games-Wtih-Gold-April-a39dff0621a9eb7261a3.jpg

Explore space or the world of Peaky Blinders this April with Games with Gold! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, start the month off by managing the perfect space home in Out of Space: Couch Edition, and then midmonth roam through a puzzle-adventure game based on the hit show in Peaky Blinders: Mastermind.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Out of Space: Couch Edition

There is no place like home, especially when you’re drifting through outer space. The challenge is that a deadly alien infestation has also settled in. It will take all your strategic skills to keep each newly generated spaceship house creating resources and recycling alien goo by automating tasks to help keep it clean and comfy. Play with friends to build a sustainable environment that you can all enjoy together.

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind

A plot is afoot to put the family out of business and it’s up to you to uncover it. Set prior to season one of the hit show, you can control six key members of the Shelby family, each with different strengths and weaknesses. If you need to bribe a cop, use Polly, but if you need to bust down a door or knock a few skulls, take control of Arthur. By using the right person at the right time and leveraging the game’s unique mechanics to move backwards or forwards through time, you can be the mastermind that puts everyone in sync to help unlock the puzzles.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I enjoyed the Peaky Blinders game, sadly I have it already, but worth a look if you like that kind of thing.
I've seen it a few times on sale. What type of game would it remind you of? I'm tempted but I haven't heard anyone who played it (yourself excluded, you are a rare find)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol why even bother at this point? Just discontinue Gold all together, or at the very least discontinue the free games program entirely.

Never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd rather have literally nothing than this stuff. At least then, I don't have to look forward to and hope that next month is better...

acm2000

why are people acting surprised? MS wants people to upgrade to game pass and thats where the good games are, there is zero reason for them to offer anything worth while in GfW

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
why are people acting surprised? MS wants people to upgrade to game pass and thats where the good games are, there is zero reason for them to offer anything worth while in GfW
While I understand that's their goal, they still charge $120 per year for this service. And if they are charging for something, that's a big enough reason to offer worthwhile stuff for that price.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
While I understand that's their goal, they still charge $120 per year for this service. And if they are charging for something, that's a big enough reason to offer worthwhile stuff for that price.
Games with Gold is not 120 a year. I think it's around 80. The price used to be 60 and they announced a doubling of the price and took out the yearly sub when they backtracked. It effectively gave an increase on the yearly sub as a result.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Games with Gold is not 120 a year. I think it's around 80. The price used to be 60 and they announced a doubling of the price and took out the yearly sub when they backtracked. It effectively gave an increase on the yearly sub as a result.
It's $120 now.

They had a monthly price of $9.99 and a yearly price of $59.99. They doubled the price to $120 per year, got backlash, and reversed their decision.

But then quietly canceled the 1-year subscription altogether. So now it's $9.99 per month, which is $120 per year. You can get it for $100 if you get quarterly cards, but not below that.

Topher

Gold Member
It's $120 now.

They had a monthly price of $9.99 and a yearly price of $59.99. They doubled the price to $120 per year, got backlash, and reversed their decision.

But then quietly canceled the 1-year subscription altogether. So now it's $9.99 per month, which is $120 per year. You can get it for $100 if you get quarterly cards, but not below that.

You can still get it for $60 through other vendors.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's $120 now.

It's 9.99 a month here in Ireland (just checked the website) and the quarterly is 19.99 [19.99 x 4 is 79.96].

Using comparisons, I wouldn't use the monthly, the yearly cost gives the fairer reflection based on the cheapest option.Otherwise you hear crazy high costs that aren't really reflective of the value for most here.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's 9.99 a month here in Ireland (just checked the website) and the quarterly is 19.99 [19.99 x 4 is 79.96].

Using comparisons, I wouldn't use the monthly, the yearly cost gives the fairer reflection based on the cheapest option.Otherwise you hear crazy high costs that aren't really reflective of the value for most here.
I pasted an image above; for me it's $100 at best from Microsoft's online store.

Anyway, the actual price can vary; that wasn't my point. My main point in response to that other comment was that there are absolutely reasons for offering value because Microsoft charges a price for that service -- which could be anything, from $60 to $120 per year.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I pasted an image above; for me it's $100 at best from Microsoft's online store.

Anyway, the actual price can vary; that wasn't my point. My main point in response to that other comment was that there are absolutely reasons for offering value because Microsoft charges a price for that service -- which could be anything, from $60 to $120 per year.
24.99 for 3 months is hungry. I only saw your post after sending mine. I never realised it bounced up again in cost.

I've seen it a few times on sale. What type of game would it remind you of? I'm tempted but I haven't heard anyone who played it (yourself excluded, you are a rare find)
That’s a tricky question to answer lol. It’s kind of a puzzle game with time manipulation, where you move the characters around the map trying to coordinate them to be in the right place at the right time to achieve the solution to whatever you need.

Hard to think of what to compare it to. A little bit like The Sexy Brutale if you ever played that. And absolutely nothing like you would imagine a Peaky Blinders game to be.

It’s not amazing by any stretch, but I enjoyed my time with it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This is how you passively kill a service. All you Gold scrubs need to hop on the Game Pass train.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, that's the existing inventory. I was referring to their official store.

9AfswSt.jpg

It's not just existing inventory, all retailers like CDKeys, Best Buy, Amazon, NewEgg have been selling the 12 month codes for the 2~ years since they officially stopped it at the Xbox store.

It's a really weird thing that the Xbox store is the only place that doesn't sell the 12 month code but every other place is allowed to.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's not just existing inventory, all retailers like CDKeys, Best Buy, Amazon, NewEgg have been selling the 12 month codes for the 2~ years since they officially stopped it at the Xbox store.

It's a really weird thing that the Xbox store is the only place that doesn't sell the 12 month code but every other place is allowed to.
It's definitely not just existing card inventory. You can still buy yearly digital codes for $60 via Amazon. It's not likely that Amazon is sitting on a large, pre-existing inventory of digital codes.

Top Bottom