• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for August 2022: ScourgeBringer, Saint’s Row 2, and Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine

Draugoth

Gold Member
news.xbox.com

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone else genuinely forget this is still a thing?

Who the fuck is still paying $10 a month just for Gold and not bothering with Game Pass? Or is the argument "yes but I own my games" when you're clearly gonna continue paying for their online services regardless?

Last edited:
Saints Row 2 is good for anybody that hasn't played it, but it's super old and cheap so I imagine anybody who wanted to play it has at this point.

I'm just hoping when they remove 360 games from GWG they actually try and improve the quality of the games they're giving away, they almost certainly won't because their focus is on Game Pass, but it's almost worse to have this service be shit than to just remove it entirely

T-Cake

Two duplicate 360 games that have been on Games with Gold before. Microsoft is so shit I swear.

I was wondering why I had already got a copy of Saints Row 2. I certainly bought the first one as that's my favourite in the series but never would have bought 2.

Jaybe

PS Essential just stomps all over Xbox Gold. Xbox Gold customers in theory pay the same as PS Essential, yet get a pittance of what they do. Feels like Xbox said ‘well If we can’t double the price of Gold then let’s just feed them bottom-tier trash’, gotta profit somewhere. Sets a bad precedent for what they could do with Game Pass, by dropping quality if the market doesn’t accept a price hike.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Saints Row 2 is good for anybody that hasn't played it, but it's super old and cheap so I imagine anybody who wanted to play it has at this point.

I'm just hoping when they remove 360 games from GWG they actually try and improve the quality of the games they're giving away, they almost certainly won't because their focus is on Game Pass, but it's almost worse to have this service be shit than to just remove it entirely
I haven't played any of them but tempted before saints row drops in August.

Is it worth it? I don't like crappy graphics generally or dated graphics.

fatmarco

I still don't understand how, given the breadth of games they have available to them over Xbox, 360, Xbox One, and Series consoles, that these are the sorts of games they choose.

I just wish they'd use Gold as an opportunity to give away some of those classic 360 games that never go on sale.

they've given me those games already. It would've been nice to give me the original Saints Row. So i wouldn't have to put the disc in to play it.

they've given every other Saints row away for free except the first one for some reason

I haven't played any of them but tempted before saints row drops in August.

Is it worth it? I don't like crappy graphics generally or dated graphics.

I mean it released in 2008 so the graphics will be very dated from a modern day standpoint. If you have the time it's definitely worth trying it, if you don't like it you can just uninstall and move on. It's more of a grounded and less ridiculously wacky game than 3 or 4 (whether you view that as good or bad). I don't know how well it holds up gameplay wise as I played it within a year or two of release, but I definitely had enough fun with it that I bought the 3rd one at launch

Lognor

Banned
I still don't understand how, given the breadth of games they have available to them over Xbox, 360, Xbox One, and Series consoles, that these are the sorts of games they choose.

I just wish they'd use Gold as an opportunity to give away some of those classic 360 games that never go on sale.
Isn't GWG just 360 and Xbox One games? Have they been adding Series games to it?

And just curious, but what 360 games would you like to see on there?

93xfan

Banned
Monaco was already a GWG freebie long time ago. I know because I downloaded it.
Same. This is robbing fans. I was told I’d get new 360 games when I had a gold subscription. This is really, really poor customer service.

I say that as someone who has been very happy with their other services up to this point.

I feel robbed.

Esca

Woof

They need to do the 360 games and add sites games. Like seriously get with the current gen you cheap bastards

Knightime_X

To be fair, most games today kinda suck anyways and the majority of people already own the good games.
The only thing I can think of is retro arcade stuff like SNK or arcade archive games, but almost guarantee someone will whine about that as well.

Orbital2060

- 360 games

- free cloud saves that dont expire

are both great.

I hope they dont start messing around with the cloud saves expiring like on ps+, that would fucking suck.

Jennings

adkqfVU.jpg

I think they're sunsetting GWG soon, so it's cool to see them going out with a bang in these few remaining months.

I've heard nothing but good things about Saints Row 2, and look forward to playing it. I entered the series with SR3 on Steam and loved every minute of it and SR4. SR4 had a lot of callbacks to 2, all of which went over my head, so I'm excited to put these bits into context.

As for the other games, they'll all be new adventures for me. More worlds to explore, more memories to make. Thank you for your service, GWG.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Pretty pointless having your subscription services as your flagship product, and promoting value with one of your next generation of consoles, if only the most expensive tier is worth anything.

If you’re casual and grab a PS5 DE even the basic PS Plus sub is great value. You can’t even compare Essential to Gold. It’s laughable.

Last edited:

Reallink

Garbage as usual thanks to Game Pass. At least PS+ essentials is still giving out some quality even though they've added their "game pass" subscription service.
LOL its been out 1 whole month chief, check back in 6 months to a year. MS waited quite a while to start scraping the shit off the bottom of the portapotty

Last edited:
Top Bottom