• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for December 2022

Banjo64

cumsessed
Who ratifies these selections? Absolute joke. MS need to hurry the fuck up and execute this obsolete service.

begotten

Colt Canyon is actually a good game, played it on Switch. But JFC do people actually know this service exists still to even claim these games. Just take it out the back and shoot it.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I'm very hyped for these two. Kidding aside, you know it's a crap offer when you don't even redeem an offer for a "free" game.

anthony2690

Banned

I'm not going to lie, Bladed Fury actually looks like it could be a fun time, looks like a pretty cool indie game.

Whilst games with gold has left a LOT to be desired in the past 6 months or so, this game looks like it could be something I might actually enjoy, never even heard of it before.

Anyone played it before?

I'm not going to lie, Bladed Fury actually looks like it could be a fun time, looks like a pretty cool indie game.

Whilst games with gold has left a LOT to be desired in the past 6 months or so, this game looks like it could be something I might actually enjoy, never even heard of it before.

Anyone played it before?

I've played it. It's a low budget Chinese Vanillaware-ish action / platformer thing. It's decent enough to mess around for a few minutes. Not a terrible game.

Does movement feel good? I guess these games live or die by how they feel to play :p
I don't remember it in extreme detail. Has some limited command moves I think, felt fine. But it's been probably a year since I played it. Dropped it after a couple hours for some reason, but don't remember what specifically. Game is average at best.

Why doesnt MS just get rid of this. Surely there's no benefit at point of argue that it's actually giving them a worse reputation

anthony2690

Banned
I don't remember it in extreme detail. Has some limited command moves I think, felt fine. But it's been probably a year since I played it. Dropped it after a couple hours for some reason, but don't remember what specifically. Game is average at best.
Maybe I won't bother then, time is quite limited recently.

So much good stuff to play that I'm struggling to keep up XD

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
We eatin

rejoice.png

coffinbirth

Two games I don't already own, I consider this a success.
Hopefully next year they step it up now that BC games aren't also included. I suspect we'll eventually just see Game Pass games transition to that program, which would be fine with me, especially if they are games that leave the service for awhile and come back as a GWG title. Stuff like Carrion, Slime Rancher, etc.

Personally, I think it would be cool if Microsoft made a deal with Hamster Corporation and offered up an Arcade Archives title every month. They could do that in perpetuity, basically.

Jormatar

Seems like they're going out of their way to kill this thing.
The sad thing is they will never kill a service like this. It requires them no effort to run and they still get hundreds of million dollars every year from people who just wants to play CoD and FIFA and refuse subscribing to Game Pass which costs more.

Last edited:

teraflops

Neo Member
I wonder how Gold works for the developers(flat fee or paid per copy claimed)? If it's per copy then I wouldn't be surprised if they give away absolute trash so nobody actually downloads it. Even if it is a flat fee, I would be surprised if it even costs them more than $50,000 per month based on the quality.

lachesis

Bladed Fury looks like a copy of Oboro Muramasa set in China. Looks okay, I guess - I like seeing "big" characters not tiny characters in these type of action games.
I don't understand why they make the characters so small, it's not like they have sprite issues... :(

Top Bottom