• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for July 2022

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, and why MS purposefully not putting anything worthwhile on GwG is bad, for both GwG subscribers AND GP subscribers.

They're linked. Which is why adamsapple adamsapple and yourself were so quick to rush in and say "Don't look at these GwG games! Please look at GamePass!!"

This is literally the first line of my post you're talking about where I'm immediately critical of games for gold's offering.

Come on now.

Torchlight is nice, but as always the games for gold play second fiddle to game pass.

I didn't say that at all, stop lying. I said you get to keep the 360 games mentioned in this thread because you were wrong in saying otherwise, as usual.
The comments are still there buddy. Go read them.

GamePass and PS+ Extra games leave the service all the time and you must play them immediately or risk missing out.

Not actually true, the 360 games you keep regardless.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
GwG and PS+ Essential games are yours for as long as you have a membership, while GamePass and PS+ Extra games leave the service all the time and you must play them immediately or risk missing out.

You flat out said my comment that games on GamePass can leave while games on GwG don't was "not true". Keep up.

Why lie when you can be quoted? You said GwG games are yours for as long as you have membership, as I pointed out this isn't totally true as the 360 games are yours to keep even when you are no longer a member.

adamsapple

The comments are still there buddy. Go read them.

My friend this is a needless back and forth, what he said is right. You do get to keep 360 games on GWG even if your Gold finishes.

It's mentioned in the official FAQ.

Xbox 360: Any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.

reinking

Gold Member
Somehow I find it very hard to believe there are more paid GP subscribers than Gold susbcribers.
I can see it being possible. Anyone who subs for Gold gets a message about upgrading 1:1 for Game Pass. Game Pass is a fantastic deal so I can see the conversion rate being on the higher end. It could be good news if true. This would strengthen Game Pass and Gold would be that much closer to being folded into Game Pass. MS just has to do it the right way.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
There was a time where I checked humble bundle weekly, and got excited over the mix between big blockbusters and indies on gwg and psplus.

Humble has been on life support since IGN took over, and the last big title for xbox was when?

Chaosbane was cool back in September, but as someone who got gamepass ultimate February the gwg games has only been a let down.

Sony has been killing it. God of war, fifa, ghost of Tsushima, ark, planet coaster, tiny Tina.

My guess is Microsoft gave up on gwg and are using all resources on gamepass.

Tarkus98

I really never heard of any of these games. The descriptions made them all sound so good I got excited that this would be a good offering finally. Thank god for this forum letting me know they are mostly shit except for Torchlight. Saves me time.

adamsapple

I really never heard of any of these games. The descriptions made them all sound so good I got excited that this would be a good offering finally. Thank god for this forum letting me know they are mostly shit except for Torchlight. Saves me time.

Yeah, the first Torchlight was one of those games that filled peoples voids when they were waiting for Diablo 3.

I haven't dabbled into any of its sequels so can't say how good it's been since then.

Tarkus98

Yeah, the first Torchlight was one of those games that filled peoples voids when they were waiting for Diablo 3.

I haven't dabbled into any of its sequels so can't say how good it's been since then.
Sounds like a game I will enjoy. I just won’t go in expecting a “AAA” experience.
I am often pleasantly surprised with Indie offerings.

Top Bottom