• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for March 2023 Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Travel across eras this March in Games with Gold! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, start the month with a visit to a 1960s-era set sci-fi mystery in Trüberbrook or strategize WWII battles in Sudden Strike 4- Complete Collection, and then midmonth survive 19th century supernatural horrors in Lamentum.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Trüberbrook

Explore the charming 1960s German village of Trüberbrook where not all is as it seems. Get trippy in this single-player Sci-Fi mystery adventure game. The world of the game is beautifully built using meticulously handmade miniature scenery. Discover reality rifts, encounter crazy scientists, and fight for true love as you step up to save the world!

Banned
jesus christ GIF

It's rare that I see 3 games I've never even heard of. Guess I'll try them out some day …

Pretty weak line up at first glance, but I've never played or heard of these.

Roberts

I watched the video and have to say I am kind of intrigued by Truberbrook. Looks cool. I think I have Sudden Strike, but not sure about it.

mrmustard

Banned
Truberbrook is very cool, but i already own it on Android. At least Sudden Strike 1 was a good game, rember playing it like 20 years ago on pc.

BlackTron

I mean I'd take Sudden Strike for "free", but I just don't see any point to this, because this is not just a window to claim the games, they go away when your sub runs out.

So, why not just put them on Gamepass? At least with Xbox 360 games they stayed on your account. The fact that some games stay and others don't is confusing and just another reason this whole thing is silly.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Would that means that the 1 dollar "loophole" that I keep hearing about would become official pricing ? Or did they change that and buying Gold is no longer a good plan before upgrading to Gamepass Ultimate ?

Gold to GPU is still the cheapest way to get 3 years of GPU, but at this point it just feels like Gold alone is being treated like a Disney-movie step child. They should either just fold it, or give it some features from base game pass.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Gold to GPU is still the cheapest way to get 3 years of GPU, but at this point it just feels like Gold alone is being treated like a Disney-movie step child. They should either just fold it, or give it some features from base game pass.
I can agree that there is a need to revamp it but can they fold it without either loosing potential revenue( by making a "loophole" permanent) or doing a price hike at a moment where they need any advantage they can have against Sony? I don't have a Xbox account so I don't really know how Games for Gold works and what it is for Microsoft right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surprise Reaction GIF by Freeform's Single Drunk Female

I'd almost rather they just announced that the free games with gold program was going away completely at this point.

Almost.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Truberbrook is a really cool point & click adventure game. Beautiful locations and pretty cool story.

Sudden Strike 4 is also a good pick if you don't mind playing an RTS using a gamepad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom