• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for May 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
Games-With-Gold-May-cc5dc0610d3dd5703613.jpg

Explore two completely different worlds and vibes this May in Games with Gold! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, start the month off by rocketing through Star Wars Episode I Racer, and then midmonth slow everything down for the calming beauty of Hoa.

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Climb on and strap in for some old-school “Star Wars Episode I” podracing action. Play as young Anakin Skywalker or any of the over twenty-one podracers. Fire up your two massive jet engines and rev up to 600 MPH as you race by and over flaming methane lakes, through meteor showers, past Tusken Raiders, and more. May the Force be with you!

Hoa

Travel through the beautiful, mythologically inspired world of Hoa. Play as the titular fairy returning to her homeland to reinvigorate the terrain and its inhabitants. This is a soothing, meditative puzzle-platformer which will utterly charm you with hand-painted art and a beautiful score. Lose yourself in the little wonders.

Read more about our Games with Gold program here and stay tuned to Xbox Wire for all the latest news on Xbox. Like we said before, if you are an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, you get all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, hundreds of high-quality games you can play on console, PC, and across devices from the Cloud, and access to EA Play at no extra cost. New games are added all the time, so you’re never without something new to try when you’re looking to find your next favorite game. If you’re new, or if you’re an existing Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass for Console member, join or upgrade today.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't know what HOA is, but I was an HOA president for years, so I should be good at that game.

I like the SW Racer game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
throw up team america GIF

I mean, Star Wars Pod Racing is great, but its over 20 years old by now.

Tsaki

Those titles aren't comparable with GWG. Compare them to GamePass offerings. Both need a sub and neither are owned or playable without a sub
No. PS+ Essential costs the same as Gold and the games remain tied to your account forever, so these two are direct competitors. Five years from now you could sub for a month and have access to today's offerings, without worrying when the games will leave the service. This is not something that Game Pass offers (which is also 2x the cost).

Crew511A

Pod Racer is a pretty decent game. Probably the first GWG offering in a year I'll actually play. I wish it was more than a basic port, but I guess that's life.

Top Bottom