• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for October 2022: Windbound & Bomber Crew Deluxe Edition

Draugoth

Gold Member

8468545_16x9_4UP_Points_02-3026954225d7900ae571.jpg

New Games with Gold for October 2022​

It’s time to announce the October Games with Gold lineup! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, explore a mysterious paradise in Windbound and take to the skies in Bomber Crew Deluxe Edition.
Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to over 100 high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Honestly even PlayStation essentials can't begin to match how terrible the games with gold offerings are. I wish they'd just get rid of it, it's so embarrassing.

You'd think after axing 360 they'd do more to compensate.

But it looks like GWG is nothing but an afterthought. They're steering everyone towards the greener pastures of game pass.

PS. Tomorrow is the last day to get the last decent GWG game, i-e Portal 2 before it goes away.

Last edited:
Nobody pays for XLG because of the games, they just want to play FIFA in peace. The games are just a small, cheap bonus. They could remove it entirely as far as I'm concerned.

sainraja

I believe Microsoft is planning to shut down Gold sooner or later.
Microsoft's team knows what it's doing. I was at a design conference where the ebay team shared that when they changed colors of the filter section, everyone complained. So they rolled it back. They eventually brought the color changes back to the filter section but did it slowly - increasing the opacity little by little and no one complained!

MS already tried removing Gold as an option before. Now they are just doing it slowly. :D

AND/OR it is no longer a high priority given Game Pass exists. But they are definitely going to kill off XBL Gold+Games with Gold one way or another.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I mean, I don't know what people are expecting at this point. This service exists for the sake of existing, nothing more.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

You'd think after axing 360 they'd do more to compensate.

But it looks like GWG is nothing but an afterthought. They're steering everyone towards the greener pastures of game pass.

PS. Tomorrow is the last day to get the last decent GWG game, i-e Portal 2 before it goes away.

Disappointed Cheer Up GIF by stalebagel

I thought with the reduction from 4 titles to just 2 that we might see a bit of an upgrade in these. Not so far. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fbh

It gets worse every month.

I don't understand why they can't recycle the Xbox 360 games from the beginning again. Not that many people will have been there from day one and amassed everything.

The first party stuff, sure.

The third party one would probably have to be re-negotiated. Which is probably not worth the effort as it's unlikely to have a major effect on subscriber numbers and they'd just fill up of complains about them "recycling" games.

Last edited:
XBL Gold started releasing games to compete with what Sony started with PS+. They should still release comperable titles. There are customers that don't want gamepass just like customers that don't want ps+ extra/premium. People need to quit giving MS a pass just cause of gamepass or saying things like "no one gets live gold for the games".

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Have been looking on windbound before, looks interesting.

Fuck bomber crew.

I didn't expect anything and was still let down.

Psplus shits all over this. Its embarrassing when you compare these two services together.

But Microsoft probably doesn't bother because of gamepass

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I believe Microsoft is planning to shut down Gold sooner or later.
What of the gwg games we already redeemed? Just a general question out there on what people purpose is done with those games. Do we just lose them?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What of the gwg games we already redeemed? Just a general question out there on what people purpose is done with those games. Do we just lose them?
Obviously nothing is official or has been discussed by Microsoft but... if it were me in charge of sunsetting Games with Gold, then I would simply convert existing Gold members to Game Pass subscribers. As long as you're subscribed to Game Pass, you'll keep access to your "legacy" GwG entitlements. Game Pass would be required for online play. Rebrand the whole thing as Game Pass Essential.

Top Bottom