• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer

kunonabi

New trailer dropped today. Looking good but still hard to get a sense of how the humor is going to play out.

nkarafo

It's pretty meh. Seems like it takes itself way too seriously. I don't expect the same kind of comedy the original had, it looks more like a nostalgia driven melodrama. And the main characters look rather uninteresting and boring, especially the kids. Half of the original's appeal was it's likeable characters and their chemistry.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I love the story for this one...I just hope the atmosphere feels right.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

GIF by Ghostbusters

kunonabi

I love the story for this one...I just hope the atmosphere feels right.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

GIF by Ghostbusters
It certainly looks like it's skewing towards being one of the better revivals we've gotten recently. Could be another Creed if all goes well.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's pretty meh. Seems like it takes itself way too seriously. I don't expect the same kind of comedy the original had, it looks more like a nostalgia driven melodrama. And the main characters look rather uninteresting and boring, especially the kids. Half of the original's appeal was it's likeable characters and their chemistry.
Yeah, that is what looks like the danger. I am not sure making it kids / teens driven works.

Top Bottom