• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Godfall Details: Five Different Elemental Realms, Dark Souls Influence, Ex-Destiny Devs Involved

GymWolf

No, it contains weapons.
tenor.gif

sublimit

Banned
Looks very generic artistically and the developer's previous track record (Duelyst which was a card game) doesn't inspire much confidence that they have the experience needed for this type of game.

Keihart

I need another trailer with gameplay maybe, the reveal looked shitty. Those designs are pretty ugly tbh.

Psykodad

Banned
Actually it is.
It maybe has most active players, but that doesn't say much.

Their loot-system is still terrible, even though they made some improvements over D1.
In fact, they did a complete reboot on the development of D2 only a year before release (similar to D1).
That's why I'm cautious about Godfall since they got some of the people behind that system, which was the direct result of D2 losing 80% of it's userbase in a very small amount of time. To the point that they had to give away the base game for free to get people interested in Shadowkeep (which did improve lots of things, but bare minimum).

Fundamentally, The Division > Destiny.
But The Division has other problems.
Hopefully Godfall will combine the good aspects of both Destiny and The Division.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It maybe has most active players, but that doesn't say much.

Their loot-system is still terrible, even though they made some improvements over D1.
In fact, they did a complete reboot on the development of D2 only a year before release (similar to D1).
That's why I'm cautious about Godfall since they got some of the people behind that system, which was the direct result of D2 losing 80% of it's userbase in a very small amount of time. To the point that they had to give away the base game for free to get people interested in Shadowkeep (which did improve lots of things, but bare minimum).

Fundamentally, The Division > Destiny.
But The Division has other problems.
Hopefully Godfall will combine the good aspects of both Destiny and The Division.
Not say much to you.

But it absolutely says the success the game has because over 1 million active players disagree with you.

Fundamentally The Division never touched the finger of Destiny because it is just not good as Destiny.

Destiny >>> The Division
Destiny 2 >>>>>>> The Division 2

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Not say much to you.

But it absolutely says the success the game has because over 1 million active players disagree with you.

Fundamentally The Division never touched the finger of Destiny.
Cool, lots of free games have lots of players.

Psykodad

Banned
Yes and mostly doesn't have the success of >$60 Destiny.
Anyway, as much as I like bickering on Gaf, this thread is about Godfall's loot-system and if they follow D2's loot-system, it's gonna be crap and all you have to do is log in on tuesday evening, play for 2 hours and be done for the rest of the week.

ethomaz

Banned
Anyway, as much as I like bickering on Gaf, this thread is about Godfall's loot-system and if they follow D2's loot-system, it's gonna be crap and all you have to do is log in on tuesday evening, play for 2 hours and be done for the rest of the week.
If they follow Destiny 2's loot-system it will be fine if not great.

The biggest challenge is that nobody could imitate Destiny yet... all of them failed miserable.
Let's see if GodFall can do better than the others copies.

Last edited:
The game looks amazing and really fun to play. I love some good sword and board slashing. I just hope there is a decent story to carry the game through. This is looking more and more likely to be one of my PS5 launch titles. I hope we get the full line up soon.

Entroyp

Demon’s Souls is a Sony’s IP just like Bloodborne.

Yes. It is a Sony game.

Até you guys talking about Demon’s Souls, no?

I was talking about Godfall, I think there’s some confusion going on here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to Godfall but it's funny how they say that a PS4 version isn't being considered despite the fact that it was originally meant to be a PS4 title and released in late 2019 but was pushed to late 2020 for PS5. This can be seen in an early JorRaptor video shortly after The Game Awards in which he shows quotes from CounterPlay Games regarding this game.

One thing that is as of now only a rumor but im expecting to be true is that Godfall is a one year PS5/EGS timed exclusive with it going to XSX/Steam in late 2021.

Top Bottom