• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New gothic 3 mini interview.

Monk

Banned
Stefan's enthusiasm has been bubbling beneath the surface this whole time, but it is here that it really begins to overflow. "I loved the Ultima series in the past," he shares, "and for me, it's another part of Ultima. It's so great. You have a free world where you can run around and interact with people. It's really a dream for every role-playing gamer. You can choose to fight with the humans or you can fight with the orcs."

"So, how many factions will there be in this one?" I ask.

"There will be six different groups this time. You will begin after showing up by ship on the mainland. The orcs have won the war and you can choose to fight with them or against them. The orcs aren't very intelligent and if you side with them the humans will say, 'Go away, we don't want anything to do with you.'"

"Like in Ultima 7, you would go into a shop at night and no one is there. Everyone is sleeping. In Gothic we want to make a living, breathing world where at night guards would tell you to be quiet because people are sleeping. You can go into a bar and have a drink with someone. If you go to a farm and kill someone, the next time you go there, his friend will say, "You killed my friend. Get out of here!"

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1132

I personally can't wait. :D

Gattsu25

Banned
not sure but Gothic 2 was a very big game in it's own way...my only problem with Gothic 2 was it wasn't open ended enough for me...near the start at least

Monk

Banned
pj325is said:
How big was gothic 2 compared to morrowind?

What do you mean? Hours or size of the map? I would say that they are roughly the same size because they are hard to compare, from one end of the map to the other, I think Morrowind is bigger, also its about 70 hours to Morrowind's 100hours I would say. But really, both are pretty large. What impresses you about gothic 2's world is that it's completely seamless going from one area to the next, excluding the change from the orc area to the human area. You could run from one end of the map without any loading whatsoever.

But I hate comparisons between Morrowind and Gothic, Gothic is more in the vein of ultima rather than the elderscroll series.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Gothic is awesome. Awesome is Gothic. Gothic II really cleaned up some of the bonehead interface and controls issues that held back the original. I have high hopes for Gothic III.

And yes, I know I've been a Morrowind pimp in the past. I love both series, so haters can fuck off. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom