• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA 6 Leak Suggests "Incredible Graphics" With Rage Game Engine 9

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a new report by Chris Klippel, an industry insider and the creator of Rockstar Magazine and Naughty Dog Magazine, we could very well be expecting something absolutely amazing when it comes to the next iteration of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

In a tweet, Chris mentions that the new graphics engine of GTA 6, which is Rage 9, will likely be quite incredible. He goes on to say that he has received quite positive feedback about it, so there is no reason to be disappointed right now.

What’s noteworthy is the fact that Chris mentions that we are looking at an engine that will be ahead of its time. This means that GTA 6 could possibly boast graphics better than any game out there of this generation, and that could be quite a feat for the game. However, if we look at Rockstar’s history, it won’t be something very surprising, to say the least. Rockstar is known for feats like these, pushing the threshold and setting new benchmarks for the gaming industry.

Hate it or like it RDR 2 has some amazing graphics. At this time is just to wait but I hope:

200.gif

JimRyanGOAT

According to a new report by Chris Klippel, an industry insider and the creator of Rockstar Magazine and Naughty Dog Magazine, we could very well be expecting something absolutely amazing when it comes to the next iteration of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

In a tweet, Chris mentions that the new graphics engine of GTA 6, which is Rage 9, will likely be quite incredible. He goes on to say that he has received quite positive feedback about it, so there is no reason to be disappointed right now.

What’s noteworthy is the fact that Chris mentions that we are looking at an engine that will be ahead of its time. This means that GTA 6 could possibly boast graphics better than any game out there of this generation, and that could be quite a feat for the game. However, if we look at Rockstar’s history, it won’t be something very surprising, to say the least. Rockstar is known for feats like these, pushing the threshold and setting new benchmarks for the gaming industry.

Breaking News

Rockstar makes good looking games

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
RDR2 was my favourite game of last-gen, stunning experience from top to bottom and the visuals played a big part of it, the number of contextual/one-off animations and the lighting in particular was jaw-dropping. I recently played the GTAV remaster and - at times - it could pass for a current-gen release. No doubt GTAV6 will be something special, can't wait to finally see it.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
They are no doubt king of open world games, but they should focus on improving the single player experience.
Most of the time you have nothing to do in the single player open world portion.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I've started replaying RDR2 and wow this graphics still are best as of recent. The open world is just so alive and well put together. Can't wait for GTA 6 wait is getting gnarly.
I am also playing RDR2 on PC maxed out at native 4k and i have to disagree. The graphics dont look as good as some of the recent games.

However, in terms of detail and how alive the cities feel, I have to agree. The game is a masterpiece. I have no doubt that GTA6 will be the cream of the crop if its next gen only.

ZywyPL

Banned
GTA5 seemed impossible to be running on PS3/X360 back in the days, then RDR2 set the bar extremely high on PS4/XB1 as well, so I have no doubts their next game will also be industry-leading when it comes to tech and visuals.

Myths

GTA6 is going to look amazing if it’s still open world of course.

They left GTA5 open for so many possibilities with how they structured the files and engine. If modders could just change a few values and textures around to produce something even greater like what we’ve see, can’t imagine how 6 will be made. By far the most impressive mod is ENB, it really takes the game to the next level which barely any impact on FPS.

Even so, I’m certain the team is aware and will build the game in such a way where it can easily be improved upon for years.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
a new upcoming game will have better graphics than the previous game?

wtf!!! absolutely insane!!!

anyway, i don't care how good it looks. Rockstar can fuck off. they are greedy cowards now. they are only going to go all in with GTA Online and i don't want to go anywhere near that trash.

They are no doubt king of open world games, but they should focus on improving the single player experience.
Most of the time you have nothing to do in the single player open world portion.
rockstar don't give a shit about singleplayer anymore.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
rdr2 have basically still the best graphics if any open world on any platform . period. so yeah easy to imagine they will make it again

TVexperto

is there a list of all the SHIT liar leaks over the last 12 months? remember in december when he said red dead remastered will be announced at game awards?

ClosBSAS

ya, i believe it. even though i hate gta games, rockstar does fucking magic with that shit. the size of the games are absolutely crazy.

Certinty

This thread just reminds me how insane it is that Red Dead Redemption 2 can even run on the original Xbox One. Must be the biggest technical achievement in all of gaming.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Yup. RDR2 is the top dawg in open world games even today. The only game this generation I can see with more tech and more photoreal is FS2020.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't really doubt that, they've been producing very impressive looking games since GTA V (IV looked like ass).

I wouldn't really call this a leak, it was very predictable.

Aside from first party exclusives especially Playstation's, there's only a handful of third party game studios that chase after bleeding edge visuals, Rockstar has to be one of the best examples of those. They really set the bar with all their releases.

Top Bottom