• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ignore Feature

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Today, by popular request, we are adding the ability for users to ignore individual threads. This feature is limited to members with full member status, sorry Neophytes and Neo Members.

When you're viewing a thread, you will now see an "Ignore Thread" button at the top of the page.

dUQURGI.png

Clicking this button will bring up a confirmation dialog. From this dialog, you can optionally choose to place the creator of that thread on your ignore list.

7KRQt5y.png

You can manage your ignored threads using the same link you would previously use for managing your ignored users.

H2cgLTh.png

This page is now split into tabs. Users (as before, this will show a list of users you're ignoring) / Threads / Forums (more on this in a moment)

vry5npI.png

You can click on the trash can icon to remove that thread from your ignore list.

Similarly, we have provided users with the ability to ignore the Politics sub-forum, as shown here:

q3DHoDf.png

tDUsMSY.png

uzBI6mC.png

When the Politics sub-forum is ignored, you can still see that forum but it will appear to be blank as if all threads have been placed on your ignore list.

As with our previous feature that allowed users to ignore other users, the bottom of each page will have the option to show the ignored content.

hSanE0p.png

As always, if you run into any issues using this feature, please let us know.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Again, many thanks for enabling this! I love it for clearing clutter out of the front pages and making it more likely I see less popular threads that interest me.

Tesseract

Banned
this is sorta off topic but are profile covers disabled right now, and showcase achievement (selecting) busted?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Cool stuff, nice work.

Reinforce to some members to really using that feature. Mainly the ones that goes to the Off-topic complaining about off-topic stuff.

Fake

I still confuse by the ignore member feature. Even I ignoring, the thread of this person in particular still appears from sub indicators of the area (above the name of the area).
Is this possible?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So to try out the feature I have ignored all gaming threads that pertain to Youtubers or games I wouldn't even play if given for free on the first page. I noticed that I ignored all non-locked threads by @CyberPanda - which were a lot. So I learn, CyberPanda has bad taste, as judged by the person with the best taste (me, as evident by the fact that I like all the games I like).

So to try out the feature I have ignored all gaming threads that pertain to Youtubers or games I wouldn't even play if given for free on the first page. I noticed that I ignored all non-locked threads by @CyberPanda - which were a lot. So I learn, CyberPanda has bad taste, as judged by the person with the best taste (me, as evident by the fact that I like all the games I like).
Are you insulting my boi or just messing with him?

Top Bottom