• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ignore Feature

xrnzaaas

Would be possible to ignore the thread from the thread list? If I feel like the thread is cancer I don't even want to open it to click on the ignore button. ;)

Last edited:
south-park-s19e09c15-everyone-is-entitled-to-a-safe-space_16x9.jpg

New forum tech is cool but I’ll never need to use thread ignore. I’ll take NeoGAF, warts and all.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It’s nice to have new features, but I never use ignore on any forum. I feel like it’s a huge cop out. I want to see everyone in all their glory! :messenger_open_mouth:
Same, never ignored anyone, we all have some value, and if there is no value at least i can laugh at certain posts.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm a fan of the ignore thread option. Sometimes you just know a thread is dumb and is going to blow up and you just don't need the hens cackling at the top of the page every time you refresh.

Basically any new Star Wars thread.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Kamina

Golden Boy
The ignore feature needs an optional ignore reason text field.
I keep forgetting why i put people on ignore, and whyile i know that they most lokely deserve their spot, i’d prefer to write it down.

Fake

The ignore feature needs an optional ignore reason text field.
I keep forgetting why i put people on ignore, and whyile i know that they most lokely deserve their spot, i’d prefer to write it down.
Not only that, but a more refine function. Don't matter if you ignore the guy in particular, both the forum behavior will show all the thread the ignored person make (only when you enter in the section, the ignored thread will disappear, not only by subsectors, but in the 'top threading threads' ang 'gif posts' as well.

Nymphae

Banned
I would use functionality that allowed one to ignore a user while still being able to see the threads they create in forum lists without manually unhiding them at the bottom of the page, then having to scroll up and scan for those.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Never use this feature even when I feel I want to, it’s great to have this option but even the people that have opposing views should have a outlet no matter how crazy it is.

V2Tommy

I ignore every thread title that spells its incorrectly because that makes me crazy. This feature helps!

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Never use this feature even when I feel I want to, it’s great to have this option but even the people that have opposing views should have a outlet no matter how crazy it is.
What about the bots? Do they deserve an outlet?

Nymphae

Banned
Yes, being educated and highly literate in a forum where the primary means of communication being written text makes me a Nazi. Checks out.

No placing a high degree of importance on something 95% of people observably don't care about makes you insufferable it's easy to understand

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
This is good. I banned myself from the politics section which means now I don't see the whole section on my main page

Now Palliasso Palliasso lets make that posting a picture directly without uploading to a different website happen please 🤘🏼
Makes two of us. I love GAF but politics gets me all stressed out and whiny. So, I ignore it. By ignoring you don't miss anyone off, so it's kind of a win-win in my book. I'm the only one in my family like this. I have 3 adult siblings who are obsessed with fighting over politics and my parents, too. I opted-out over a decade ago. For me, Game Discussion, Communities, and Off-Topic are all I need. 😎

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Yes , they will enslave us soon enough anyway .

wVFs1Nn.jpg
I've always wondered ... Why do robots/machines/etc only ever really have vision systems in the traditional facial area? They should have cameras all over the place, with completely spherical awareness. Really poor design.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Yes, being educated and highly literate in a forum where the primary means of communication being written text makes me a Nazi. Checks out.

Aaand he doubles down on the gimmick... not completely unexpected, but still disappointing. Budrick, you insufferable cunt, get back to me when you’re done with the joke character and you’re ready for some sexy fun time. Until then, please kindly and ever-so-gently lick the balls.

Top Bottom