• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Golf Super Rush Trailer

Daymos

Yay golf.. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

vGDrOe3.jpg

Kuranghi

Yay golf.. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

vGDrOe3.jpg

"...any time I hear a modern gamer say “That’s not my sort of thing” I end up sighing. Back then, it was all our sort of things. True gaming sluts, we were up for anything."

I was a total hoebag, I dislike pretty much all sports but I put 100s of hours into Sensible Soccer. Forget about the theme and just see if its a fun game to play, its not going to be anything like real golf. No sports game really has anything to do with actually doing the thing in real life apart from the theme, so if you hate golf because its boring or you aren't good at it IRL then this won't be anything like that.

Have you ever played a golf game? They're pretty fun if you like aiming and timed button presses which is pretty much what most games are.

Kuranghi

I'm happy to see Pauline in the base roster, hopefully this means she'll be appearing in more spin-off titles.

Her special shot is pretty cool:

Chargin' Chuck as well:

Cheers for posting those, I think I'm going to get this and try and get my parents and sister + her family into it, would be great fun for family meets I'm sure. Has tons of character and the image quality looks a lot better than the first trailer I saw where it was a crust-festival.

This looks like it'll be a ton of fun, Speed Golf look like an outright riot.

Honestly I think Nintendo's Golf games going back to the NES have consistently been great and this looks to be keeping that going.

Bragr

Banned
This actually looks great, wasn't that hyped for it but that running and golfing mode looks really fun. Hopefully, this can bring back some respect to the Mario sports games, the Tennis game was a bit disappointing.

jigglet

Banned
I just had a horrible thought.

As someone who loved Wii Golf, what if the motion controls suck?

I was looking forward to playing Mario Tennis with motion controls but they botched it so hard.

Fingers crossed it’s got good motion controls. PLEASE!!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nintendo's new Mario Golf game for Switch injects even more action into the sport.

Mario Golf: Super Rush will release on June 25th exclusively for Nintendo Switch. This is the first full Mario Golf game since Mario Golf: World Tour on the Nintendo 3DS, and the first home console Mario Golf game since Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the Nintendo GameCube.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I played a ton of Toadstool Tour on the GameCube, this does interest me... Also the GBC one was brilliant with the RPG elements.

Intoxicate

This actually looks great, wasn't that hyped for it but that running and golfing mode looks really fun. Hopefully, this can bring back some respect to the Mario sports games, the Tennis game was a bit disappointing.
The Tennis game was really bad. Very distracting special moves ruined the gameplay for me. Hope they keep the controls intuitive with Golf.

Top Bottom