• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel Game Starring Captain America and Black Panther From Amy Hennig Announced

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's official now at least.

The teaser implies the game will take place across two locations, likely Paris and Wakanda, and star four heroes. While two of them will be Captain America and Black Panther, we also get a look at Howling Commandos member Gabriel Jones and Nanali, the leader of the Wakandan Spy Network.

20220909_162905.jpg

Last edited:
So four player co-op action game? That could be fun. Or maybe no co-op and it'll still be fun.

[edit] "At different parts in the story." Okay, so I guess no co-op it is.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Do they know they can't do what Insomniac does and release a CG trailer only? They have no pedigree at all even with Amy. Fucking buffoons.

watch it look like ass when its actually shown

Do they know they can't do what Insomniac does and release a CG trailer only? They have no pedigree at all even with Amy. Fucking buffoons.

I hope that won't be the case, but yeah, CG announcement trailers with no gameplay are lame.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Trailer wasn't CG. But in-engine.

Yoboman

4 player co op with multiple heros makes me instantly disinterested. Marvel really needs to simplify things and just make singular hero games

Everything they are making is some lame cross over or team up and yet Wolverine and Spiderman will outsell them all.

Id be much more interested in a focused Captain America, Black Panther or Iron Man done right

Fbh

The setting sounds interesting, and I'd be nice if Amy actually released a new game for once. But I'll have to see way more.

Also who wants to play as two randos instead of Captain America and Black Panther? I hope they aren't like the terrible MJ and Miles sequences in Spiderman ps4.

Yoboman

Next time don't guess, read.
Read what? They've given zero details, just an image indicating all 4 characters of equal status. Looks like the exact sort of framing on coop games

VWO3f2j.jpg

Could be purely single player with 4 characters, but still has the same issue I was talking about

Banjo64

cumsessed
(Not including Spider-Man/Wolverine)

All of these Marvel tie ins should have been released around the time of end game or before.

Feels to me that they’ve missed the boat massively.

Last edited:

Doom85

Unless they are pulling an Infinity War with fake stuff the soldier is Gabriel Jones and the spy is Nanali.

I could see them keeping his inclusion under wraps as either a later reveal to keep hype up prior to release. But at the same time, maybe the powers in charge didn’t let them use Wolverine since he’s getting his own game soon? I know that sounds bizarre, but similar baffling decisions have happened before: https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Bat-embargo (though I agree with Bruce Timm, I think it was nice that the Justice League cartoon could focus on other villains)

Last edited:

Salz01

I think Amy is great, but this just seems disjointed. Either make a Black Panther game or make a Captain America game. This just seems like a hodgepodge of ideas and characters.

Cock of War

The setting sounds interesting, and I'd be nice if Amy actually released a new game for once. But I'll have to see way more.

Also who wants to play as two randos instead of Captain America and Black Panther? I hope they aren't like the terrible MJ and Miles sequences in Spiderman ps4.

Betting the soldier is Wolverine.

It's not.

Unless they are pulling an Infinity War with fake stuff the soldier is Gabriel Jones and the spy is Nanali.

I could see them keeping his inclusion under wraps as either a later reveal to keep hype up prior to release. But at the same time, maybe the powers in charge didn’t let them use Wolverine since he’s getting his own game soon? I know that sounds bizarre, but similar baffling decisions have happened before: https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Bat-embargo (though I agree with Bruce Timm, I think it was nice that the Justice League cartoon could focus on other villains)

How could they have a Captain America WW2 set game and not include Wolverine? Come on guys, Im not joking, get real.

Who the fudge is Gabriel Jones? What about Bucky?

(Edit: Apparently Gabriel Jones is a paintball range director)

Last edited:

Hugare

Can't think of a more boring premisse than this

Both Captain America and BP are meh superheroes, and they are teaming up with "*check notes* ... Gabriel Jones and ... Nanali?

Make a game about one character so you can develop his story and moveset (Spider-man, Wolverine, upcoming Woderwoman game etc.). Seems unfocused.

But I hope the best for Amy Hennig, she havent launched a game for more than a decade now. Bad luck all the time.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Skydance New Media and Marvel Entertainment’s upcoming narrative-driven, ensemble adventure game set in the Marvel Universe, which marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio, features an original story that will take players on a World War II-era adventure with four playable heroes at different points in the story:

• A young Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America
  • Azzuri, T’Challa’s grandfather and the World War II-era Black Panther
  • Gabriel Jones, a U.S. soldier and member of the Howling Commandos
  • Nanali, leader of the fledgling Wakandan Spy Network
Players can look forward to intuitive controls and exhilarating second-to-second gameplay that captures the action and excitement of Marvel, inspired by landmark comics, television, and films, as they navigate this all-new globe-trotting adventure.

Skydance New Media president Amy Hennig said:
“We’re so grateful for all the enthusiasm and support we’ve received from fans, and we’re thrilled to finally unveil a first glimpse of the game during this year’s D23 Expo. Marvel has been an incredible partner throughout the creative process as we develop an original story and build an exciting new team of characters. We hope fans are intrigued by this sneak peek, and we’re excited to share more down the road.”

Marvel Games vice president and creative director Bill Rosemann said:
“Our D23 Expo reveal is only the beginning of the action-packed adventure awaiting Marvel fans. Amy and the Skydance New Media team have a deep love and respect for our characters, have poured themselves into the core comic book inspiration, and will harness their incredible storytelling skills to craft an all-new, thrilling narrative experience. Stay tuned over the next months as we’ll share additional looks at our four heroes, two worlds, and one war.”

How could they have a Captain America WW2 set game and not include Wolverine? Come on guys, Im not joking, get real.

Who the fudge is Gabriel Jones? What about Bucky?

(Edit: Apparently Gabriel Jones is a paintball range director)

You can be as serious as you want. Those are the four playable characters as per Skydance media. Better move to the acceptance stage right now.

Why is Wolverine not in the game? I don't know. I don't know the story of the game. The story might not call for it.

Top Bottom