• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel Game to be Announced May 19 2022

ArcaneNLSC

Marvel will announce a new video game tomorrow, May 19, the company has announced. The reveal will happen at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET, and a brief teaser has been released to hype the reveal.

The teaser video shows the logos for Hong Kong-based publisher Nuverse and Second Dinner, the latter of which is the independent studio from former Hearthstone game director Ben Brode. The studio previously confirmed it was making a Marvel game, and the company retweeted Marvel's announcement, so it sure seems like we'll finally see Second Dinner's Marvel game tomorrow.

Second Dinner describes itself as a "small indie company with big dreams," and releasing a Marvel game as its first title is certainly a big deal.

Whatever the new Marvel game is, we'll report back with all the details. It'll be just the latest Marvel game in the works, adding to 2022's Marvel's Midnight Suns from Firaxis and Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 in 2023 for PS5. Insomniac is also making a Wolverine game based on the Marvel property.

Additionally, Uncharted veteran Amy Hennig is making a Marvel game (in addition to a Star Wars title) at Skydance's new gaming division.

ANIMAL1975

Animated GIF

I'm betting this is going to be a mobile f2p card game. Do people even get excited for mobile games like that? Playing mobile games seems more like a guilty pleasure type of shit for the average person these days.

Batiman

Banned
All of those studio names look awful.

Nothing about this is exciting right now.amazing actually….

Is this a Marvel Smash Bros?

It might be a NFT based game, that would me just amazing.

It's probably F2P anyway.
A marvel smash bros would be amazing actually…

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

It's amazing marvel still thinks anyone cares for riri williams, america chavez has a likable MCU version, but nobody cared about her comic run either.
The reveal better show something way better than these two.

Robb

Gold Member
Ben Brode seem like a cool dude. I imagine this will be some kind of F2P game though, which sounds very uninteresting..

Soodanim

Amy Hennig gives me hope, but when I hear “Marvel game” I think “Destined failure”. One good thing about Sony having the Spider-Man license is that Spidey escapes the Marvel game curse/stigma.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
After seeing the video yeah, it does give a mobile vibe.

And who is this "iron woman"? You know what? Forget it...

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Still it's a no for me. It's basically female iron-man trying to look different because it uses a different name
she pretty much is female iron man; there have been many other female iron "men" in the past, with the most "popular" one being Rescue (pepper potts), she's also in the MCU.
But Ironheart (riri williams) is the only one that is a super genius like stark, and she built her own suit from parts she salvaged from some outdated suits iron man suits.
She also kinda became stark's successor after civil war 2, after captain marvel (carol) punched him into a coma.
This is where the dislike for her stems from, she was basically a replacement for stark while he was dead/coma, but just didn't connect as a character; just a badly written nothingburger of character meant to fill stark's shoes.

Her best moment is probably when she gets cocky and attacks thanos, but gets completely wrecked in like 2 panels, which leaves her with PTSD lol.

Last edited:

Teslerum

It's amazing marvel still thinks anyone cares for riri williams, america chavez has a likable MCU version, but nobody cared about her comic run either.
The reveal better show something way better than these two.
I take it further. Can't stand the character of Ironheart.

Top Bottom