• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Member Rush!

iHaunter

Welcome show.

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

FunkMiller

Gold Member
ChatGPT: Please write a 200 word welcome message to new members of NeoGAF, using the words 'green rats' as much as possible.

Welcome, new members of NeoGAF! We are thrilled to have you join our community of green rat enthusiasts. Here, you will find a diverse group of individuals who share a passion for all things related to green rats. Whether you are a seasoned green rat expert or just starting to explore the world of these fascinating creatures, you will find a welcoming and supportive community here.One of the great things about NeoGAF is the wealth of knowledge and information shared among our members. From discussions on the latest green rat research to tips and tricks for caring for your own green rats, there is something for everyone. Our community also provides a platform for sharing photos and videos of our beloved green rats, allowing us to appreciate their unique beauty and personalities.

We also encourage our members to participate in discussions and debates on various green rat-related topics. We believe that open and honest dialogue is essential for fostering a better understanding of green rats and their place in the world. In addition to our online community, we also host regular meet-ups and events where members can come together to share their love of green rats in person. Whether you are looking to adopt a green rat, meet other green rat owners, or simply learn more about these amazing creatures, NeoGAF is the place to be.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This is my personal Welcome to the 1000.
Welcome to NeoGAF.
As long as you don't slant/torpedo into any one direction, remain nimble, thoughtful, open-minded and eloquent, critical thinking... I think we'll get along GREAT!
Also, gonna gift Random GOLD. Soon, to new users. As a way to say Thanks for joining and to encourage a resub to Gold, as a way to help the site in a small way.

Enjoy your stay. I look forward to seeing what you guys contribute.

DavidGzz

Hmmm, not sure this is a good thing for all of them. If they share some ideas of that hivemind over there. We'll see. Welcome to the normal ones.

Ar¢tos

Dear new members, all I ask of you is:
Please give us some glorious meltdowns when (if) you leave to return to the pink hair place.
I live for the drama!

Welcome! I used to frequent Resetera too, a senseless ban sent me this way and I’ve never been happier with a gaming forum. It’s a great community that leaves out the bullshit and sticks to gaming discussion. What a novel concept!

Considering the mass influx, let me guess - Forspoken and Hogwarts Legacy?

k_trout

"Is everybody in? Is everybody in? Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin. The entertainment for this evening is not new, you've seen this entertainment through and through you have seen your birth, your life, your death....you may recall all the rest."

AZn2maQ.gif

FrozenFlame

Welcome! I used to frequent Resetera too, a senseless ban sent me this way and I’ve never been happier with a gaming forum. It’s a great community that leaves out the bullshit and sticks to gaming discussion. What a novel concept!

Considering the mass influx, let me guess - Forspoken and Hogwarts Legacy?
Wait, what? Is Forspoken a banned subject in the purple hivemind? Did I miss something?

Bergoglio

They kicked me out because I dared to criticize Schreirer's modus operandi. If I don't agree with a person, should I be turned away? Go fuck yourself. Why are humans so vile, disgusting and mean, dominant creatures? I hope they fail miserably and that the few prominent figures come and write here. There's a healthy community here.

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

They kicked me out because I dared to criticize Schreirer's modus operandi. If I don't agree with a person, should I be turned away? Go fuck yourself. Why are humans so vile, disgusting and mean, dominant creatures? I hope they fail miserably and that the few prominent figures come and write here. There's a healthy community here.
Resetera slid towards cult-like autocracy a few years back. Under the rubric of tolerance and compassion all dissent, discussion and difference of opinion has been quashed and the only safe way to post is to pronounce the correct shibboleths ad nauseum. They might style themselves as 'liberal' but nothing could be further from it: in thought as in genetics, exposure to varying ideas and opinions from different groups makes for a robust and healthy intellect - Resetera and many other spaces like it are indulging in a sort of intellectual inbreeding where every idea you encounter is a close relative of your own.

nush

Gold Member
Resetera slid towards cult-like autocracy a few years back. Under the rubric of tolerance and compassion all dissent, discussion and difference of opinion has been quashed and the only safe way to post is to pronounce the correct shibboleths ad nauseum. They might style themselves as 'liberal' but nothing could be further from it: in thought as in genetics, exposure to varying ideas and opinions from different groups makes for a robust and healthy intellect - Resetera and many other spaces like it are indulging in a sort of intellectual inbreeding where every idea you encounter is a close relative of your own.

It's the Stanford prison experiment of forums.

Lurker turned member here, thanks for approving my membership. (y)

Same here! Been lurking since early 2021, decided to create an account in late 2022, and here I am in early 2023.

This forum has a culture of active discussion, and also a refreshing variety of viewpoints that are sorely lacking in too many areas of the modern internet. I hope to add one more viewpoint to the mix :D

Osthyvel

I just found out the Era is own by s Swedish company? That explains a lot if so is the case... I am a Swede myself and we here on the north side of the globe is taking the lead in cancel culture, woke and that stuff...

All i want, is a place were i can discuss video games, have fun, and were people actually can have different opinions, and this feels like that place ♥️

Tams

Gold Member
Eh... Kinda...
Well, that one topic got banned because it just got far too toxic. As in, properly toxic, not the nonsense the wokies consider toxic.

The mods have enough work keeping the lid on the console warriors.

Ar¢tos

Well, that one topic got banned because it just got far too toxic. As in, properly toxic, not the nonsense the wokies consider toxic.

The mods have enough work keeping the lid on the console warriors.
I was thinking more in general the discussions in the off topic forum can get really heated. Sometimes it's best to keep not to post REALLY strong opinions.

Top Bottom