• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pandora Tomorrow Maps are up

They're good.

I played each once, though we didn't actually play, we just looked around. The bank is awesome. The spys can hack off the lights, open doors in the vault, and do all sorts of crazy stuff. It's a very spy-oriented map.

On the other hand, the Mall is very merc-oriented. For the spys there are gons of vents to crawl around. But there is much open space for merc to work in.

Both maps are huge. I'm so glad I paid the $5. This has totally gotten me back into the game. I haven't played in like a month and a half.

KarishBHR

StrikerObi said:
They're good.

I played each once, though we didn't actually play, we just looked around. The bank is awesome. The spys can hack off the lights, open doors in the vault, and do all sorts of crazy stuff. It's a very spy-oriented map.

On the other hand, the Mall is very merc-oriented. For the spys there are gons of vents to crawl around. But there is much open space for merc to work in.

Both maps are huge. I'm so glad I paid the $5. This has totally gotten me back into the game. I haven't played in like a month and a half.

The video I saw of the new maps agrees with you

Kuroyume

Banned
I had more fun on the mall one so far because I was being a total dick and kept shocking my own partner. I also blocked him from one of the exists, and a merc got him... lol. After purchasing the maps I felt kinda stupid because I havn't played the game in so long and I am busy having just started Skies of Arcadia, but I feel like getting back into the game just to screw around since I don't care about points anymore. $5 isn't much I guess... I can waste that much renting a crappy game...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Definitely going to be downloading these tonight. :)

How is Splinter Cell on PC, anyway? I assume everyone uses controllers, but how does it work without voice chat?

dream

The PC version also supports voice chat but it's not a total necessity since you can use say and teamsay to type. No ranking system or downloadable content, apparently, but it controls a lot better with KB/mouse.

Bog

Junior Ace
dream said:
The PC version also supports voice chat but it's not a total necessity since you can use say and teamsay to type. No ranking system or downloadable content, apparently, but it controls a lot better with KB/mouse.

Maybe the Merc controls better on PC, but Spy? No.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I can't imagine playing this without voice. Typing isn't fast enough when your moving too. That said I suck at it anyway.

Kinda sucks that these are pay maps (thinking of all the Rainbow Maps).

I've played them both a few times.

1) MALL

The mall is enormous. I think its a cross between Vertigo Plaza, the museum, and the Cinema. Its like all three maps were pasted together into one map. There are two sides - the Cinema like side and the Vertigo Plaza/Museum side.

The cinema side is is in the mall area - no cameras, little light, very easy for the spies to get the bottom ND113. The other ND113 in the Video Game Store is a lot harder - your back is turned, its very bright, you're a sitting duck.

The other half is much like Vertigo Plaza/Museum in that there are cameras all over the place and there are the laser trips from the ceiling in front of the ND113s. This side is so much more difficult than the mall side (this side is more like an office area for the mall). There are 3 ND113s on this side with the "office" ND113 being the easiest to get (you're very protected). The other two are out in the open and can be gaurded from a distance by frags.

2) Bank

I think the bank is heavily scewed to the mercs. As a spy you can turn off the lights and turn of the mercs' EMP visor, but it still doesn't help. The ND113s are very close together much like in the Warehouse. However, these are more accessable with two sets of stairs. There are four in this room. They can be easily gaurded if the mercs can set up the room quickly. Once the spies get one of them, the door to the vault opens and they have to get one of three in a very similar, very tight room to win downstairs (the spies only have to get 2/2).

Downstairs the spies can hack the lights again and that does help a ton. Its extremely dark for the mercs if that does happen. I think the game for the spies can be won if they can get down here. But, getting down here is a big problem.

Overall, the mall is the better map of the two and could be the best map of the game next to the Cinema.

aerofx

That really sucks, there needs to be an update for the Mercs to be able to fix lights, cameras or anything that the Spies can disable. As for the maps, I'll pass on them. I have so much fun on the regular maps as it is.

epmode

Forsete said:
$5 for 2 maps? What a joke.

Never, I have already paid full price for the game.
your loss. the mall alone makes the download worth it. might be the best map in the game.

Yeah give me a break. You guys blow $5 on an issue of Club but won't pay for two maps? I garauntee you'd get more enjoyment out of two new maps than you would with a five dollar game rental.

That said, I'm with Dreamer on this one. Very nice descriptions there, bro. We'll have to hook up again tonight or over the weekend or something. Times like this make me wish I could skip work and stay home all day to enjoy the new maps.

Bebpo

Banned
I would get the maps but I've still never even seen all 8 of the ones that came with it :(

I think all the games I played during the 1st week I spent online with it were all in the first 2-3 maps :\

Top Bottom