• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New photo of Master Chief in the Paramount+ Halo series

ManaByte

The Paramount+ drama (premiering later this year) is a "classic hero's journey" — one that promises to "crack the veneer" of this popular game character, says Schreiber. "It takes place very much in the universe that the video games created, but it's a it's a TV show. We get to expand that universe and create stories in it. There's going to be some new characters that are introduced, there's going to be a lot of familiar characters that everyone will know from the game."

LordCBH

This shows going to be really good. Shame I can’t see it cause I am not paying for yet another streaming service….

Markio128

Nice suit. You never know, it might actually be good. With how engaging The Mandalorian was, having a helmet hero can work. Though nobody will beat Dark Helmet for me haha
Go Dark Helmet GIF

jakinov

This shows going to be really good. Shame I can’t see it cause I am not paying for yet another streaming service….
Paramount+ is just a rebrand of a streaming service that's been around before Disney+ and HBO Max, Apple TV+, and Peacock. So it's not really "yet another". It's one of the originals that went through a major rebrand.

It's interesting that when it comes to movies and TV people don't care about the sustainability and variety in the industry and want everything consolidated, no ads (i.e. no third parties pouring in billions of dollars to indirectly fund these shows) and that it has to be dirt cheap. But when it comes to gaming everyone like how is Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc. going to survive if they just lety you pay a meager subscription fee to access their games; and when you have publishers buying out and consolidating they get worried.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Paramount+ is just a rebrand of a streaming service that's been around before Disney+ and HBO Max, Apple TV+, and Peacock. So it's not really "yet another". It's one of the originals that went through a major rebrand.

It's interesting that when it comes to movies and TV people don't care about the sustainability and variety in the industry and want everything consolidated, no ads (i.e. no third parties pouring in billions of dollars to indirectly fund these shows) and that it has to be dirt cheap. But when it comes to gaming everyone like how is Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc. going to survive if they just lety you pay a meager subscription fee to access their games; and when you have publishers buying out and consolidating they get worried.
it is? What service did it replace? Are you talking about CBS All Access? If so I dont really feel that counts...

Last edited:

Jennings

I hope he doesn't wear the helmet the whole time. It would be nice if he only utilizes it for season finales and stuff.

ssringo

Cool but he better stay in the helmet unless he's relaxing off duty. Drives me up the wall when suited up heroes wear everything but the mask/helmet because we "need to see" the actor's face.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Its a shame this show isn't on a more popular service that is available worldwide like Netflix, how am I meant to watch this, when paramount doesn't exist in the UK :/

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Cool but he better stay in the helmet unless he's relaxing off duty. Drives me up the wall when suited up heroes wear everything but the mask/helmet because we "need to see" the actor's face.
Case in point. The Mandalorian. Good show, but Pedro's whining to "see his face" and when the face shot came, I almost spit my drink out laughing at how clown he looked in that scene.

tmlDan

Its a shame this show isn't on a more popular service that is available worldwide like Netflix, how am I meant to watch this, when paramount doesn't exist in the UK :/
Doesn't the UK have alternatives? Like in Canada we have them on different streaming services depending on who got the rights.

Example: Maybe it'll be on Netflix UK because they got the rights due to Paramount+ not being there.

Last edited:

I hope the next Halo has in-game visuals this good.

Is this going to be available on gamepass?

Would be cool if GP subs got at least a preview of the 1st episode to watch, but otherwise I think this is strictly Paramount+.

Oh shit. Nick Sabotka from the Wire is Master Chief? Wow. Ive always wondered why he didnt appear in more tv shows. Saw him in Orange is the new Black but its great to see him get a lead role.

Didn't even notice this! Liked him in The Wire, haven't seen him since.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Paramount+ is launching in the UK through Sky and should be available by the time the show premieres.

GrayDock

Was lucky that my internet provider (Vivo Fiber - Brazil) gave me Paramount+ for 'free'. But it's a trash app, my Samsung TV doesn't have it, so I have to use an old 1080p chromecast to use it and it doesn't suport any surround sound, only stereo...
I'll watch the show even not being a Halo fan, but watching it is important IMO, so other game inspired shows can be made. Would kill for a Metal Gear or Splinter Cell live action show.

jakinov

it is? What service did it replace? Are you talking about CBS All Access? If so I dont really feel that counts...
Why wouldn't it count? It's a rebrand of CBS-All-Access. If you paid for CBS-All-Access you get Paramount+. Hit CBS All Access button it opens paramount+. The same company, only difference is bigger scope and new name.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Why wouldn't it count? It's a rebrand of CBS-All-Access. If you paid for CBS-All-Access you get Paramount+. Hit CBS All Access button it opens paramount+. The same company, only difference is bigger scope and new name.

It always felt like more of that hybrid approach some networks tried of hosting *some* of their content online, not replacing the need for TV service but adding on to it. The fact they gated many of their best shows to only the active season, while missing tons of shows, relegated the service to absolute junk statues. Paramount+ seems like a legit service, CBS AA never did.

jakinov

It always felt like more of that hybrid approach some networks tried of hosting *some* of their content online, not replacing the need for TV service but adding on to it. The fact they gated many of their best shows to only the active season, while missing tons of shows, relegated the service to absolute junk statues. Paramount+ seems like a legit service, CBS AA never did.
That's just a bunch of complaints about the service and how it used to be different. Doesn't really change that it's the same service but better. It's the same company. Not a new competitor who came in and wants people to spend an additional XYZ for a new service which the original guy was complaining about.

Just realised this is go to Network 10 down under, which has shithouse streaming quality. Glad Foxtel in October announced direct Paramount+ app support for next year. Fingers cross that goes live before this show comes out.

Top Bottom