• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(New player here) I want to give a thumbs up for Cyberpunk 2077.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Before the flaming or mindless bashing of the game, I am not excusing what they did. Releasing unfinished games is becoming a real cancer in the gaming market so the publisher and the developer share blame for that. With that said, The developer has updated the game enough to where it is a good game if your playing on pc/ps5/xsx. Again I understand the saltiness of it releasing unfinished or if you purchased it trying to play it on xbox one or ps4. No Man's sky was forgiven so many Cyberpunk 2077?

I want to say I waited til the PS5 native update. I bought the ps4 version on the cheap about 6 months ago and waited til this week to play it. 8 hours in and the game runs buttery smooth. Playing in performance rt mode the game runs pretty much flawless. I admit the game crashed 1 time, but outside of that I can't even see a frame being skipped. Action scenes with tons of bullets and enemies and no slow down I can see. The game is actually good IMO.

I tried to start it again after my silly launch day purchase on a base ps4, I still can't play it and not be annoyed by its state. I do feel I'll really like it whenever I can find a PS5.

I pre-ordered the game on the XSX and played it when it was first released. I really enjoyed the game and didn't understand why people were being so critical of it.

fast forward about a year and I finally go around to playing to TW2 and TW3.

after playing TW3, I get why so many people were disappointed. Yes, Cyberpunk is a good game IMO. but the TW3 is the greatest video game I've ever played.

had I played TW3 prior to Cyberpunk, my expectations would have been insanely high, and I do understand why so many people were disappointed with the game. Cyberpunk is just a worst game than TW3 in so, so, so many ways.

in it's own bubble, I think Cyberpunk isn't a bad game at all and one that I really enjoyed. Compared to TW3? makes you really wonder wtf happened along the way.

Ev1L AuRoN

I pre-ordered the game on steam and had a blast day one, I did find some bugs, however I was able to finish the campaign with no major issues, the RT in the game is amazing.
I believe the only people who really had a chance to truly enjoy that game on launch day were RTX owners. The rest had to deal with some major issues.

Chronicle

Agree. I finished it today. The campaign was short, just the way I like them. I will return to fo more side quests, gigs and explore. Not the most interesting ending for me based on my choices but I thought was still well done. Been listening to the song all day. Hope others get to enjoy it.

Kagero

This is why you should never listen to the internet and just wait until you play the game to pass judgement. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run in to people who’ve trashed the game that have never played it. They are just regurgitating what a large majority is saying. Hive mind at its best. Played it with the bugs and still loved it because it a damn phenomenal game.

Leyasu

Banned
I bought it on sale after the 1.5 patch. I personally think that is an amazing game.

I have only just started a bit of the main story after more than 50hrs of gigs and side missions. I'm hooked

ManaByte

Gold Member
Agree. I finished it today. The campaign was short, just the way I like them. I will return to fo more side quests, gigs and explore. Not the most interesting ending for me based on my choices but I thought was still well done. Been listening to the song all day. Hope others get to enjoy it.

It's short but the story is so good for a Cyberpunk game.

Before the flaming or mindless bashing of the game, I am not excusing what they did. Releasing unfinished games is becoming a real cancer in the gaming market so the publisher and the developer share blame for that. With that said, The developer has updated the game enough to where it is a good game if your playing on pc/ps5/xsx. Again I understand the saltiness of it releasing unfinished or if you purchased it trying to play it on xbox one or ps4. No Man's sky was forgiven so many Cyberpunk 2077?

I want to say I waited til the PS5 native update. I bought the ps4 version on the cheap about 6 months ago and waited til this week to play it. 8 hours in and the game runs buttery smooth. Playing in performance rt mode the game runs pretty much flawless. I admit the game crashed 1 time, but outside of that I can't even see a frame being skipped. Action scenes with tons of bullets and enemies and no slow down I can see. The game is actually good IMO.
Aren't you the guy trashing on Elden Ring?

Then, your opinion means nothing to me!

Justin9mm

I'm really loving the PS5 version of CP2077 but I flicked over to play GTAV on PS5 and the character models on GTAV look much better to me imo. Some of the character model faces in CP are really fucking jarring, it's such a weird game where it looks so good at times and really really bad other times. It's not consistent at all.

Last edited:

Komatsu

I'm biased, of course, as I was the one who created the original OP with three other folks, but the game's release, the sheer hype around it, etc was the most fun I've had here at GAF since the exodus. It's a great game - fairly buggy, yes, but ambitious and fun.

Kagey K

Banned
It was great when it released and got even better after the next gen patches.

The internet loves to shit on stuff and if you listen to it (or them) you will never have any fun.

SkylineRKR

Its a very fun game set into a Cyberpunk narrative. But compared to witcher, this is incredibly shallow. There isn't much to do besides gigs, sidejobs and main stories which are all the same anyway. The story was surprisingly short, I beat the game after 40 hours after doing a decent chunk of sidequests. Choices don't matter, quest design isn't that spectacular. Most NPC are irrelevant as well.

Cyberpunk has nothing on TW3. Its easily twice as short and there is nothing to do outside of combat. No creating mastercraft sets, not upgrading your vehicle, no gwent like game, no three way romance that has consequences. Its like most resources went into designing a huge city and then they quickly had to create content for it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
its an incredible game, and I will be going back as soon as I am done with Elden Ring. I'm about 40 hours in and loving it.

TissueBox

Tbh, I think Cyberpunk is the best thing CDPR's ever done since TW2. And I've only ever played it on -- yes, that's right -- Xbox One, two years ago now, and haven't touched it since..!!

Imo, it was the best open-world game of 2020 next to Ghost of Tsushima and one of only three in recent memory that felt like it transcended the formulaic familiarity of the genre (the other two being RDR2 and Elden Ring). I am a stan, ah man.

Terribly flawed. But unforgettably written and presented, detail permeating from the sleek deluge of lights all the way to the culture soaked, larger-than-life and down to earth character dialogue alike. If you're so privy, it will swallow you into its world until the credits roll. Sure digested me!

Last edited:
Top Bottom