• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Now games for April 2022 Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
FPgeNsuXMAMuzEc

• Outer Wilds
  • WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Werewolf The Apocalypse - Earthblood

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ps now is a program if the game list isn’t healthy like those games it will struggle Sony has to establish games for the program.

Some people love it, some don't. I gave it a shot and found it extremely boring and uninteresting to even explore.

I'll probably give it another shot sometime, but probably just not for me.
That's how I felt. Got it because everyone seemed in love with it. Played it once and then never played it again. Nothing interesting or unique about it. Atmosphere, world building, gameplay. All of it seemed mediocre. At least to me.

Vognerful

I tried outer wilds but it did not click with me. But I still everyone to try it based on what I heard of the game.

Didn't obsedian hire the guy who made the game as a writer?

SSfox

This is why sub services stinks. The ratio there will be a great game you'll be intereted in, and that you didn't bought or play yet is less than 1%

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I played Werewolf on XSX. It’s janky as fuck but a decent waste of time to thrash some early 2000s quality enemies.

Fbh

I encourage anyone who has Now to at least try the Outer Wilds.

It's not for everyone and it won't click with many of you. But for those that it does click it's one of the most amazing games from last gen.

So how good is Outer Wilds, really.....?

For me it's easily one of the top 5 games from last gen, but it's not for everyone.

The premise is that you are trapped in a time loop and you have to figure out why it's happening to you, how to break the loop as well as what happened to the ancient civilization that left ruins all around the solar system.
You do so mainly by exploring multiple small planets which all have their own unique features and internal systems and by finding information left behind by the extinct aliens. So you might get stuck in one planet but then you can go explore another one and there you might find what you needed to progress.

There's no fighting or action, it's all pure exploration based and the game doesn't really hold your hand. So the puzzle element comes from piecing together the different information yourself and figuring out a way to progress.

I'll put what IMO really sets it apart in spoilers because I think the best part is discovering it yourself, but I won't spoil any specific puzzles:
What's really amazing about the game is that progression is entirely based around information, you progress by discovering how different aspects and systems of the world and of each individual planet work. Sometimes by finding text left behind by the aliens, other times by just exploration and observing the world and figuring out how each planet works.
There's a ton of cool interconnected system which are all there from the very beginning, you just haven't discovered or learned about them yet. At first you'll run into obstacles that you seemingly can't get past and you'll assume that just like 99% of other games you need to find some upgrade or new gear that will allow you to progress. But that's pretty much never the case, there's always an in world solution. You'll be 10 hours into this 15ish game and be like "wait I can do that?".

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I encourage anyone who has Now to at least try the Outer Wilds.

It's not for everyone and it won't click with many of you. But for those that it does click it's one of the most amazing games from last gen.

For me it's easily one of the top 5 games from last gen, but it's not for everyone.

The premise is that you are trapped in a time loop and you have to figure out why it's happening to you, how to break the loop as well as what happened to the ancient civilization that left ruins all around the solar system.
You do so mainly by exploring multiple small planets which all have their own unique features and internal systems and by finding information left behind by the extinct aliens. So you might get stuck in one planet but then you can go explore another one and there you might find what you needed to progress.

There's no fighting or action, it's all pure exploration based and the game doesn't really hold your hand. So the puzzle element comes from piecing together the different information yourself and figuring out a way to progress.

I'll put what IMO really sets it apart in spoilers because I think the best part is discovering it yourself, but I won't spoil any specific puzzles:
What's really amazing about the game is that progression is entirely based around information, you progress by discovering how different aspects and systems of the world and of each individual planet work. Sometimes by finding text left behind by the aliens, other times by just exploration and observing the world and figuring out how each planet works.
There's a ton of cool interconnected system which are all there from the very beginning, you just haven't discovered or learned about them yet. At first you'll run into obstacles that you seemingly can't get past and you'll assume that just like 99% of other games you need to find some upgrade or new gear that will allow you to progress. But that's pretty much never the case, there's always an in world solution. You'll be 10 hours into this 15ish game and be like "wait I can do that?".

Welp! Since I just got PS Now for $60, I might as well check it out at least.

Reactions: Fbh
Is it one of those games that you need to play for at least 10 hours before you "get to the good stuff"?
No, it becomes interesting almost right away. It's just that its core focus is on exploration and not, for example, cool gameplay mechanics. Some people also don't like the time loop thing, and it's generally very easy to run out of time or miss key time frames to do certain things, which someone might find annoying.

Top Bottom