• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 bundle sends Horizon Forbidden West back to No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Of course bundles bump sales genius. But acting is the only thing is what you clowns (yeah both of you) trying to run with is bullshit. If people didn't want those games that are bundled you'll see bump In sales from games people actually want.
If you buy ps5 today forced bundled with either gt7 or horizon and you didn't want those games you'll definitely buy a game you want hence bumping the sales for those other games as well. So where are they?

Think through mate think through
Not sure why you're so upset about these bundles. Keep fighting the good fight I guess.

Kokoloko85

Some of those pack ins are well after launch, and the Mario Kart 8 was a Black Friday special.
Mario Kart 8 was free pack in since I remember. For ages.
My choice was £280 for the Switch. Or £280 the Switch and Mario Kart 8. Same price. I already played it on the Wii U, so it got played like twice

Yoboman

I'm just thinking how quickly GoW Ragnarok will fly off the shelves when it's released.

I reckon it will surpass Elden Ring sales despite not being multiplatform, especially now that even more people will have the chance to play the original on PS Extra.
Nah, Elden Ring did once in a generation type numbers

horizon sold 20 million units during the ps4 generation which saw the console sales top 120 million. that means only 1 in 6 PS4 owners were interested in the franchise. The problem is pretty simple. You are forcing a game and a 50 pound or $60 surcharge to 5 out of the 6 potential buyers. You are taking advantage of the high PS5 demand to make a quick buck. We shit on gamestop for doing this, but when Sony does it, we defend it. Thats worse than what Sony is doing. At least they are making a good business decision, i dont know what you all gain from defending this shady practice.
Tell the same to Nintendo and MS......

SLB1904

Banned
horizon sold 20 million units during the ps4 generation which saw the console sales top 120 million. that means only 1 in 6 PS4 owners were interested in the franchise. The problem is pretty simple. You are forcing a game and a 50 pound or $60 surcharge to 5 out of the 6 potential buyers. You are taking advantage of the high PS5 demand to make a quick buck. We shit on gamestop for doing this, but when Sony does it, we defend it. Thats worse than what Sony is doing. At least they are making a good business decision, i dont know what you all gain from defending this shady practice.
Don't you get tired of talking nonsense. 1 of 6 person bought the game is different than only 1 out of 6 are interested in the game.

Nintendo does the same with their flagship franchise. Why do you think there is a discrepancies between the top Nintendo exclusives with the botton part?
bRl74tm.jpg

You have deals like this since forever.
When games like astral chain are struggling.

Also you forget the used market
There was a site that used to track the number of players on psn that got shut down it had gow at over 30mil players 2 years ago.

Now we have to justify bundles.
Horizon is a hot new game, people want to play that. If I din't have ps5 I would gladly buy this bundle.
Star wars is also being bundle with ps5 people buy what they want is their money.
You are annoying as hell let me tell you

"Shady practice" the shit you read sometimes

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't you get tired of talking nonsense. 1 of 6 person bought the game is different than only 1 out of 6 are interested in the game.

Nintendo does the same with their flagship franchise. Why do you think there is a discrepancies between the top Nintendo exclusives with the botton part?
bRl74tm.jpg

There was a site that used to track the number of players on psn that got shut down it had gow at over 30mil players 2 years ago.

Horizon is a hot new game, people want to play that. If I din't have ps5 I would gladly buy this bundle.
Star wars is also being bundle with ps5 people buy what they.
Seriously, the mental gymnastics some go through over this trivial shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

bRl74tm.jpg

Star wars is also being bundle with ps5 people buy what they want is their money.

You wrote a lot but failed to make a point. Next time be more coherent.

SLB1904

Banned
Not sure why you're so upset about these bundles. Keep fighting the good fight I guess.
Just type your username and your mate horizon and bundle in the search bar

Let's see how many results come up.

I never thought people would get angry about bundles they're NOT FORCED to buy.

It comes from the people that are always trying to justify exclusive aren't important. You can see pattern here

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
You wrote a lot but failed to make a point. Next time be more coherent.
Nah, they're right. It's more likely a person buy a console that comes with a hot game bundled with it than to buy the console alone. Bundles boost CONSOLE sales. It's not rocket science, since you don't have to take the extra (even if it's easy) step to buy a game after buying the console.

bRl74tm.jpg

I really don’t like bundles when they are packaged with garbage. But this HFW isn’t that.

I had a chance to pick up a PS5 bundle but didn’t because it came with Destruction All Stars. I would have picked it up if it had HFW though. HFW isn’t a bad game.

SlimySnake

Nah, they're right. It's more likely a person buy a console that comes with a hot game bundled with it than to buy the console alone. Bundles boost CONSOLE sales. It's not rocket science, since you don't have to take the extra (even if it's easy) step to buy a game after buying the console.
I dont know how many times I have to say this to you. Bundles that come with FREE games are different than bundles that cost 50 pounds more. It's a very simple easy to digest point. It's not rocket science like you said.

If Sony were being so kind and pro-consumer, they wouldve included this game for free.

So now these bundles are for flop games instead of games people want? Since when?
I don't remember official PS4 bundles with Gravity Rush (at least in Europe)...or a PS5 bundle with Returnal.

The point of these bundles is exactly to be attractive to buyers...not for publishers to unload their unsold stock / codes to customers, lmao.

The mental gymnastics going on around here i swear...

Swift_Star

Banned
I dont know how many times I have to say this to you. Bundles that come with FREE games are different than bundles that cost 50 pounds more. It's a very simple easy to digest point. It's not rocket science like you said.

If Sony were being so kind and pro-consumer, they wouldve included this game for free.
It's still easier to buy the console with the game, even if it's 50 pounds more expensive. How hard is it for you to understand that? It's not rocket science. People are lazy and will always go the easier route.
Also the pro consumer and anti consumer rethoric is BS. This shit doesn't exist. All companies are anti-consumer and will try their best to get your money.

Last edited:
So now these bundles are for flop games instead of games people want? Since when?
I don't remember official PS4 bundles with Gravity Rush (at least in Europe)...or a PS5 bundle with Returnal.

The point of these bundles is exactly to be attractive to buyers...not for publishers to unload their unsold stock / codes to customers, lmao.

The mental gymnastics going on around here i swear...

I guess I bought a horrible bundle then with one of the worst games ever made.

6214530_rd.jpg

Edit: Even though I have a PS5 I’m never getting rid of this Pro.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I guess I bought a horrible bundle then with one of the worst games ever made.

6214530_rd.jpg

Edit: Even though I have a PS5 I’m never getting rid of this Pro.
Nah, that was actually a great deal because it was bundled for free.

We are excited to announce that a Limited Edition God of War PlayStation 4 Pro bundle will launch alongside the game on April 20, 2018. This special bundle features a fully customized PS4 Pro console inspired by Kratos’ Axe, a Leviathan Gray DualShock 4 wireless controller with insignia, a physical copy of God of War and digital content. This limited edition bundle will be available across the U.S. and Canada for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP). Pre-orders start today.

You didnt have to pay an extra 50 pounds/dollars for it on top of the console price like people have to with the HFW deal.

Nah, that was actually a great deal because it was bundled for free.

You didnt have to pay an extra 50 pounds/dollars for it on top of the console price like people have to with the HFW deal.

[/URL][/URL]

It wasn’t bundled for free for me. It still cost more than a standalone Pro. I know this because I bought it.

Edit: https://blog.playstation.com/2018/03/06/introducing-the-limited-edition-god-of-war-ps4-pro-bundle/

My mistake. The store I bought it from had the regular PS4 Pro at a lower price.

Last edited:
Elden Ring might not not even surpass plenty of Switch games than are still selling after half a decade, let alone stuff like Call of Duty, RDR2, etc...
The game has sold 13M right? Amazing numbers for sure but hardly "once in a generation type of numbers"

It was heavily front loaded too. Its dropping lower and lower in the charts. I tried to tell people they were overestimating it when they were throwing out numbers like 30 and 40 million. Not even the likes of zelda, mario and spider-man have reached those figures. I knew elden ring wouldn't have the legs to do it.

Top Bottom