• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 + Call of Duty Modern Warfare II Bundle - PS Direct Exclusive

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
CoD must be a real flop and this is the only way they can move copies. Bernd back me up on this.
You're not doing this right.

If the bundle is announced before release of the game its clearly because its a huge selling franchise and will incentivize sales. If the bundle comes after launch of the title its because its bomba and needs help.

Simples ;)

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Still no. I just said using forced bundles as proof for legs makes no sense 🤷‍♂️

You're not doing this right.

If the bundle is announced before release of the game its clearly because its a huge selling franchise and will incentivize sales. If the bundle comes after launch of the title its because its bomba and needs help.

Simples ;)
But Horizon was #12 on August NPD (without bundles) 7 months after release on 1 platform. That's not legs?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
But Horizon was #12 on August NPD (without bundles) 7 months after release on 1 platform. That's not legs?
12th lol, how many copies is that? There's not been much competition this year. I need to know the actual unit sales for the month to comment on that.

Also, are retailers hard bundling the game in the US like in other countries. Ie its not a bundle but a disk copy of the game you have to buy with the ps5? Plus I see its 12th in dollar sales not units. Kind of easier to drive more dollars when your games are 70 dollars.

The top ten shows some games with unreal legs. Mario kart, Minecraft etc.

Last edited:
12th lol, how many copies is that? There's not been much competition this year. I need to know the actual unit sales for the month to comment on that.

Also, are retailers hard bundling the game in the US like in other countries. Ie its not a bundle but a disk copy of the game you have to buy with the ps5? Plus I see its 12th in dollar sales not units. Kind of easier to drive more dollars when your games are 70 dollars.

The top ten shows some games with unreal legs. Mario kart, Minecraft etc.
That's ahead of multiplatform games like the latest Call of Duty. Maybe that one lacks legs as well?
#12 was also the 2nd platform exclusive best seller of the month, behind only Mario Kart 8.

Maybe every single other platform exclusive this year flopped?

The games you mention are also games with a strong online component, while Forbidden West's legs are from a single player experience only btw.

Y'all just created that narrative in your minds and will be defending it no matter what, It's kinda sad at this point, lmao.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Actually seen a horizon bundle at my local target the other day these have to be easier to get these days

I imagine MS will nix that part of the deal. They will be pumping it hard with Game Pass adverts.
Humor Boomer GIF

reksveks

Just how jim has them by balls with death loop coming to ps+ they will honour their contract.
The big unknowns are the costs and whether the same terms apply really.

It is possible that both Xbox and Sony are paying Bethesda 0 dollars or X dollars for Deathloop on GP. Obviously for Xbox, it's just an weird accounting trick.

ABK is obviously much bigger than Bethesda and Capcom.

Today I was able to secure a mint super clean original ps5 with the best fan model Sony released ( the same one that they showed in their tear down video ) . And I got the system for 370$ too with its box as well.

I just don’t want cheap 1200 or 1100 model . Yes the 1200 is better than 1100 but I just want the bigger heat sink. I just trust it more lol.
You may want to get the new ps5 controller or check and see what version you have. Sony released a second version of the dualsense which is supposed to have better durability against joystick drift.

EDMIX

Anyone know if its still in stock? I might....maybe, feasibly might jump into next gen next month if I can get one.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Only way to buy a ps5 is horizon bundle at 550 and cod bundle at 560 now, and they say price didn't go up in US lol 😂 it did, if they wanted they could sell the ps5 by itself... Sneaky bastards. At least they are available and come with a game
How dare a business do business things!!

During PS3 and PS4 era they thought they needed to do special editions in order to sell hardware. Now why bother doing that? They'll make more money selling the standard console at the usual price.
They can charge a premium for a special edition if they want im just saying give consumers the option

You can buy customplates. So from business perspective It makes no sense.
A custom faceplate can’t do anything to redesign the center black piece of the ps5 say to a different color or with different designs nor can it change the controller you know all things that are done with special edition console bundles

They can charge a premium for a special edition if they want im just saying give consumers the option
Not sure if it's worth it for them. It would cost them time and manpower which is to be avoided currently. They currently need to produce the most console they can in order to be able to sell software, win the sale war etc.. It's very different situation than during PS3 and PS4 era (after launch obviously) where they could afford to spend time on doing Limited Editions in order to please the customers or gain a few more dollars.

Now after soon 2 years there have still trouble to meet demand. Once they'll have done that, I reckon they'll take time to make LE consoles.

Not sure if it's worth it for them. It would cost them time and manpower which is to be avoided currently. They currently need to produce the most console they can in order to be able to sell software, win the sale war etc.. It's very different situation than during PS3 and PS4 era (after launch obviously) where they could afford to spend time on doing Limited Editions in order to please the customers or gain a few more dollars.

Now after soon 2 years there have still trouble to meet demand. Once they'll have done that, I reckon they'll take time to make LE consoles.
It’s weird they are making bundled of any kind then if what your saying is true

EDMIX

Sony making the most out of their contract while they can.
I mean....well, they have to, they are literally obligated by that contract to bundle and market Call Of Duty so....

edit. was finally able to get a pre-order of a PS5!

Will sell my copy of Call Of Duty MW2 as.....those days are over for me, PM if anyone is interested lol

Last edited:
I mean....well, they have to, they are literally obligated by that contract to bundle and market Call Of Duty so....

edit. was finally able to get a pre-order of a PS5!

Will sell my copy of Call Of Duty MW2 as.....those days are over for me, PM if anyone is interested lol
I wasn't aware CoD bundles were always a thing, I thought it was up to Sony as I don't remember another PS5 CoD bundle.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I wasn't aware CoD bundles were always a thing, I thought it was up to Sony as I don't remember another PS5 CoD bundle.

I believe this is the first for PS5, their prior bundles for the WWII, Black Ops, MW etc where all for PS4. So I don't really get why it would stop for PS4 when cold war came out besides them having another deal or something regarding PS5. So with situations like this, its in some contract that they likely must bundle, market, promote etc. They had a bundle for COD for MW for PS4 and Pro, so i'm not really surprised at a bundle for PS5 for MW2.

So I doubt much of this is really up to Sony themselves as this likely was laid out that they must do this based on their actual deal.

Top Bottom