• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 Feature Will End [Adjust HDR] Confusion, But only on Sony TVs

HTK

Banned
I need something quite bright that I can leave running through the day with some static images on

I jumped on the X900H right at launch hoping it was going to be the perfect console gaming TV, so much for early adoption.

Luckily Best Buy has said I could return it for a full refund just trying to decide which to grab next

Might wait for the 2022 model TVs and see what improvements they have as this TV still looks great just missing VRR functioning properly.
OLED may not be the way to go, but at the same time once you do go OLED nothing else matters. I can't stand any LEDs or these gaming monitors I got are terrible. Not only are my gaming monitors terrible in picture quality, their performance for gaming is also not good in terms of Response Time and Input Lag compared to my OLED. Can't wait for the 42" inch but I'm afraid it still might be too big for a desk with that brightness at 100% that close. But we'll see.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
OLED may not be the way to go, but at the same time once you do go OLED nothing else matters. I can't stand any LEDs or these gaming monitors I got are terrible. Not only are my gaming monitors terrible in picture quality, their performance for gaming is also not good in terms of Response Time and Input Lag compared to my OLED. Can't wait for the 42" inch but I'm afraid it still might be too big for a desk with that brightness at 100% that close. But we'll see.
I have a C9 and through the day its just not bright enough with the amount of natural light that comes in plus wanting to leave it on all day on something like stock tickers just wont work for OLED.

As far as monitors go on my desk I use an LG 27GP950 and it pairs nicely with these new consoles just finding one and then winning the panel lottery is all luck atm

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Only really interested in the future VRR implementation. Don’t really care about anything else atm. If done competently my A90J could last me a long time.

YCoCg

How difficult is it to just request this data from the TV properly? Like for OLEDS the Black minimum should always be 0 right? Raising that will cause greys.

Lognor

Banned
Don't hold your breath. I did, waiting and waiting and waiting for it to be implemented in the A80J. I just gave up on it and went with the LG C1. Sony needs to get their shit together on the gaming features. So odd too (I know they're different divisions) since Sony makes a console that will* support VRR and ALLM at some point.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Don't hold your breath. I did, waiting and waiting and waiting for it to be implemented in the A80J. I just gave up on it and went with the LG C1. Sony needs to get their shit together on the gaming features. So odd too (I know they're different divisions) since Sony makes a console that will* support VRR and ALLM at some point.
I already have a lg c1 need vrr on the console

S0ULZB0URNE

How difficult is it to just request this data from the TV properly? Like for OLEDS the Black minimum should always be 0 right? Raising that will cause greys.
I don't agree with this and Vincent's findings.

If you make it totally black you will crush details.
Adjust it(on every display) until you barely see details.

Top Bottom