• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Quantum Break Impressions & Previews

etta

my hard graphic balls
Woah woah woah, the blue gradient is gone?!?

5GPq8JA.jpg

So you visit that location multiple times throughout the game, then?

I'm sorry, Remedy. ;_;

Woah woah woah, the blue gradient is gone?!?

5GPq8JA.jpg

So you visit that location multiple times throughout the game, then?

I'm sorry, Remedy. ;_;

The blue gradient was prevalent in the time stuttered location. I think the area in your snap has always showcased brilliant colours.

Edit: A snap from the same location taken of a week old gamespot video:

HHqdbi.png

etta

my hard graphic balls
The blue gradient was prevalent in the time stuttered location. I think the area in your snap has always showcased brilliant colours.

Edit: A snap from the same location taken of a week old gamespot video:

HHqdbi.png

So they changed the gradient only for timestops.

Fuck, I really fucked up. I apologize a thousand more times, Remedy.

etta

my hard graphic balls
We change the color grading when you're inside a Stutter to the blueish you've seen in a few videos now :).

The lighting is absolutely beautiful, it looks very realistic!

By the way, can I ask if you guys took any inspiration from Fringe when designing the game? I am getting massive Fringe vibes, the world, the characters, the time phenomenon.

Zedox

Our audio team has put in crazy amounts of work into Quantum Break so here is an video showing off how the audio design differs in the "normal world" and the "stutter world".

Watch, or rather listen to it here.

We change the color grading when you're inside a Stutter to the blueish you've seen in a few videos now :).

I speak on behalf of everyone interested in this game for some developer diaries for QB (if you guys have any...or that may be next month for the marketing blitz).

EDIT: Shit, didn't meanto double post. Blah.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
This game is going to be so fking glorious. Cant wait!

Is it time for release yet? Man, I loved Alan Wake so much, I made a live action video before even knowing exactly what the core plot was. If I had the time, I'd do it again for this.

I speak on behalf of everyone interested in this game for some developer diaries for QB (if you guys have any...or that may be next month for the marketing blitz).

EDIT: Shit, didn't meanto double post. Blah.

We dont have time for developer diaries (and frankly most of them do not get enough views on youtube etc :() but I'm hoping the Xbox On stuff is helpful and there will be more tech stuff coming near GDC time.

Zedox

We dont have time for developer diaries (and frankly most of them do not get enough views on youtube etc :() but I'm hoping the Xbox On stuff is helpful and there will be more tech stuff coming near GDC time.

Figured. The Xbox On stuff is cool, keep it up (and informed of more news that comes from Xbox On). Also, is there any information that you can give us regarding benchmarking for PC and/or SLI/Crossfire support. I see that Gears of War: UE will have its own benchmarking tools with the game (obviously because of how UWP currently is). I can understand if you can't reveal that information.

Montresor

This has probably been answered a hundred times before:

If I pre-order physical (say at microsoftstore.ca) do I get digital codes for Alan Wake + American Nightmare?

Our audio team has put in crazy amounts of work into Quantum Break so here is an video showing off how the audio design differs in the "normal world" and the "stutter world".

Watch, or rather listen to it here.

Thanks for this, very interesting... Audio engineering is very much part of my life.

Juanfp

Bruh, I have the same thoughts. Too bad I don't have any gaming headphones for my XBO (and I don't have the newer controllers either).

Maybe your tv have 3.5mm port for headphones. I did this before getting the controller adapter.

The lighting is absolutely beautiful, it looks very realistic!

By the way, can I ask if you guys took any inspiration from Fringe when designing the game? I am getting massive Fringe vibes, the world, the characters, the time phenomenon.

What the art team got inspired by for Stutters (time breaking down) especially was lot of the work Chris Cunningham has done.

We have a lot of people working on the visuals so hard to say if someone liked Fringe or not, I dont think so. I personally liked the first two seasons and a lot of of course it was great to work with Lance Reddick on our game. In terms of time travel, we definitely liked the movies Looper and Primer.

Just read that the power pacing will be faster, YES!

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/quantum-break-looks-like-the-superhero-gaming-surprise-of-2016-449
quantum_break_power_pacing_vice_by_digi_matrix-d9tfl47.png

Infuriating in so many games when the ramp up to the good shit takes so long. Most recently, it was only until full upgrades that Dying Light felt fun and freeing in what you could do with combat (stealth takedowns via camouflage, death from aboves, grapple push to ground and execution an easy way to kill humans quickly, etc).

This is what I recently love about SUPERHOT, the only ability that is revealed later on is hotswitching. Not all games need to play as a regular game early then get to the USPs later on.

lcap

Well, this is it. This is the last footage I'll see till launch.

Looks awesome anyway. Really nice to see how fast they introduce the time powers.

Theorry

Nice. Jackfrags vids are always good quality and knows how to properly record footage.
Like he did with The Division.

vgVtPRb.png

Kezen

Banned
Great news : the PC version will not have parity with the console version.
Better effects + 60fps.
http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-pc-focusing-iq-xb1-improved-vfx-shadows-volumetic-lighting/
The Windows 10 version is trying to use all the power from the PC machines. It will focus on the image quality even more than Xbox One, we’re implementing 4K resolution, 60FPS, we are working on really cool graphical settings that will bump up the VFX, the shadow quality and the quality of volumetric lighting.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-p...vfx-shadows-volumetic-lighting/#ixzz41qgXlWTg

http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-quantum-breaks-strange-blend-of-gunplay-and-tv-show/
The version of Quantum Break I played was on PC, but only playable using controller because keyboard and mouse was still being worked on. It was also running at 30fps, but Remedy told me they will definitely hit 60fps in the remaining weeks of development.

Genio88

I'm not gonna watch anything more about the game, it's my most anticipated game of the year and i don't want to be spoiled, this month will be pretty long...
In Remedy i believe

Theorry

That's pretty good footage and gameplay there.

Yeah Jackfrags has always good looking footage. Seems to care more as a full time youtuber how his footage looks. Compared to the big sites. Wich is logical.
And he is a pretty decent player.

Top Bottom