• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New research debunks the dinosaur's roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Do you guys still want Jurassic Park movies to be 100% scientifically accurate

This is a stupid thing to ask because if the movies were 100% scientifically accurate there wouldn't be any damn dinosaurs. You cannot extract DNA from fossils because its half life is tiny compared to the millions of years the fossils have existed.

This is a stupid thing to say because if the movies were 100% scientifically accurate there wouldn't be any damn dinosaurs. You cannot extract DNA from fossils because its half life is tiny compared to the millions of years the fossils have existed.

I was joking as I pointed out before. Shouldn't have had to but here we are :p

Dinosaurs are serious fucking business.

You were defending a blockbuster movie

I wasn't, though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I was joking as I pointed out before. Shouldn't have had to but here we are :p

Dinosaurs are serious fucking business.

I wasn't, though.

I reread my post and I came off real harsh, wasn't my intent. Was trying to joke off about how silly it is to ask for 100% accuracy for a movie about Dinos in modern times.

God Cassowaries sound freaky.

Now imagine what the hell an animal as large as Tyrannosaurus would sound like.

giphy.gif

Despera

Banned
Clarke: we also needed to look at alligators and crocodiles as the closest cousins to dinosaurs.

Wertheimer: Well, I have actually heard alligators bellow and make a terrific noise.

Clarke: Well, exactly, and that bellow is a closed-mouth sound. So when we think of our T. rex, we don't need to imagine just simple cooing. But there are a variety of generally low frequency sounds that are produced in this way.
So dinosaurs still definitely sounded terrifyingly awesome. Cool.

Sesha

Hardly surprising. Bring on the giant cassowaries.

The people who inevitably complain about the new research probably don't remember that the JP animals weren't genetically pure.

bitbydeath

New Research: Dinosaurs were actually the size of birds, the bones since found are only large today due to years of growing in dirt.

Not

Banned
I knew it. I knew it man. Lizards don't roar, bark, squeak, or nothing. If dinosaurs made any sounds, they would probably be subdued or be more like bird calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom