• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rhasodia (Suikoden tactics) screens

jiggle

At Game Watch

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050624/rhap.htm

rhap02.jpg

rhap06.jpg

rhap07.jpg

rhap08.jpg

rhap09.jpg

rhap10.jpg

rhap11.jpg

edit: oops, missspelled the title :/

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Murayama am cry

It sad to see Suikoden like this, one of my favorite RPG series why Konami? why? :(

Bebpo

Banned
rhap08.jpg

rhap12.jpg

rhap03.jpg

rhap04.jpg

:lol

The sad part is that as a big Suikoden fan I'm going to have to spend $70 on the import and give 30-50 hours of my life to playing this in September. I AM VERY SCARED OF SEPTEMBER

opkal

If it's a Suikoden game why is it called Rhapsodia, are they so sure of it's poor quality that they fear it'll tarnish the name?

ferricide

ye gods.

i love how japanese mentality seems to be, "this series is on the downtrend.. quick, let's start FUCKING THE FANBASE LIKE A DISEASED WHORE" rather than "let's rethink things and come back better than ever!" (see also: xenosaga episode II YES I STILL LIKE IT)

god this series is TEH DEWMED

oh well, we'll always have the first two.

Castlevania 64 called, and he wants his environment texture ba--just one moment.
That was Photoshop Elements on the other line. He says to "cut it out" with the craquelure tool or he's cutting you off.
Another mocking letter about your cel-shading technique came in today's post from Level 5. Should I put it with the ones from Smilebit?
And don't worry, we have the character artist on 24-hour suicide watch. No matter what happens to the rest of the team, she'll be safe.

Bebpo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
Castlevania 64 called, and he wants his environment texture ba--just one moment.
That was Photoshop Elements on the other line. He says to "cut it out" with the craquelure tool or he's cutting you off.
Another mocking letter about your cel-shading technique came in today's post from Level 5. Should I put it with the ones from Smilebit?
And don't worry, we have the character artist on 24-hour suicide watch. No matter what happens to the rest of the team, she'll be safe.

To be fair, I think they at least did a good job at making realistic looking crates:

rhap12.jpg

As long as the Crate to Game ratio remains high it could turn out alright.

ferricide

uh, why is the rowboat in that screenshot bebpo just posted celshaded? is it a character? they must be really desperate to get to 108 stars this time.

Bebpo said:
As long as the Crate to Game ratio remains high it could turn out alright.

Do you think there are objects inside those crates? I sure hope so!

Remember, this game is so bad that they won't let it have the Suikoden name. Yet they didn't feel Suikoden 4 deserved the same treatment......FEAR.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I ask for a new console Final Fantasy Tactics...God gives me this. WHY?! I guess that about wraps it up for the Suikoden series. :(

ferricide

Shouta said:
It's probably a piece of equipment that you can use to move on the map in combat ferricide.
well the first time you get the shit kicked out of you by a sentient boat (named fune-chan) in rhapsodia, i will laugh... becuase you spent like 7000 yen on this piece of shit.

Shouta said:
It's probably a piece of equipment that you can use to move on the map in combat ferricide.

Then why does it show up by itself in the turn order at the top of the screen? Why do THEY show up by THEMSELVES, even? Myself, I'm inclined to believe it's a clan of cheerful, sentient boats.

ferricide

JackFrost2012 said:
Myself, I'm inclined to believe it's a clan of cheerful, sentient boats.
suikoden -- now beyond furry.

suikoden 1: kobolds.
suikoden 2: uh, more kobolds?
suikoden 3: ducks.
suikdoen 4: cats.
rhapsodia: SENTIENT BOATS

Shouta

I didn't realize that was a turn order, I thought it was a status display for the entire map. Sentient boats would be...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ferricide said:
suikoden -- now beyond furry.

suikoden 1: kobolds.
suikoden 2: uh, more kobolds?
suikoden 3: ducks.
suikdoen 4: cats.
rhapsodia: SENTIENT BOATS

Suikoden 2 was Wingers.

Oh and Rhasodia is ugly but if it comes out here I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The Abominable Snowman said:
Suikoguy's cock exploded.

That's why he hasn't responded yet.

I'm not gonna defend it, i'll also be the first to admit that the series has gone downhill.
I do like how the game looks clean, but i'll be waiting for reviews.. if it actually comes out here. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I don't see why it wouldn't come out here. Konami brings over all it's stuff for the most part.

Though I do expect the Suikoden name to get tagged back on for the US release. Unlike the Japanese I doubt the US side cares if the game tarnishes the name of the series, and would rather just get the extra sales from calling it SUIKODEN: Rhapsodia.

Ranger X

Damn this looks like shit. But maybe the game can play good and actually make me forget how awfull Suiko 3 and 4 are.

Is there someone who knows if this game is turn-based ala FF tactics or more like Fire Emblem? I only like tactic rpgs when it's all my party's turn and then all ennemi's turn.

Vargas

Bebpo said:
I don't see why it wouldn't come out here. Konami brings over all it's stuff for the most part.

Though I do expect the Suikoden name to get tagged back on for the US release. Unlike the Japanese I doubt the US side cares if the game tarnishes the name of the series, and would rather just get the extra sales from calling it SUIKODEN: Rhapsodia.

Didn't Konami trademark Suikoden Tactics?

Top Bottom