• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Saints Row Trailer

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think you mean a Body Type 2 with standard titty size due to lack of any slider to define it.

I miss the old Saints Row back in 2013 too...

9YscQn6.jpg
Is it all there in saints row 3 remastered ?
I know I always played a big mustache man with afro and in a full knight armor set. Of course.... Maybe it's time to replay 3rd as latex woman :D

Is it all there in saints row 3 remastered ?
I know I always played a big mustache man with afro and in a full knight armor set. Of course.... Maybe it's time to replay 3rd as latex woman :D
on pc you can buy either version i think the remade of 3 has everything from the original game

I liked what I watched in the announce and Santo Ileso trailers, though I gotta say I only dabbled in SR3 and 4 briefly, so I don't have any particular attachment to the characters of old.

Now I understand why the game is the way it is, this former school geek, who has risen to CCO at Volition, who was probably bullied his whole life, is taking vengeance on alpha males who in real life would kick his ass…. His bellow quote is in reference to what he thinks sets Saints Row apart from other games, qualities he claims “you never see in games”…. Is this guy even cognisant?!

PzEoDMs.jpg
n0CxjbX.jpg

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Now I understand why the game is the way it is, this former school geek, who has risen to CCO at Volition, who was probably bullied his whole life, is taking vengeance on alpha males who in real life would kick his ass…. His bellow quote is in reference to what he thinks sets Saints Row apart from other games, qualities he claims “you never see in games”…. Is this guy even cognisant?!

PzEoDMs.jpg
n0CxjbX.jpg

Dude talking and looking like an inbred discount John Goodman. "He likes to cook," and "over the top badass," don't belong in the same trailer. Not even Final Fantasy "A NEW RECIPE!" XV made those statements in conjunction. I will not please be excited for this.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dont understand the hate of this reboot.

Can anyone Explain me?
-Lack of Johnny Gat
-Poor character design
-Plot is lol my student loans
-Bullshit hair
-Gameplay looks rather bland
-Devs trashing fans on Twitter which is kinda hilarious and sad at the same time
-Dev documentary is very cringe inducing

I dunno if I missed anything. Maybe if character customization comes around and we find out you can't be a busty girl I can complain about that.

So far not a good look. But the reasonable thing to do is to wait for this dumpster fire to come out and judge accordingly.

just look at the positive replies on twitter.
1 or more of these:
- pedo anime avatar of some little girl
- Crazy hair colour
- made up pronouns
- a billion hashtags and rainbow flags

Clear which group likes this game, same people who like the originals?🤣

Last edited:

GymWolf

Y'all realize the black chick boss is just the default PC, and you can customize it to be a gruff white guy? It'll be okay.
Can i also nuclearize the shitty rest of the party as well? because changing the main chara is useless if you are surronded by the podcast guy or the shirtless cook who have to pay their school loans...

Race was never the problem dude, SR always had a diverse cast.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This was gen one third street?
saints-row-3rd-street-saints-wallpaper-wide-hd-action-adventure.jpg

By the time we reach Saints Row 3 the saints were barely a gang:
game-steam-saints-row-the-third-remastered-wallpaper-3.jpg

Look how they massacred our stoner chick?

Everything after SR3 was alittle too much so im happy they are toning it back down.

I dont care what the other characters look like because well shit they never had particularly good designs.
And the story.....anyone who can tell me the story of SR -> SR2 -> SR3 without googling ill give you fucking medal, cuz SR2 onwards had joke level writing and that was basically the point.

SR4 onwards dont even come at me with story bullshit.

People are outraged for the sake of being outraged.
Gameplay looked like Saints Row im not going to be hanging with homies so i really dont care what the other chracters look like.
Let me just fuck shit up..

Saints Row was one of my favourite "goofy" game experiences. I loved the mindless fun of it. I'm not sure I remember the story or the characters in the grand scheme of things, but the gameplay is remembered fondly. I hope that replaying 3 now it is free on EGS will not ruin those memories!

As for this reboot, I'm not surprised in some respects - SR has always been somewhat of a pastiche of other games eg. GTA and now they are continuing. The story does sound quite off tangent compared to the tone of the original 2 at least, but once actual gameplay previews made by real people, not marketing departments, come out, then I will pass judgement.

I can forgive a lot of stupidity in the story and presentation if the gameplay will give the same feeling as the older entries.

fatmarco

I can't wait to help our new protaganists pay off their student loans!
I still don't understand how they try to give them more personable, grounded and relatable problems and personalities, but then also have them be murderous psychopaths who laugh off the deaths of civilians and sell drugs to children, and are basically terrorists.

To me that's more "ludonarrative dissonance" than a game can feasibly manage without it being obnoxious.

Tin foil hat time:
Maybe (probably not), you’ll be able to customize your entire crew like you can for the boss/MC. Make them look like the gang you want.

Can anyone Explain me?
Nobody asked for this Watch Dogs2/Destruction Allstars character bullshit.

I tell you something. They can create as many shitty characters as they want.

But don't put the Saints Row name on it.
They could easily create whatever they want but to get a decent amount of Sales they are using the Saints Row name and now they call the fanbase who crititize this haters.

It's just simple. You want to create shitty characters create a new franchise and don't call it Saints Row.

Reminds me off Battlefield where people who asked for authenticity got a response If you don't like the game don't buy It.😆🤦‍♂️

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Nobody asked for this Watch Dogs2/Destruction Allstars character bullshit.

I tell you something. They can create as many shitty characters as they want.

But don't put the Saints Row name on it.
They could easily create whatever they want but to get a decent amount of Sales they are using the Saints Row name and now they call the fanbase who crititize this haters.

It's just simple. You want to create shitty characters create a new franchise and don't call it Saints Row.

Reminds me off Battlefield where people who asked for authenticity got a response If you don't like the game don't buy It.😆🤦‍♂️
The worst thing developers can do is make enemies of your customers. It's not for nothing but in the case of Gravity Rush 2, the developers are good and decent people, they always had communication with the fans and even the Gravity Rush artist congratulated me on my birthday and Keiichiro Toyama answered my messages, my respects for Gravity team.

cormack12

Gold Member

Can anyone Explain me?

Imagine SSM made their god of war sequel and made Atreus the main character. In your head, you're gonna have a pretty good idea of how he would look right. Something like one of these fan mock ups right, of a mix and match of different aspects?

09b3f0f6828ce342010426212d62a568.jpg
OIP.1wtZ1ElSMruphOxc2El5QgHaJM
2ac91277afb867aea89ccf60861d16ac.png

So everyone tunes into the reveal later and what they actually get is something like this instead:

images
season-2014-pictured-allison-williams-as-peter-pan-news-photo-1583939140.jpg
R.b2ae09c9dc83bbbf555f51a681668ee1

So you take the piss and ask wtf the studio were thinking and share your horror. Studio (and twitter) accuses everyone of being homophobic, sexist, racist and all the other stuff that goes on twitter. SSM basically say calm down because you've never seen character design like this before ever. They're not going to listen to you and you will deal with it.

That's pretty much it, then other people wade in and say it's just because he has a mini perm, or looks a bit gangly or he's blue with woke hair. When really it's just a bunch of shit character design in an awful trailer.

Top Bottom