• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Scam Citizen update blames backers for their 'continued noise' about delays 'distracting' the team

Buki1

dont-bite-the-hand-that-feeds-you-2chainz.gif

ethomaz

Banned
Scam vs miss-managed. Their financial information is literally publicy available. They have 700+ employees. if think this is a "Scam" you're a fucking idiot. There's no other words I can use. They go through the money they're using. It's all public info.
Get money from others for 10 years and not delivering anything is pretty much the definition of scam.

Ohhh and they keep working trying news way to get more money from you 🔥

Edit - Removed working because I realized the ships they sell doesn’t exists.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
A lot of nerve they have saying that after not delivering for so many years...... brutal really.

There’s always the “I spent 100 bucks on ships for the game and i’ve enjoyed every minute of it” idiots in these threads lol.

Just admit you were a sucker and move on

Skifi28

It's better than most console games in its current state and will only get better in the future. That's probably why there's so many haters.
But are they console games if they're also on PC? And what if Star Citizen also got a console port in 20 years when (or if) it's finished? Would it be better than itself? So many questions...

Last edited:

Buki1

When in 2012 or 2013 Roberts said that this will be PC exclusive because they "don't want to dumb it down for console players" and whole crowd bursted out with growling chants about being "master race" I knew that they are not building a game. They are creating a sect of worshippers. And every year proves it.

AllBizness

Banned
This game is a scam, the fact they dont talk to traditional games media or any press, never showed up at any gaming events should tell you that.

Dlacy13g

I get that people are upset but do they really think bitching and complaining is going to solve anything? Screaming at the devs doesn’t make them code faster. That’s just not how it works.
Can they get a refund on their backing? Honest question... because if not what is their recourse other than being vocally upset over the extended time this is taking?

By UK law, all financials are tracked in tax filings.

You can literally see where all the money goes. Choose to remain ignorant if you want, doesn't affect me. All I spent was $45 on basic game package and have had 1k+ hours in it over the years. I got my money's worth already. Peace.
Aaaahh so you are emotionally invested. That explains your point of view. Peace.

There’s always the “I spent 100 bucks on ships for the game and i’ve enjoyed every minute of it” idiots in these threads lol.

I spent 30 bucks on the game and spent easily 50+ hours playing it. Was also pretty fun most of the time. I spent way more money on way less fun things in my life.

DustQueen

Banned
Chris Roberts was actually my business couch.
I learned allot of important things on how make it work.

First rule of business:
Deadlines is a myth
Second:
Investors exist only to go fuck em selfs n giving money
Third:
It is all bout promise, not the product
Fourth:
I do not have time to write it coss my boss told me to clean up puke under the 6th table... Need to go.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Completely predictable move for a scam in progress / pyramid scheme / etc. They're at a point now that they can begin to be less transparent while weeding out and ignoring those they've already scammed and are no longer providing additional revenue. I'd expect them to announce some kind of promotion or program that "thanks" and recognizes their most ardent and existent whales / marks while actually asking them for more money without explicitly saying as much.

These kinds of scams usually never last nearly as long as this one has, but it's playing out pretty much exactly the same in just a drawn-out fashion. Typically scams and schemes like this abandon their marks after a short period of time, repackage themselves in some way, and target a new group of marks. Think Amway. But in this case CIG or whatever they're called lucked out and have been able to reliably con a massive single group for a decade.

Last edited:

speckz

I feel like the second that Star Citizen is released, I will lose that little remaining interest in the game.

Also, I have no clue why they are talking about a sequel to Squadron 42 in 2026 when they haven't even released the first.

manfestival

Always blame the fans. Are you even a good developer if you aren't actively going after your community the moment you don't live up to the expectations that you set?

Doczu

I think the OP forgot the cringe tag.

The "Scam Citizen" moniker that neckbeards are desperately trying to make happen has all the hallmarks of the "Sean Murray lied! Never forgive! Never forget!" bullshit that is still being pushed. Half the people screaming into the void have never spent a dime on Star Citizen. Me? I'll wait for the reviews.
Sean Murray delivered and more and it took him less years and money thsn Scam Citizen.

Good luck waiting for reviews you may be dead by then.

Honestly fuck those guys. This has been in development forever and it’s moving basically nowhere. They will never finish the game and if they are going to blame players, then that’s on them for announcing things too quickly and never setting decent deadlines for deliverables.

If this wasn’t an early access product they would never have come this far. Early access and this selling ships bullshit has basically given them the idea that they can drag this on forever because there are absolute morons out there that continue to buy into their bullshit.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Also, I have no clue why they are talking about a sequel to Squadron 42 in 2026 when they haven't even released the first.

Because after awhile people start to ask "but iv already given money for you to deliver X why should I pay more money for X?"

The solution now have them spend to help deliver Y, after all X is due out any day now... just look at the roadmap, it's right there.

Last edited:

TVexperto

holy shit their twitch stream was a mess, they literally pretended nothing happened, lied with a straight face and kept deletinc criticism in their chat

ethomaz

Banned
Completely predictable move for a scam in progress / pyramid scheme / etc. They're at a point now that they can begin to be less transparent while weeding out and ignoring those they've already scammed and are no longer providing additional revenue. I'd expect them to announce some kind of promotion or program that "thanks" and recognizes their most ardent and existent whales / marks while actually asking them for more money without explicitly saying as much.

These kinds of scams usually never last nearly as long as this one has, but it's playing out pretty much exactly the same in just a drawn-out fashion. Typically scams and schemes like this abandon their marks after a short period of time, repackage themselves in some way, and target a new group of marks. Think Amway. But in this case CIG or whatever they're called lucked out and have been able to reliably con a massive single group for a decade.
He will start to say he have a metal breakdown *

* He will post that from some caribe beach.

ethomaz

Banned
Are the spaceships NFTs yet? They really should be.
The hard work to make NFTs? Nope.

They shell a pic of some painted ship… it doesn’t exists in 3D or any other ingame place.

It is a promise to create the ship when the game launches 😂😂😂

Loope

How much did you spend?
You don't have to spend anything in order to not go around calling other people idiots. When you have people paying sometimes 60€ or more to play a game once and never touch it again, it is a tall order to call other people idiots, it's their fucking money, they're not asking you or any other person here, for that matter, money to pay the game.
I never put any money on this, in fact in my whole life i preordered a game once and i don't feel i have the right to mock people or call them idiots. It's not the first time either you see lots of people that have nothing to do with something getting all nervous and concerned when the people that put money in are ok with it.
I suspect if they didn't touch the graphic powerhouse button so much, many of the concerned about the state of the game, would disappear.

EDMIX

smh.

I didn't pay a dim for Star Citizen and agree with most that this some scam type thing where they have no real plans or cares to release it anytime soon as they are getting paid regardless simply to exist at this point, but I draw the line at attacking consumers, users ,gamers etc

And, admit what? To those who like this game, they are getting something from it as they still put out patches, updates, add ships, different modes etc. If someone like that, what the fuck would they be admitting if that is indeed what they like? Just stop man, everyone doesn't need to like the same shit, but stop this immature narrative that someone must "admit" or "confess" or some shit that something is bad as if that is a fact or objective thing.

If they got something from this, they weren't really scammed, even if I believe it was a scam. As in, the developers have no real plans to release the game and are scamming people to get money, but stuff is indeed being put out, someone may have got those ships, modes etc and enjoy what they got, thus not scammed. For what it is, they like it so its hard to say someone is scammed that feels they got what they paid for or is just playing the free stuff and having fun.

Scammed imho would be those who paid money WITH the intent of believing this will actually release as a final thing, as in they are paying to get something that may never release. I'm not defending the actions of this team btw as that seems to be the popular neckbeard thing to say when ever people call out this weird rage, foaming at the mouth shit, I'm saying you can agree that the team is scamming, without attacking users on here or calling them idiots or suckers or asking them to "admit" to something you believe that they may not. None of that is necessary and some of the most toxic shit in gaming.

Top Bottom