• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"New School RPG" by former Shin Megami Tensei development and music staff to be announced on June 10, involved creators include S, I, M, and N

Sidesalad

I'm really digging the 2d artwork, but the 3d models and animations look rough.... I'm talking like PS3 rough. Oh well, at least it's not mobile.

lachesis

Asian ver with Simplified Chinese / Korean ver releasing same day on PS4/5 as well as Switch - with English sub and voice to be released as free DLC later on.

Perhaps the western release isn’t too far behind?

edit; no steam ver. Sorry, misread…

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm really digging the 2d artwork, but the 3d models and animations look rough.... I'm talking like PS3 rough. Oh well, at least it's not mobile.
You can't expect this game to have FFVIIR level of budget behind it, its same with majority of SMT games.

lachesis

Cut off school environment and all kinda sounds like SMT.. IF vibe, rather than a Persona. Not too familiar with SMT, so I could be wrong.

At least it has varied (albeit generic..) cast - feeling something of 999 type games - and hoping that it would provide a good branching storylines.

As per the illustration - I like them - but I also concur that 3d renditions of the characters don't really live upto the 2d counterpart.
It looks a bit better than what Falcom offers (at least by Ys IX standard, not the latest Kiseki)... but barely.
Yes, I do wish the smaller Japanese devs would be able to improve upon.

I am more intrigued by the battle system, free movement up to 6 characters, which would also affect the strategy of the battle & combo etc. (Turn based too)

Berserk meter, sounds a bit vague (as far as I understand, you can unleash powerful attack but that can also harm your allies - but if you can control/overcome it, you also gain a powerful weapon... not sure if this weapon being literal sense or figurative sense).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't, but this somehow seems a step below P5 in terms of models/animations.
It's actually pretty same, other than awakening cutscenes, the actual 3D models and animation is pretty basic. It's the slick UI and art direction is making game P5 look good, that game is also a PS3 that ported to PS4.

Top Bottom